No announcement yet.

The new COVID thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of my friends and co-worker is in the hospital with covid. This is today's update:

He did not have a good day. He tried to walk around and his oxygen level dropped dramatically and needed 8 liters of oxygen. Doc says his lungs are damaged and the goal right now is to break up the blood clot in his lungs. He had another x-ray and Nora is waiting for the results. He will be in the hospital for a bit. She says they are all on edge and “trusting God”. Please continue the thoughts and prayers.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      Huh? There's no financial component for vaccine makers? Talk about tunnel vision.
      You're correct, but at least the vaccine makers are producing something of value. I agree with Teenwolf that the swindlers are making bank AND not providing anything of value.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        One of my friends and co-worker is in the hospital with covid. This is today's update:

He did not have a good day. He tried to walk around and his oxygen level dropped dramatically and needed 8 liters of oxygen. Doc says his lungs are damaged and the goal right now is to break up the blood clot in his lungs. He had another x-ray and Nora is waiting for the results. He will be in the hospital for a bit. She says they are all on edge and “trusting God”. Please continue the thoughts and prayers.
        Sorry to hear that, hope he's able to have a full recovery.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          One of my friends and co-worker is in the hospital with covid. This is today's update:

Was he vaxxed?
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Huh? There's no financial component for vaccine makers? Talk about tunnel vision.
            I meant there's no financial conspiracy, which Nullnor seems to believe there is. Stop side-tracking the discussion with disingenuous quibbles.

Jackass.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
              I meant there's no financial conspiracy, which Nullnor seems to believe there is. Stop side-tracking the discussion with disingenuous quibbles.

Jackass.
              Why don't you believe there is a financial conspiracy? I'm not saying that there is a financial conspiracy, but the world is full of thieves at high levels of government and business, so it isn't that much of a reach to believe in one.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                Why don't you believe there is a financial conspiracy? I'm not saying that there is a financial conspiracy, but the world is full of thieves at high levels of government and business, so it isn't that much of a reach to believe in one.
                I understand that every single thing in thos capitalist world has a financial component.

I refuse to believe that all the scientific organizations around the world are conspiring against the health of their tax paying base. It wouldn't make sense financially to damage the large scale health of their citizens, nor would it make sense to do so on a multinational scale.

This is simplified, as I'm at work. But I hope I'm clear enough.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                  I understand that every single thing in thos capitalist world has a financial component.

I refuse to believe that all the scientific organizations around the world are conspiring against the health of their tax paying base. It wouldn't make sense financially to damage the large scale health of their citizens, nor would it make sense to do so on a multinational scale.

This is simplified, as I'm at work. But I hope I'm clear enough.
                  Devil's advocate. If the vax brought on illnesses in people, couldn't Big Pharma reap the financial benefits of then providing drugs to heal those same people? Or is that too conspiratorial and far-fetched?
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Devil's advocate. If the vax brought on illnesses in people, couldn't Big Pharma reap the financial benefits of then providing drugs to heal those same people? Or is that too conspiratorial and far-fetched?
                    "Big pharma" is an American concept. Public health and safety is a non-partisan issue everywhere else in the world because our health officials are accountable to the citizens it represents as public officials.

In Canada, we've had different provincial health care reps acting as public consultants in each province. Unlike the US, where Fauci has been villainized, up here its the opposite. In my province, Dr. Bonnie Henry is practically a folk hero.

I'm sure there are abuses of public trust and health for financial considerations in the US, such as the differences we see between red states and blue ones. But I think there's limited ability of the US to dictate public health restrictions that are being decided by the world, not just the US. That's why I largely follow public health guidelines without questioning financial motive. All my health care is free, so I don't view it skeptically.

Comment

The entire US healthcare system is a huge conspiracy for all to see. Doesn't mean you shouldn't make wise health care choices. Not getting healthcare seems like a poor choice
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        The entire US healthcare system is a huge conspiracy for all to see. Doesn't mean you shouldn't make wise health care choices. Not getting healthcare seems like a poor choice
                        Very well put. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          Right on!

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            Was he vaxxed?
                            Yes, but I do not know which brand.

Comment

• haven't had a drink in a week. it was a nice day. got a few things done before winter comes. old guy here has been complaining about not being able to watch the show pink slips, like back in the day. 2 years ago i got him the best TV antennae 150 mile radius. he's terminally ill with pernicious anemia and sort of mentally disabled. but i finally got him cable today. as an internet pirate, i always could've done anything for him. but he's not very good at navigating a light switch. surprisingly if you leave a tv on long enough it damages the TV. so i got him dish network. hopefully motortrend channel is good. and what a fucking ordeal getting cable was. verizon and comcast shot us down. apparently having a garage with a 200 amp service is still an unfinished dwelling. i could've got a Roku and used my hotspot, but he's not good at navigating menus. which would result in constant calls for me to show him what button to press. and then dish network wants your social security number and run a credit check. lol. so i had to fall off the wagon tonite after getting it done. i had a much better story about my day and perspective about the ordeal before i had to get drunk. and my poor cats, they are like dude, you're so close to getting your shit together.

Comment

• i don't really feel that physically healthy. it's either drinking, or just the process of cleaning up and feeling like shit. feels like cancer lol. just walking around is like a marathon. heart and chest feels tight. no health insurance, fuck it. can't stop smoking. aspirin keeps me going, heh. always had a pain in my side for years. i don't think there is an organ there though. hernia maybe. i don't really care what happens to me. i care about the cats though. that's the best thing about what happened to me the last 3 years. i never thought i could have another cat. it's funny how life works. while the last 2 years have been soul crushing, they've also been the best years of my life. herding cats is so difficult but i have them in a routine now. last night they were cuddled together cheek to cheek, and they made an outline of a perfect heart. i should've taken a picture.

this was a story in the dodo the other day. https://www.thedodo.com/daily-dodo/b...-ones-watching
                                The other day, Ibrahim was heading off to school in the city of Grozny, Chechnya, when he spotted a pair of stray dogs warming themselves in the morning sun. He could have easily just continued on his way, paying the dogs no mind.

But instead, he stopped to offer them a sweet embrace — which he gave freely, believing no one was watching.

Comment

Working...
                                X