No announcement yet.

Former Guy Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the GOP's obsession with Former Guy fading? In the Alabama GOP Primary for Senate, the congressman he endorsed, noted traitor Rep. Mo Brooks, has slid from first place at 40% late last year to 16% today. He's a distant third, and the Big Loser decided to withdraw his endorsement. Other candidates he endorsed have similarly not shown anything at the polls.

In addition, it's clear 2024 GOP presidential aspirants will not be cowed if TFG enters the race, and it's even possible the field could be quite crowded. Frankly, if he enters, he may not win. How awesome would that be if he enters and loses some primaries and then crows about "voter fraud" again?

It's also very possible that the fear of losing to say, DeathSantis or Pence, would cause him to not enter the race at all. As a betting man, I would take the side that he doesn't enter.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      How awesome would that be if he enters and loses some primaries and then crows about "voter fraud" again?
      *remembers 1/6/21*

not awesome

Comment

Is the GOP's obsession with Former Guy fading? In the Alabama GOP Primary for Senate, the congressman he endorsed, noted traitor Rep. Mo Brooks, has slid from first place at 40% late last year to third place and 16% today. He's a distant third, and the Big Loser decided to withdraw his endorsement. Other candidates he endorsed have similarly not shown anything at the polls.

In addition, it's clear 2024 GOP presidential aspirants will not be cowed if TFG enters the race, and it's even possible the field could be quite crowded. Frankly, if he enters, he may not win. How awesome would that be if he enters and loses some primaries and then crows about "voter fraud" again?

It's also very possible that the fear of losing to say, DeathSantis or Pence, would cause him to not enter the race at all. As a betting man, I would take the side that he doesn't enter.
        But if he doesn't enter the race, he'll be called a loser anyways so I fully expect him to run again. Remember, he could care less about the Republican Party, it's solely about him.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          But if he doesn't enter the race, he'll be called a loser anyways so I fully expect him to run again. Remember, he could care less about the Republican Party, it's solely about him.
          Plus, he has a built in strategy for losing that has proven too work for him--deny it happened. His dittoheads will believe it. So, if he wins, he wins, and if he loses, he still claims he won and his cult will believe him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            Plus, he has a built in strategy for losing that has proven too work for him--deny it happened. His dittoheads will believe it. So, if he wins, he wins, and if he loses, he still claims he won and his cult will believe him.
            Exactly.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

It's not just about ego - it's also about how much money he can grift. He's going to sit down and make his decision on whether or not to run based almost exclusively on which path will enable him to con more money out of his supporters.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                It's not just about ego - it's also about how much money he can grift. He's going to sit down and make his decision on whether or not to run based almost exclusively on which path will enable him to con more money out of his supporters.
                I can't imagine how not being POTUS would present a bigger gift. His only successful grift since losing was fighting the "stolen" election.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

I can't imagine how not being POTUS would present a bigger gift. His only successful grift since losing was fighting the "stolen" election.
                  right now he's soliciting money without being beholding to any sort of campaign finance law or reporting.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Trump the third party candidate...you heard it here first.
                    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                      Trump the third party candidate...you heard it here first.
                      I sure hope so. I am trying to figure out how this would not be a huge problem for the Republicans
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        I sure hope so. I am trying to figure out how this would not be a huge problem for the Republicans
                        That is why I don't see it happening. The GOP will ben over backwards for Trump if he threatened to run 3rd party. It would also be bad for his brand and I think he would lose a lot of support. It would guarantee a Dem victory.

Comment

• Mo Brooks said today, in retaliation, that TFG has been speaking to him for months trying to “rescind” the 2020 election:

Representative Mo Brooks, an Alabama Republican who was deeply involved in former President Donald J. Trump’s effort to use Congress to upend the 2020 election and stay in office, claimed on Wednesday that the former president had asked him repeatedly in the months since to illegally “rescind” the election, remove President Biden and force a new special election.

Mr. Brooks made the extraordinary charge as the two onetime allies were engaged in a bitter political feud, and it was not immediately clear how their falling out related to the accusation. But the account from the Alabama congressman, who played a central role in challenging electoral votes for Mr. Biden on Jan. 6, 2021, suggested that Mr. Trump has continued his efforts to overturn his defeat and be reinstated.

It marked the first time a lawmaker who was involved in Mr. Trump’s attempts to invalidate his election defeat has said that Mr. Trump asked for actions that, were they possible, would violate federal law.“

It’s amusing that these Trumptards keep up the charade until he’s no longer of use to them. Didn’t take Mo long to spill the beans.

Comment

Mo Brooks said today, in retaliation, that TFG has been speaking to him for months trying to “rescind” the 2020 election:

Representative Mo Brooks, an Alabama Republican who was deeply involved in former President Donald J. Trump’s effort to use Congress to upend the 2020 election and stay in office, claimed on Wednesday that the former president had asked him repeatedly in the months since to illegally “rescind” the election, remove President Biden and force a new special election.

Mr. Brooks made the extraordinary charge as the two onetime allies were engaged in a bitter political feud, and it was not immediately clear how their falling out related to the accusation. But the account from the Alabama congressman, who played a central role in challenging electoral votes for Mr. Biden on Jan. 6, 2021, suggested that Mr. Trump has continued his efforts to overturn his defeat and be reinstated.

It marked the first time a lawmaker who was involved in Mr. Trump’s attempts to invalidate his election defeat has said that Mr. Trump asked for actions that, were they possible, would violate federal law.“

It’s amusing that these Trumptards keep up the charade until he’s no longer of use to them. Didn’t take Mo long to spill the beans.
                            I still think this continues past 2024, at that point he'll demand a time machine be build so he and JFK Jr. can go back and regain their rightful presidency.

Comment

• Stable genius just filed a super stable lawsuit against Hillary Clinton and a host of others, alleging RICO violations and a conspiracy to make him look like he was in bed with Russia. Of course, there are still those of us who remember the GOP-led Senate investigation that found that Trump's people had regular contact with Russians and were extremely eager to exploit their relationship with the Russians and their hacks in order to gain power.

Edit: And keeping with his genius tradition, there is a misspelling right in the case caption.
                              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Smart guy that Roger Stone:
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X