No announcement yet.

The new COVID thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's really the coronavirus. i have it again, and the old guy isn't feeling well either. i didn't give it to him anymore than anyone else did. he's vaccinated with 2 shots. and i have been thankful for that. i don't really knock the vaccines. it's kept him alive. he's also on blood thinners and asthma inhalers (which helps a lot). everyone is at the point where we're like fuck it. i hope he doesn't die. my innate immune system just kicks it out. i get a runny nose and feel like shit and that's it. for him, it can be lethal. i got him to take multivitamins this morning. but any sign of him feeling worse he'll goto the hospital. if he does it'll be the 2nd time he's had it.

again i never said ADE or Original Antigenic Sin or something like Mareks disease IS going to happen. i just said it COULD happen. because NO-ONE can say it will or won't. it's up to the virus. and neither the CDC or NIH can't predict it either. all i ever said was to be aware it CAN happen. ..you want me to give you the percentage of chances? don't ask me, ask the authorities. but they can't either, because they don't KNOW. it's a game of evolutionary chicken.

why would you make a vaccine that only targets one epitope of the virus. because it would be dangerous to target all the epitopes. they played it safe and made it non sterilizing. and that was the right move. but eventually, other vaccines will come out that will target all the epitopes, and that's when, in the game of chicken, the cars get closer and faster. all i ever said was to be aware of the risks. or at least acknowledge the risks. which is why i said mandating it was dangerous and illogical. because if you are pathologically protected but not immune then that's your choice. if you are not vaccinated or protected and can die then that's your choice. and for the few that don't have a choice, well life isn't fair is it. but that doesn't include most children. their innate immune systems will just kick the virus to the curb.

when you vaccinate children from this, with a non-sterilizing vaccine, you are fucking up their future defenses against it once it mutates again because the adaptive immune system, once awakened will override their innate one. you are weakening them.

there are so many contradictions going on. i can list all of them if you want. and i can tell you, i don't know why no-one has yet. it's not hard. i look at it like this, it's like replacing a kidney in a cat, you have to take another kidney from a healthy cat to let your cat live. and you have to adopt the cat you take the kidney from. which would be a male cat, they have stronger kidneys. but someday that cat will also have kidney disease from your actions. and then you will have to do it again, and again, and again.

i don't know what part you guys didn't understand when i said 2 years ago that you can't vaccinate your way out of this one. when i said there would be too many reservoirs and that only treatment was the best alternative. the pfizer drug is the same as ivermectin. they both will work. hopefully they approve the pfizer drug ASAP. fuck the monetary cost. even though that is Bidens only strategy, to keep throwing more money at every problem. except student loans.

you can't save everyone. and it's always the future generation that has to bear our selfish costs. you vaccinate the future generation with this imperfect vaccine to save the older one generation, and you are potentially compromising their immune defenses once this mutates again.

Comment

• i find it ironic saying we are playing a game of chicken with evolution in the context of Mareks disease since it affects chickens.

but i really don't think it's Mareks disease scenario. chickens are easy targets since they are all penned up.

Comment

• cat watched everything going on today, and she won't come in and sitting in the car saying, you guys are dying (yes cats know this is going on, don't make me list how many sensors they have in their nose) and all you are worried about is cable TV.

Comment

• life is playing a game of chicken with god. if you believe that freewill exists -which is ridiculous to think it doesn't. everyone searches for answers. god is searching for an answer thru us that he doesn't know. because he is not capable of knowing it, because he can live forever.

ok i hear the TV going on in the trailer next to me. normally i would complain it's too loud, and think about stealing the universal remote i programmed for him and then found the 2nd controller. so the TV being on is a good thing. maybe someday i'll hear him surfing 190 channels for 69.99 + tax. and i'll never complain about how loud the TV is and just be glad he's alive.

so did i misunderstand the cat acting weird tonight? arguing with humans is easy, arguing with cats not so much.

Comment

• the calico is the strong silent type. the two of them work together, they are as thick as thieves. she was hiding inside the RV just now and popped up when the TV came on and the old guy was alive. and the ginger was outside, who is normally the diplomat. when a cat is hiding inside a 22 ft RV, they have some skill. the fucking ginger somehow is able to sneak by me when i open the camper door. out of 12 times i've only caught her twice... literally in front of me. and one of those times i had to question for about 1.5-2 hours if it was a supernatural event. and then i figured out how she did it. i think

Comment

• the ginger social butterfly is disappointed i got drunk. and cats know everything due to that saying better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt. still it's really weird behavior tonite.

i could live in the woods with bears. hell, put me in the jungle with lions.

i wouldn't trust tigers though.

Comment

• fucking calico is heavy too. i don't know what a 15-20 pound cat is like but after feeding her steady for 2 years, when she sits on me it uncomfortable. it's like having weights on you.

i try to put weight on the ginger but i can't. she's long but skinny. had a blood work T4 test for hyperthyroidism, it was negative but. i don't trust the doctors. i trust my own eyes. so i will monitor how much food she eats trying to get her fat and why i can't put weight on her.

Comment

• so it's two things, the ginger cat won't come in tonite because the old guy is actually in the process of dying. ..i can't hear the TV anymore. or she is questioning herself about how it's so difficult to order cable TV.

i tried direct TV but i got a woman who spoke great english but it was just enough to not understand.

surprisingly these guys are contractors in their own house. and you think you are calling a company nearby. and then they ask you for a credit check. and you think someone is stealing your SS. even then, i wasn't very convinced when he said his company would never he hacked and the information wasn't kept long. i worked for TJX, we were the first major companies to get it. and we kept that information on our servers for years.

Comment

• distrust is a bad business model

oh, wait. did i tell you someday i will be a space satellite bandit. stealing channels with a VPN over broadband internet is nothing. it's when you chew and screw with a satellite and can figure out how to aim it in space. and then you are stealing cable.

Comment

• contradictions where do you start?

if it's non sterilizing, how do you stop transmission, which isn't the main goal of vaccination
                      if you fill up hospitals, how can that happen in this day and age vs something like 1918. healthcare is much better than 100 years ago
                      how can you stop mutations with a non sterilizer when Africa can't get vaccines while we hoard them.

what happens after you deny healthcare to the unvaccinated by saying it's our fault and use us as boogeymen. where every unhealthy choice ppl make in the future burdens healthcare as prices rise and we have to ration it. because that is the ship we are sailing. even though the ppl accusing us of it are polluting the environment and giving us premature cancer.

yet i suppose lung cancer can't be blamed on capitalism if we outlaw tobacco. like New Zealand.

i don't know, there are so many contradictions in the present and future. yet, either way the world is changing. california outlawing small gas engines, NYC banning new buildings having gas connections. i hate to say it but onejay was right about nuclear energy. better to risk blowing ourselves up than a slow death.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                        I thought those of us who wanted to continue the discussion about the worst pandemic in 100 years could do so here without having to wade through so much nonsense.
                        Hmmm....
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          Hmmm....
                          FS, can you report back to us on what CyberNinjas are tweeting out these days?

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                            FS, can you report back to us on what CyberNinjas are tweeting out these days?
                            I can
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              I can
                              Ok, great!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                One of my friends and co-worker is in the hospital with covid. This is today's update:

He did not have a good day. He tried to walk around and his oxygen level dropped dramatically and needed 8 liters of oxygen. Doc says his lungs are damaged and the goal right now is to break up the blood clot in his lungs. He had another x-ray and Nora is waiting for the results. He will be in the hospital for a bit. She says they are all on edge and “trusting God”. Please continue the thoughts and prayers.
                                Update from his wife:

just got off the phone with the doctor, Tom is coming home today. It will be a long recovery. He will come home with oxygen tank to help with the recovery. This is tough but we are happy he is coming home… thank everyone for their prayers and encouragement.

Comment

Working...
                                X