• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
    I see what you did there!
    Damn, beat me to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      I would have NOT wanted to be the guy who had to piece that one together on the other end.

Seriously, everything you post about the former wanna be despot is true and horrible and outrage inducing. I've tried to back away from thinking too much about him and what he did now, though. It was really unhealthy for me when he was POTUS. It ate at me unlike anything else in politics ever. The sad reality is no matter how obviously vile he is and how horrific his actions were as POTUS, he won't be brought to task for any of this (not really), so continuing to think about just how much wrong he did will just enrage me about how cowardly and self-serving the rest of the politicians in this country are. On that note, as a former Kentucky resident, I never thought I'd applaud Mitch for anything, but good for him for doing the most basic thing a politician should do--state the patently obvious reality of what happened in the 2020 election and on Jan 6th. The idea that the bar is now so low that Mitch is clearing it while far too many of his colleagues are not--scary times.
      This, 100%.

Even calling him "TFG" as if the name cannot be spoken aloud, gives him so much more power than necessary, akin to a God. Doesn't sit well with me, although I know it's just a running joke here.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        gives him so much more power than necessary, akin to a God
        Lmao, c'mon now.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          I would have NOT wanted to be the guy who had to piece that one together on the other end.

Seriously, everything you post about the former wanna be despot is true and horrible and outrage inducing. I've tried to back away from thinking too much about him and what he did now, though. It was really unhealthy for me when he was POTUS. It ate at me unlike anything else in politics ever. The sad reality is no matter how obviously vile he is and how horrific his actions were as POTUS, he won't be brought to task for any of this (not really), so continuing to think about just how much wrong he did will just enrage me about how cowardly and self-serving the rest of the politicians in this country are. On that note, as a former Kentucky resident, I never thought I'd applaud Mitch for anything, but good for him for doing the most basic thing a politician should do--state the patently obvious reality of what happened in the 2020 election and on Jan 6th. The idea that the bar is now so low that Mitch is clearing it while far too many of his colleagues are not--scary times.
          There is approximately a negative 300% chance that he will be brought to task. It's important to have this inquiry into 1/6 and all that, but 75 million people believe Trump is the greatest statesman in the history of the world and they believe this is the witchiest of witch hunts. Even hard evidence is seen as opinion or fake news or media smear tactics. So it is important to get the information out there, but I can't imagine there is anyone who is really undecided on how they feel about Trump. And nothing uncovered is going to change that. And any attempts to actually arrest Trump or dole out some legitimate punishment will not go well. Again, I'm not saying that it's not worth investigating all of this, but having some hope that the end of this sees Trump in a jail cell is delusional. Shit, he'll probably announce next week that he is running again in 2024 and be met by a chorus of cheers from his adoring fans.

How's that for rose-colored glasses?

Comment

• The rats continue to jump from the sinking ship:

Mazars, Donald Trump's long-time accounting firm, informed the Trump Organization last week that it should no longer rely on nearly 10 years' worth of financial statements and that they would no longer be their accountants, citing a conflict of interest.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              Lmao, c'mon now.
              yeah, he's not voldomort of something, cripes, he's like the court jester who you can't be bothered trying to remember the name of.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                yeah, he's not voldomort of something, cripes, he's like the court jester who you can't be bothered trying to remember the name of.
                It's actually a way of disempowering him. No different than when GOPers purposely mispronounced Kamala Harris's name. Or when TFG uses crafty nicknames for his political enemies.

This professor said it best:
                “Names have power, so when you take people’s names away, or when you intentionally get them wrong, it does serve to disempower them,” Nicole Holliday, an assistant professor of sociolinguistics at the University of Pennsylvania, said to the San Francisco Chronicle.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  It's actually a way of disempowering him. No different than when GOPers purposely mispronounced Kamala Harris's name. Or when TFG uses crafty nicknames for his political enemies.

This professor said it best:
                  “Names have power, so when you take people’s names away, or when you intentionally get them wrong, it does serve to disempower them,” Nicole Holliday, an assistant professor of sociolinguistics at the University of Pennsylvania, said to the San Francisco Chronicle.
                  Please tell me you meant for crafty to be incredibly sarcastic. Trump has the absolute worst and most unoriginal nicknames. Everyone is either "Lying/Crooked", "Little" or "Wacky/Crazy"

Comment

Please tell me you meant for crafty to be incredibly sarcastic. Trump has the absolute worst and most unoriginal nicknames. Everyone is either "Lying/Crooked", "Little" or "Wacky/Crazy"
                    Wacky umjewman gives Donald no credit. Sad !!!
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      Wacky umjewman gives Donald no credit. Sad !!!
                      Crafty response there, Johnny Dickshot!
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                        Crafty response there, Johnny Dickshot!
                        I would have paid money to see Trump call someone, anyone “Johnny Dickshot” during his presidency.

Comment

I would have paid money to see Trump call someone, anyone “Johnny Dickshot” during his presidency.
                          Johnny Dickshot will not abide that disrespect, I can assure you
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Maybe he didn't because Dickshort was too close to home?
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              Johnny Dickshot will not abide that disrespect, I can assure you
                              Don’t you mean Little Johnny Dickshot?

Also, if Steve is watching, Johnny Dickshot has undoubtedly signed up for an account moments ago.

Comment

• Worst President of all time is currently selling NFTs of pictures taken by the official White House photographer online, because the grift never ever ends. Worst First Lady of all time is selling her fucking used clothes online, because the grift never ends. And as icing on the con cake, the dead-eyed former gal is under investigation for attempting to charge people $50,000 for "high tea" to benefit a charity that doesn't exist.

Edit: Sigh. Melania's first NFT sale was purchased by......herself. This practice is verboten, but NFTs are unregulated so I guess it's just fine. Just the worst, scummy people.
                                Last edited by Bene Futuis; 02-17-2022, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X