Former Guy Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
    Trump is being asked to testify at the impeachment hearing. I love this! What a great strategy by the Dems. IMO, Donnie just can't say no to being in the limelight. I'm sure he wants to testify, but if I'm his lawyer there is no way that happens.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/tru...trial-n1256751
    He's the best shot the Dems have of convicting him--he's Colonel Nathan R. Jessup just waiting to happen.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
      Trump is being asked to testify at the impeachment hearing. I love this! What a great strategy by the Dems. IMO, Donnie just can't say no to being in the limelight. I'm sure he wants to testify, but if I'm his lawyer there is no way that happens.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/tru...trial-n1256751
      His lawyer does not get a say in whether he testifies. He can take the 5th on the stand (or, I suppose, just engage in yet more obstruction by refusing to answer) but can be compelled to testify. Executive privilege likely does not exist in an impeachment hearing even when the executive is still in office. George W. Bush famously (at least in legal circles) tried to create privilege for cheatin' ex-Presidents by executive order in 2001 --- big shocker there, lol. Obama rescinded that bullshit order on day 1.

We know what to expect --- Trump and his band of criminals blocked over 100,000 pages of evidence in the Brett Kavanaugh hearings. This time around, though, we have a Senate who aren't partners in the coverup. I'm sure we'll get lots of claims of privilege by Trump lackeys but I expect the ultimate decision on whether to compel testimony or reach a resolution will sit with the current Senate. Good news for transparency. Bad news for the bad guys.

Edit: As a bonus, all of Trump's buddies who were involved in his treachery that he pardoned (yet another offense for which he should be impeached, imo) can no longer plead the 5th. Call 'em all up, Senator Schumer!

Edit 2: I guess the psychotic liars like Michael Flynn could actually take the 5th against their potential state level criminal offenses but not federal. Not 100% sure, actually.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Welp, I guess I take it back. Trump's JV squad of attorneys has sent a snarky letter saying Trump won't testify. There's probably not enough time to compel him, from what I know about the timeline. I imagine that the crooks would ignore any subpoena, regardless of legality.

Edit: Lawyers refer to the "purported impeachment" in their Twitter-esque correspondence. Perhaps someone should tell them the impeachment isn't purported, it's already been done in the House. Lol, how many clowns fit in this orange car?
        Last edited by Bene Futuis; 02-04-2021, 08:08 PM.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Investigation opened into Trump's attempt to overturn Georgia's election results including, perhaps most importantly, the damning phone call he made to the Georgia Sec. of State in which he pushed to "find" enough votes to overturn the will of the Georgia citizens. He should have been impeached for this egregious attempt at subverting our democracy in addition to all the rest.

Comment

Uh, is Trump's lawyer just winging it? Holy crap this is an absolute embarrassment. I mean, I thought the pleadings advanced by the Trump people in trying to steal the election were amateur, but wow....

Lmao:

Last edited by Bene Futuis; 02-09-2021, 03:47 PM.

Comment

I keep hearing argument based on the Federalist Papers --- maybe someone should break the bad news to them about that. Edit: He was also impeached both too quickly and not quickly enough, apparently. Edit 2: Also Trump being barred from holding public office, something specifically provided for in the Constitution, would be unconstitutional. Yeesh.

Edit 3: And of course there is a video of Trump saying that Obama should be impeached after leaving office for the things he said about the Affordable Care Act. There's always, always, always a tweet or a statement or a video. Always.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                You get what you pay for!
                Or, more accurately in Trump’s case, “you get what you stiff people on their invoices for.”

Comment

You guys, I’m beginning to think this Trump guy may have just been a conman. Anyone thinking the same?

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                    You guys, I’m beginning to think this Trump guy may have just been a conman. Anyone thinking the same?
                    he's just stalling until the real lawyer shows up (TN)
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                      he's just stalling until the real lawyer shows up (TN)
                      Ted Nugent is Trump's real lawyer?! Actually, he couldn't do any worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        Ted Nugent is Trump's real lawyer?! Actually, he couldn't do any worse.
                        Someone playing Ted Nugent as Trump's lawyer could make one heck of a good SNL skit.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Senate votes that the trial to impeach IS constitutional.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            Someone playing Ted Nugent as Trump's lawyer could make one heck of a good SNL skit.
                            It would be, though I don't know if anyone could do old Ted justice. To get someone with his motormouth, they would either have to get the guy who used to do the old Mico Machines commercials, a high level auctioneer, or bring back Dan Ackroyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              It would be, though I don't know if anyone could do old Ted justice. To get someone with his motormouth, they would either have to get the guy who used to do the old Mico Machines commercials, a high level auctioneer, or bring back Dan Ackroyd.
                              There's another option though. They could just use Ted Nugent. Do you really think he's smart enough to notice that he's being satirized?

Comment

Working...
                              X