Mark Cuban & the Dallas Mavericks pull the plug on the national anthem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Gregg, if you post one more good video, I'm gonna post Roseanne Barr's. Don't make me do it!
    I was actually at that double header.........
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

We would just be lost as a country without that proud tradition, lmao.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

This one is actually kind of touching:

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          We would just be lost as a country without that proud tradition, lmao.
          We would not be better either.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            We would not be better either.
            I think there is a good argument to be made that we actually would be.
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              I think there is a good argument to be made that we actually would be.
              An argument yes. A good one not so much.

If we want to heal as a nation we need some unity not exclusivity. The Whitney Houston that I posted was soon after 9 11 as it was just a little hope. On that day we were slightly better off than we were if it were missing.

Comment

If we want to heal as a nation we need some unity not exclusivity. The Whitney Houston that I posted was soon after 9 11 as it was just a little hope. On that day we were slightly better off than we were if it were missing.
                I disagree. I dont think playing the national anthem will do anything to heal what is wrong with our country
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I disagree. I dont think playing the national anthem will do anything to heal what is wrong with our country
                  I submit that Colin Kaepernick did more to heal what is wrong with our country than Whitney Houston did there. Cheap unity is not going to help us.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

The last baseball game I attended included a man screaming at some kids to take their hats off during the national anthem, in what was a very impressive display of unity and inclusion.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      The last baseball game I attended included a man screaming at some kids to take their hats off during the national anthem, in what was a very impressive display of unity and inclusion.
                      No that was a unfortunate display of fear covered up by anger.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                        I submit that Colin Kaepernick did more to heal what is wrong with our country than Whitney Houston did there. Cheap unity is not going to help us.
                        I do not think we need to choose one over the other. Maybe they were both good in their own right? The days following 9 11 were not cheap unity. That unity came at a very high cost.

Comment

I do not think we need to choose one over the other. Maybe they were both good in their own right? The days following 9 11 were not cheap unity. That unity came at a very high cost.
                          If you look at the results of that unity....it wasn't really that great
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

If you look at the results of that unity....it wasn't really that great
                            Although if you think the GWOT was a great success you may feel differently
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

After 9/11 we shared a common enemy.

Today that enemy is each other.

We are in a literal fight for the soul of America, what will define it and who will govern it.

There will be little to NO compromise. The lines are drawn and there will be a winner and a loser.

In the end, America will look very different.
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

You will recite these words! You will take your hat off! You will stand at attention - no sitting! You will not interrupt! You will place your hand on your heart!

Ahhhhh, freedom.

Comment

Working...
                                X