No announcement yet.

The new COVID thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, same with us. My wife had it (largely minor symptoms) and I did not catch it, nor did my kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
      Yeah, same with us. My wife had it (largely minor symptoms) and I did not catch it, nor did my kids.
      Yep, I'm the only one who's caught it in my family thankfully, and it was fairly mild.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        Most interesting part of the graph to me is the biggest baby boom generation in 20 years. It makes sense as more people worked from home and socialized much less, presumably more time for sex and/or family planning. Still a bit surprising.

Despite the baby boom, the Covid death count crushed it for team death.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          Most interesting part of the graph to me is the biggest baby boom generation in 20 years. It makes sense as more people worked from home and socialized much less, presumably more time for sex and/or family planning. Still a bit surprising.

Despite the baby boom, the Covid death count crushed it for team death.
          Maybe I read it wrong, but I think births were down significantly
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            Maybe I read it wrong, but I think births were down significantly
            You're right, I read it poorly.

It's actually amazing to see such a decline in birth rate, given the aforementioned factors.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• I had Covid a few weeks ago, and it was rougher than I expected, certainly worse than the side effects from my vaccines. I've had chest pains for the first time in my life, and that has me a bit concerned. I wonder if it's myocarditis. Need to get it checked out.

Much bigger concern to me is my 62 year old mom just got Covid, and she lupus, so being severely immunocompromised, I'm hoping her 3 vaxes help her. She just texted me "throat so sore today" and she's someone accustomed to daily pain. So it's scary.

Comment

I had Covid a few weeks ago, and it was rougher than I expected, certainly worse than the side effects from my vaccines. I've had chest pains for the first time in my life, and that has me a bit concerned. I wonder if it's myocarditis. Need to get it checked out.

Much bigger concern to me is my 62 year old mom just got Covid, and she lupus, so being severely immunocompromised, I'm hoping her 3 vaxes help her. She just texted me "throat so sore today" and she's someone accustomed to daily pain. So it's scary.
                Sorry to hear that, best wishes for your mom's health and recovery
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I had Covid a few weeks ago, and it was rougher than I expected, certainly worse than the side effects from my vaccines. I've had chest pains for the first time in my life, and that has me a bit concerned. I wonder if it's myocarditis. Need to get it checked out.

Hope your mom is okay.

Comment

• if you have chest pains take a 325mg regular strength aspirin. or if you want to be cautious take baby aspirin. it does wonders. it will thin the blood and make your heart work easier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      I am one.

Mrs. Gregg started feeling ill on New Years Day. Over the next several days she kept getting sicker. She was tested at a site and found negative. After about 7 days she started feeling better. We went to my Grandson's Hockey game. The next day she got hit hard again, tested again negative. This went on until a week ago Wednesday when I took her to the Doctors office. There she tested positive for covid. Lung X Rays showed no pneumonia or blood clots. She started feeling better this last Monday. All symptoms of covid are gone with the exception of some gastro intestinal issues and reoccurring headaches. Doctor does not think these are covid related.

She had covid before the vaccine, had the vaccine when it became available as well as the second round. Add this to the fact that she was tested for antibodies (positive) her rheumatologist recommended that she pass on the booster (she would have had to go off existing meds that would have been painful).

I on the other hand followed her same path except I did get the booster. I live with her and did not get covid again. Or if I did I had no symptoms.
                      you have natural immunity, the risk benefit is negative. you are just retraining your immune system to fight one protein of a virus that already mutated and evaded vaccine immunity. your natural immunity will recognize more epitopes or proteins of the virus and provide better protection. pretty soon you are going to be seeing more vaccinated ppl being infected. ..and it's actually already happened. it's just the term or 'fully vaccinated' has always been fuzzy. you are most vulnerable 14 days after vaccination. this is when your defenses are down while your body makes a game plan.

it's simple, why are the most vaccinated countries hardest hit by covid. ..if you survived covid, there is no benefit to the vaccine. i was wrong about super immunity. ppl don't understand original antigenic sin or ADE. it only starts to happen after immunity and antibody levels start to wane. and we haven't even reached that point yet to test it and may never if ppl keep getting boosters.

natural immunity will last much longer than vaccination. and probably forever. you might still get sick, but not as much as the first time. it's not healthy to keep getting boosters and amping up your body in a constant state of surveillance. and even if you have low antibodies from your first infection, those b-cells will rapidly assemble to defense upon reinfection. this is why measuring antibody levels if you are not currently infected is flawed.

Comment

• Covid infection rates have plunged over the last month, dropping from a high of 870k a day to ~125k now. That's a drop of almost 80%.

But covid deaths haven't fallen by nearly as much, still in the ~2300/day range, about 30% lower from where it was a month ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Covid infection rates have plunged over the last month, dropping from a high of 870k a day to ~125k now. That's a drop of almost 80%.

But covid deaths haven't fallen by nearly as much, still in the ~2300/day range, about 30% lower from where it was a month ago.
                          That's expected right? The fall in death rates should lag a couple weeks after the fall in infection rates, since death isn't instantaneous upon infection.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            That's expected right? The fall in death rates should lag a couple weeks after the fall in infection rates, since death isn't instantaneous upon infection.
                            Correct. We had a discussion about this a little over a year ago. At that time there was approximately a 3 week lag between infections and corresponding reported deaths.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• US approaching 1 million COVID deaths, about 1/3 of which came after the vaccines were widely available. World approaching 6 million COVID deaths, although the real toll is likely millions more than the official count.
                              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                              X