Miss Nevada - first transgender Miss USA Contestant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    My favorite sport at the moment is American Ninja Warrior. Many of my favorite athletes are women in that sport, and I love that they all compete on the same course, taking turns, and they all support each other and train together. But recently, as the sport has evolved, to give women more of a chance to advance, the top women are guaranteed a spot in the next round, even if they do not beat the top men. If more women do beat the men, they, of course, move on, but at minimum, a certain number of women are allowed to make it. It seems fair to me, given the physical differences, although I think the advantages men have over women in that sport at relatively small. Do you think that is fair, or should those that move to the next round be based solely on who performs the best?

BTW, it is a great sport with lots of amazing athletes and seems populated by really good people, at least that is how they sell it. Everyone seems to support each other, even as they compete against each other.
    I watched a couple of episodes years ago, It's cool--But again, I don't like the special treatment idea. Let em compete or separate the competitions. Otherwise you're condescending the women.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      We see it differently--The ban treats a Trans Woman as a man and the Trans Man as a woman. They are either a man or a woman, The Trans qualifier will fade in time. In the future, think Starship Troopers, where men and women train, live and serve together. Gender bias will be a thing of the past. Or at least I can hope.
      Dammit, now you have me thinking of young, super hot Denise Richards, and that other hot chick that the male lead stupidly kept turning down cuz he was chasing Richards. That was annoying.

It is an interesting example, given that the source material for the movie is from an author that I imagine would strongly disagree with you on this, and just about everything else. He was turning in his grave at that movie, I'd bet. He was one of the greats, though.

Comment

I watched a couple of episodes years ago, It's cool--But again, I don't like the special treatment idea. Let em compete or separate the competitions. Otherwise you're condescending the women.
        IDK, that show is all about inclusivity. They highlight athletes with various backgrounds, disabilities, sexual identities. They focus on who the sport brings people together. For a long time, everyone competed as you suggest. I feel the decision to make sure a certain number of women move on was a tough one for them to make. But it allows me to see amazing performances from women deeper into the competition, so that is fun.

Comment

Allowing trans women to compete in athletics against biologically born women is wrong. I hope that eventually the numbers will be there for them to compete against each other, but to ignore their obvious advantages is just obtuse, no matter how one chooses to spin their argument.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Allowing trans women to compete in athletics against biologically born women is wrong. I hope that eventually the numbers will be there for them to compete against each other, but to ignore their obvious advantages is just obtuse, no matter how one chooses to spin their argument.
            I can't agree. If we are to accept these women as women we shouldn't shackle them with constraints of the patriarchal past.

I'm gonna make a great neighbor.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Dammit, my roommate was right...kinda. I still think she would have whooped his ass. He sucked .
              Yeah, no doubt. Went back and looked it up - actually, the guy beat Serena 6-1 and Venus 6-2 in succession, but it was earlier than I remembered ('98), so Serena was nowhere near at the dominant form she'd have later, but Venus was very strong at that time.

But, yeah, an ordinary college player...whoosh, he'd have had his male ego crushed.

The point about Navy Seals is a good one though. I have to think through this. Maybe I am being inconsistent in being for women being in military combat against men but against transwomen competing against those born women in less deadly combat sports. Is military combat more about training and weapon skills or physical strength and speed?
              Per your question, it's some of both on the military combat side. It took us long enough to learn the lesson that Israel taught the world almost 100 years ago - that women are more than capable of high-level combat and weapons skills. But even Israel's elite forces have a higher percentage of men than women.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I can't agree. If we are to accept these women as women we shouldn't shackle them with constraints of the patriarchal past.

I'm gonna make a great neighbor.
                Your arguments seem to suggest that we should do away with "men's" and "women's" sports altogether and just have one pooled competition. If not, why separate them into classes and how would you suggest it be separated - by choice?

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                  Your arguments seem to suggest that we should do away with "men's" and "women's" sports altogether and just have one pooled competition. If not, why separate them into classes and how would you suggest it be separated - by choice?
                  This was my next question as well. And while we are at it should we remove all discrimination? No age limits of any kind in sports? I'm going to dominate t-ball.
                  Last edited by Ken; 07-01-2021, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Dammit, now you have me thinking of young, super hot Denise Richards, and that other hot chick that the male lead stupidly kept turning down cuz he was chasing Richards. That was annoying.
                    How old are you??!! Even I do not say super hot chick anymore (except in the privacy of my own home and to my wife who takes it as a compliment boy is this a long sentence is it ok to use parenthesis inside of parenthesis).

Just so we are on the same page if it was politically correct to recognize ones sexual attractiveness I would agree with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      How old are you??!! Even I do not say super hot chick anymore (except in the privacy of my own home and to my wife who takes it as a compliment boy is this a long sentence is it ok to use parenthesis inside of parenthesis).

Just so we are on the same page if it was politically correct to recognize ones sexual attractiveness I would agree with you.
                      All I remember is that shower scene with the other girl (I looked her up, Dina Meyer, you can Google the scene and thank me later) where she was naked and looked perfect. And she was a guy's girl and adored him. He was a total moron to turn her down and keep chasing the girl who clearly friend zoned his ass.

ETA: Oh, and I'm pretty old .

Comment

• Here is a PG rated pic of her, but still do check out that full unedited shower scene shot and tell me if would have turned that down so you could stay pure only to be pen pals with a girl light years away from you that clearly thought you were like her brother. Oh, and you were highly likely to die before seeing her. In movie about space bugs, it was the most unrealistic thing in the whole movie.

ST.jpg
                        Last edited by Sour Masher; 07-01-2021, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          Here is a PG rated pic of her, but still do check out that full unedited shower scene shot and tell me if would have turned that down so you could stay pure only to be pen pals with a girl light years away from you that clearly thought you were like her brother. Oh, and you were highly likely to die before seeing her. In movie about space bugs, it was the most unrealistic thing in the whole movie.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1309[/ATTACH]
                          I love some of the dialogue in that movie:

Denise Richards: Why haven't they killed us?

Whatshisname: They want us alive.

Genius!

Or when the captain says he only has one rule, but then it's really 2 rules. Rule No. 1: Everyone fights, nobody quits. Rule No. 2: If you don't do your job, I'll kill you. Reminds me of the Spanish Inquisition.

In any event, I almost always stop and get sucked in on this movie when it's on.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                            how is "Miss anything" still a thing?
                            This.
                            “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                              That's not what I'm suggesting. Though co-ed leagues would be fun to watch.

I'm saying that once real equity is achieved there will be no "Trans" label With gender fluidity running the spectrum fitting people into groups will be left to the individual and how they identify.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                I'm going to dominate t-ball.
                                Well you are about their height...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X