Miss Nevada - first transgender Miss USA Contestant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    How old are you??!! Even I do not say super hot chick anymore (except in the privacy of my own home and to my wife who takes it as a compliment boy is this a long sentence is it ok to use parenthesis inside of parenthesis).

Just so we are on the same page if it was politically correct to recognize ones sexual attractiveness I would agree with you.
    Come on Gregg, everyone knows the Hot Chick is Rob Schneider...
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Personally I would not recommend making statements like "I would consider myself very woke". It seems clear from everything you have stated in this thread that you are against woke culture. If that's your stance, while I don't agree with it, at least you could rationalize it and stay consistent. Walking this odd line of claiming to be woke while also expressing opinions that are very opposed to the social justice platforms that "woke" represents comes across as attempting to avoid criticism of your stance. It's a "yeah but..." defensive argument that doesn't play out well.

Not a direct comparison here, but to just give you an understanding of how your statements come across, it's akin to the "I can't be a racist because I have a black friend" argument. Or even "I don't see color".
      As I explained already. Do you say that someone who is woke has to be woke on every single issue?

Because i disagree with one particular issue, you conclude that I am against woke culture? That's a pretty bold leap.

You make it sound so simple, when it's a very complex subject that covers a very wide variety of issues. Why would you pigeonhole me as against woke culture for my opinion on one issue?
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        As I explained already. Do you say that someone who is woke has to be woke on every single issue?

Because i disagree with one particular issue, you conclude that I am against woke culture? That's a pretty bold leap.
        Depends on which issues you've yet to fully educate yourself about.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

You make it sound so simple, when it's a very complex subject that covers a very wide variety of issues. Why would you pigeonhole me as against woke culture for my opinion on one issue?
          What people think of me has very little to do with what I believe in or support.

If you were never woke and now are mostly woke and you are happy with that isn't that grand?

Comment

No there's no bold leap here, it's because of statements like this:

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            the woke people who will rain down a deluge of name-calling
            And like this:

My problem with the woke crowd is when they refuse to see another point of view and proceed to pile onto the person opposing their viewpoint
            And like this:

when someone dare disagree with the woke crowd on the site, there has been so very harsh retribution
            And like this:

EVERYTHING the woke crowd deems offensive, isn't offensive. But many fail to make the distinction between truly offensive and offending their point of view.
            And like this:

You can stop at a person who is born with a penis.
            And like this:

We have to allow a trans female to compete against females so their feelings aren't hurt
            (which to be fair to you, you edited later to make it less offensive)

I understand where you are coming from but my recommendation is that you not call yourself "woke".

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
              I love some of the dialogue in that movie:

Denise Richards: Why haven't they killed us?

Whatshisname: They want us alive.

Genius!

Or when the captain says he only has one rule, but then it's really 2 rules. Rule No. 1: Everyone fights, nobody quits. Rule No. 2: If you don't do your job, I'll kill you. Reminds me of the Spanish Inquisition.

In any event, I almost always stop and get sucked in on this movie when it's on.
              Lots of funny stuff that I did not appreciate when I first saw it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                Lots of funny stuff that I did not appreciate when I first saw it.
                I liked the movie better than the book, which almost never happens.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                  I agree, how does the brain bug looking like an anus translate to the page?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                    That might have something to do with the book being a sincere love letter to war or at least the concept that military service is a sacred duty that should define what it means to be a citizen. And the movie is a parody of that concept. Both were impactful to me for different reasons when I first experienced them. The book is more contemplative and sincere, and offers a window into its author's philosophies (which I do not agree with, but are still artfully expressed)). The movie really mocks the MIC and fascist, militaristic governance. It takes itself much less seriously, being a send up. I can certainly see why many don't like it, but the only part I didn't like is that dumb main character not hooking up with Dizzy .

But it is easy to see why a fan of the book would find the cheesy parody movie version of it off-putting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      That might have something to do with the book being a sincere love letter to war or at least the concept that military service is a sacred duty that should define what it means to be a citizen. And the movie is a parody of that concept. Both were impactful to me for different reasons when I first experienced them. The book is more contemplative and sincere, and offers a window into its author's philosophies (which I do not agree with, but are still artfully expressed)). The movie really mocks the MIC and fascist, militaristic governance. It takes itself much less seriously, being a send up. I can certainly see why many don't like it, but the only part I didn't like is that dumb main character not hooking up with Dizzy .

But it is easy to see why a fan of the book would find the cheesy parody movie version of it off-putting.
                      Well, the book was so over the top that I kind of thought the movie was just a natural and slightly overplayed extension of the book. Yeah, the parody beats the crap out of the original. And, yeah, Dizzy is smokin' hot. I'd drop Denise Richards like she was Brett Tomko if I had Dizzy in my life.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                        Depends on which issues you've yet to fully educate yourself about.
                        I'm pretty much educated on most issues. Comes with my line of work.
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          No there's no bold leap here, it's because of statements like this:

And like this:

And like this:

And like this:

And like this:

And like this:

(which to be fair to you, you edited later to make it less offensive)

I understand where you are coming from but my recommendation is that you not call yourself "woke".
                          Nah. I'm pretty WOKE. Like I said, I don't agree with everything the WOKE culture promotes. Do you?

Comment

Nah. I'm pretty WOKE. Like I said, I don't agree with everything the WOKE culture promotes. Do you?
                            So please specify what ideas of the woke culture you disagree with and why, you being as educated cuz your surrounded by all them books and stuff should make it pretty easy.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              So please specify what ideas of the woke culture you disagree with and why, you being as educated cuz your surrounded by all them books and stuff should make it pretty easy.
                              I provided an example in the thread that you created on wokeness.

I had no problem with the Dr. Seuss books being pulled because of their offensiveness. So I got that going for me!
                              Last edited by Mithrandir; 07-06-2021, 04:57 PM.

Comment

I provided an example in the thread that you created on wokeness.

I had no problem with the Dr. Seuss books being pulled because of their offensiveness. So I got that going for me!
                                Examples of what?

I asked for specific issue that you think are oversteps but the woke culture. You linked three articles about the same thing, trans athletes. One about csigender parents complaining, one about a transgirl suing Florida and another advocating for trans inclusion.

What are you trying to communicate, please use your own words as I'm obviously to dense to decipher your code.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X