No announcement yet.

The new COVID thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• from the beginning, no matter what we did, it would've happened anyways, it happens all the time. you can be liberal and be like the superhero Dr Strange. and go thru every single timeline and discover every particle is still a wave. or you can be conservative and deterministic and still get the same results and say it's gods will.

everything is ironic and contradictive. and only lifeforms born right now, in the universe will ever be able to confirm it naturally. everyone else will just have to say i can't actually see beginning because space had expanded. and that light or information will never reach me.

that is a major problem for the future. because we can't even figure it out now with scientific evidence- there was a beginning. all they will have to go on in philosophy. it's like God is so confident he even stacked the future against Himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      That's the general belief set, but there was a great opportunity to put together really good test sets for ivermectin alone and in combination with other treatments. As Bene noted, one prominent paper had major issues found with the dataset, and another large one didn't make it out of peer review since their raw data was lost. So what it exactly can and can not do is left to those often with axes to grind, one way or another.
      The problem is that without this massive study, which was retracted due to plagiarism and data manipulation (yikes), there is little to support the efficacy of ivermectin (hence the refusal of real doctors to prescribe and/or administer the drug to COVID patients). However, by the end of the year there should be more data, in particular coming out of Brazil where they are doing a large study. Good read on the topic here: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02081-w
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        not speaking for my employer or anything, either one way or the other. The reporting I heard (on npr, not internal) was that it can be helpful to rid patience of underlying conditions (what it's made for) that exacerbate the symptoms/results of covid due to those other conditions. If you don't have those conditions, it doesn't help your covid. It's not a covid cure by any means.
        My understanding is that ivermectin has performed well, perhaps to no one's surprise, in areas where there is high prevalence of intestinal worms. https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...ose-with-worms
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          My understanding is that ivermectin has performed well, perhaps to no one's surprise, in areas where there is high prevalence of intestinal worms. https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...ose-with-worms
          zactly.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I know I'm jumping into a snake pit just by commenting (again) on this stuff, but misinformation is a huge issue when it comes to COVID. Apparently there are those - they walk among us! - who prefer to disparage the experts on this topic and express information that contradicts said experts. So I'll say this: aspiration of the COVID shot is not best practice, hence why it'll be difficult to find anyone administering the shot who is willing to do that. That should be obvious by the fact that there are no major blood vessels in the deltoid, but it's also essentially universally held amongst those who are qualified to offer their opinion that aspiration is not best practice. So, no, you should not request that of your provider.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              That should be obvious by the fact that there are no major blood vessels in the deltoid, but it's also essentially universally held amongst those who are qualified to offer their opinion that aspiration is not best practice. So, no, you should not request that of your provider.
              It should be obvious that it is not universally held "fact" that aspiration is not the best practice, since there are entire western democratic countries that require it to be done. And again there doesnt seem to be any downside to it other than maybe a slightly sorer shoulder (which I did not experience myself). It is also obvious that many of the so called experts often are spreading misinformation themselves to the detriment of us all. The problem is that certain people and organizations, in the larger society as well as in these forums, act like they have a monopoly on valid information and that anyone who offers a different opinion is spreading misleading info and should be censored or "cancelled".

Comment

• my best post about this was months ago when I realized Pfizers antiviral drug was a 3cl protease inhibitor and Ivermectin is also one. it's a different molecular structure, but it does the same thing. it prevents the proteins from being chopped and blocks infection. but this still doesn't mean it works. you still have to metabolize it first. in another organ. yet, if Pfizers drug works alone, and doesn't need another drug to metabolize it, than Ivermectin shouldn't either.

it's all semantics. remember the Transformers 1986 cartoon movie. and Hot Rod said to the old guy something, and the old transformer said, 'you are living it'. because we will never know, until we see the real world example. Ivermectin might not just be a cheap drug that fights covid, it might fight HIV and cancer. it may be the safest, cheapest antiviral drug that ever existed.

yet that makes no fucking sense at all. Merck made no money off it. and seriously how can you invent one of the greatest drugs of all time, and make no money off it. so there is a great altruistic story in there somewhere. no matter what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                  It should be obvious that it is not universally held "fact" that aspiration is not the best practice, since there are entire western democratic countries that require it to be done. And again there doesnt seem to be any downside to it other than maybe a slightly sorer shoulder (which I did not experience myself). It is also obvious that many of the so called experts often are spreading misinformation themselves to the detriment of us all. The problem is that certain people and organizations, in the larger society as well as in these forums, act like they have a monopoly on valid information and that anyone who offers a different opinion is spreading misleading info and should be censored or "cancelled".
                  What did your doctor say about it when you asked him or her?

Comment

• it is true, there are no major blood vessels in the deltoid. to be honest, that was my first worry when organizing my thoughts. but your Lymph nodes are connected or something under your shoulder. I don't know, but it's an easy path to everything.

internal medicine ppl are great. if you ever have a question, that's the first place you go. they are pharmacists and doctors in the same hat. ..and when you get a tattoo, you are coloring your Lymph nodes. but no-one will see it and no-one can tell if it's bad. which is good for the tattoo industry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      What did your doctor say about it when you asked him or her?
                      I read different opinions on you tube, it ranged from, someone knew how to do it and called all the other technicians to watch. so they were excited to get something different. or some said they needed a different needle to do it. to some saying it makes no difference, to some saying if they do draw blood the vaccine will be wasted. which I think is common thought. for example, when giving my cat fluids in kidney disease I was supposed to dispose of the needle if I missed. which I never did. I never understood that. in fact, I forget the whole procedure. but I did break the rules, and it didn't hurt me. still, experience is better than theory.

a good reaction would be trying to learn about something new they never heard of.

it can actually get worse. if I get vaccinated I might even bring a magnet and test the vaccine. I would imagine that wouldn't go over very well. but we are really big on magnets in fly over country. when going to the scrap yard, and welding metal.

Comment

• the secret to life is, when you feed an animal, you always want to try to do it out of your hand. like when you hold a can of sheba under your cat before you dump it in the bowl, or even dry good. before you give it to them you should hold it in your hand briefly to eat.

of course I once tried to kiss a horse with no food in my mouth and it bit my lips, and I froze. fortunately I still have a mouth even though I think the horse scared me on purpose.

Comment

• “You are not a horse. You are not a cow. Seriously, y'all. Stop it.”.

is such an egregious misstep, can never be forgiven. this whole pandemic has caused irreparable harm to trust in our institutions. which is what pandemics do.

Comment

• I still say water purifiers at the workplace using UV light is giving ppl cataracts. but I have no science to back it up. so every time you get up to get a drink of water and talk about how sexy Rihanna is, you are slowly going blind.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                              I read different opinions on you tube, it ranged from, someone knew how to do it and called all the other technicians to watch. so they were excited to get something different. or some said they needed a different needle to do it. to some saying it makes no difference, to some saying if they do draw blood the vaccine will be wasted. which I think is common thought. for example, when giving my cat fluids in kidney disease I was supposed to dispose of the needle if I missed. which I never did. I never understood that. in fact, I forget the whole procedure. but I did break the rules, and it didn't hurt me. still, experience is better than theory.

a good reaction would be trying to learn about something new they never heard of.

it can actually get worse. if I get vaccinated I might even bring a magnet and test the vaccine. I would imagine that wouldn't go over very well. but we are really big on magnets in fly over country. when going to the scrap yard, and welding metal.

You must have misread I’ll give you another chance. Not “what did you watch on YouTube”, what did your doctor say about it???

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                                “You are not a horse. You are not a cow. Seriously, y'all. Stop it.”.

is such an egregious misstep, can never be forgiven. this whole pandemic has caused irreparable harm to trust in our institutions. which is what pandemics do.
                                Sadly what can never be forgiven is the garbage like your posts in this thread that spread misinformation. You aren’t a doctor. Listen to yours.

Comment

Working...
                                X