No announcement yet.

Covid Vaccine thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i still think someday cats will rule over all mankind. at least i think cats think it. they think they have a secret weapon in Toxoplasmosis. over 50% of humans are infected with it. cats use it to infect and catch mice.
    Toxoplasmosis is an infection caused by a single-celled protozoan parasite called Toxoplasma gondii, which usually affects warm-blooded animals, including humans. The infection is most commonly acquired from contact with cats and their feces or with raw or undercooked meat.
    that pharma bro dude Martin Shkreli. tried to patent it.

he was smart. he figured there would be a disease that came along like Toxoplasmosis, and everyone would have a weak immune system someday and he would get rich off it.

yet, Toxoplasmosis is a protozoan of love and risk. it's a capitalist's utopia. Ivermectin. that shit would stop it. but unless you are pregnant or HIV positive, or immune deficient or a mouse, you want to be infected with Toxoplasmosis. because it makes you take risks.

Comment

• you get an A grade for the day if you realize i said you are sometimes literally being controlled by microbes.

Comment

• getting Brownie to jump in the camper in the morning instead of spending all day outside under a wood pile in temperatures under 30F or 0C is much harder than getting nullnor vaccinated. herding cats is like inventing a working quantum computer.

Comment

• with all the small dangers and potential pitfalls, vaccines are going to emerge superior. when they don't work, you'll never hear about it. it's a version of assimilation. yes there may be stronger Neanderthals, but they don't have the numbers to win the game of evolution. they have biology and raw survival, but they are not as adept at communication and conformity.

Neanderthals made their last stand 30,000 years ago in a cave in Gibraltar.
          Neanderthals’ Last Stand Is Traced
          https://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/13/s...anderthal.html
          An international team of scientists thinks it has solved the ultimate mystery of the Neanderthals: where and when they made their last stand before extinction.

Comment

• my RV is the battlestar galactica. and i tell my crew, there is a place with no fisher cats, and no coyotes. where we can live and not be afraid. i told them it's a planet called Earth. and i know where it is.

Comment

• London
              By William Blake
              I wander thro' each charter'd street,
              Near where the charter'd Thames does flow.
              And mark in every face I meet
              Marks of weakness, marks of woe.

In every cry of every Man,
              In every Infants cry of fear,
              In every voice: in every ban,
              The mind-forg'd manacles I hear

How the Chimney-sweepers cry
              Every blackning Church appalls,
              And the hapless Soldiers sigh
              Runs in blood down Palace walls

But most thro' midnight streets I hear
              How the youthful Harlots curse
              Blasts the new-born Infants tear
              And blights with plagues the Marriage hearse

Comment

• our pathetic struggle against this virus is nothing compared to what's going on in the world around us.

Comment

• i cooked Christmas dinner for the old guy and i was trying to hurray to cook some and drive 40 miles to my mum. she's 85 and fading. i think she went downhill after the vaccine but i don't know. she asked me questions, which she never did before. like what TV shows i watched. she asked me if i had bad dreams. but i hadn't had any bad dreams about her in a while. i told her i dream that i can fly. i can. but i fly like shit. i had recently tried to hold a train while flying and could barely do it.

the only bad dreams are when you lose a cat and are looking for it. you know dreams where you can't find something.

i also have nightmares about being layed off from work from a big cozy company. too bad our country outsources so much. not that i was always into protectionism. but that is the answer.

there is a reason why the world allows us to spend like drunken sailors, because we protect them with our blood. but really, they are just handing us the rope.

Comment

• being able to communicate with animals is just as much a curse as it is a blessing. it's all about expectations. if you tell an animal they are stupid they act stupid. if you tell them they are smart they act smart. all they want to be is what they think you want them to be.

Comment

• let's be honest, you guys don't give a flying fuck about what anyone has to say. you don't have the time, and no-one else does either. this is the world now; no-one gives a shit. we pretend like we do. and i'm cool with that. i'm as cool as Vermont, Maine, or Canada, or Alaska. because that's where i'm going. and everyone can fuck right off while i sit in my cabin and enjoy life.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                        let's be honest, you guys don't give a flying fuck about what anyone has to say.
                        Anyone? Nah, that's not true.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                          let's be honest, you guys don't give a flying fuck about what anyone has to say. you don't have the time, and no-one else does either. this is the world now; no-one gives a shit. we pretend like we do. and i'm cool with that. i'm as cool as Vermont, Maine, or Canada, or Alaska. because that's where i'm going. and everyone can fuck right off while i sit in my cabin and enjoy life.
                          Happy drunks are more fun than angry drunks.

I was reading most all of your recent posts and was thinking about how to respond. Then I read this one and now I don't feel like it. It is not because I do not care.

I can tell you from my walking around life if can be difficult and challenging to care about someone who is hellbent on self destruction.

Comment

• Man, I hate to think of what I'd have gotten if I didn't ask for concision! But you did answer my question, so thanks. You believe your innate immune system is exceptionally strong and you believe that COVID vaccination might circumvent that and put you are greater long term risk as the virus mutates, because it would train your body to fight the virus differently and less effectively than it would without vaccination. Do I have that right? I don't know any of the potential science behind those claims, but I am glad to know you have a history of being able to fight disease effectively. I hope if/when you get COVID, it is a mild case and it passes quickly. Statistically, even if you were average instead of exception, you would be likely to come through it without too much difficulty, but I still don't understand the case against vaccination for you, because I don't understand at all the idea that vaccination would potentially make you more prone to severe infection from future iterations of the virus.

That is the first I have heard anyone make that claim. Having now seen it, I have started poking around and see that this concern has come up before and the consensus seems to have refuted this concern in relation to older vaccinations, but that there is still debate about mRNA vaccinations, so that is interesting. It seems as though more study needs to happen on this issue, but given what we know about previous vaccinations, and how many lives were saved by the quick roll out of the COVID vaccinations, unless you think the virus will mutate to more deadly forms going forward and that it will do so faster than new vaccines can be made, and that vaccination will actually make people more likely to get sick and die, then the decision to move forward with COVID vaccinations was the right one to make for society and for the individuals in it. I think you have said several times you think Omicron is the beginning of the end of serious infection and massive amounts of deaths. If that is true, the vaccination efforts have saved millions of lives and barring further mutations that make the vaccines ineffective and also are somehow more deadly to the vaccinated (which I don't think has ever occurred for any vaccine before), it was clearly a great thing for people to get.

It seems extremely unlikely to me that you are safer being unvaxxed than if you had been vaxxed, but again, I hope you are right about how your innate immune system would handle getting COVID.

Comment

• yeah i'm sorry for getting drunk and just letting my opinion rip away. this whole transition from a very liberal safe life to a conservative RV one has been weird. oh well. I do think the vaccines were a good thing and saved lives. also, funny thing about the innate immunity debate, it was only discovered in 1960, and even today, they doubt it exists. it's really like one day I woke up and I was in another universe. like a tornado lifted up my house and brought me to the land of oz, but I never really left, I was here the whole time. I just never knew it.

if they say you are fully vaccinated after 2 doses, and then say it's 3 doses, and than 4, how can you not say it's an experiment.

my greater struggle is when I review more and more examples in my life, I truly never realized how fucked up everyone in the world was. I am not sure there is a normal to return to. for example, I think it was India, but some dogs killed a baby monkey, so a group of monkeys started dropping stray dogs from rooftops out of revenge. primitively, this is who we are as a species. that's our backbone even though Jane Goodall tried to prove otherwise. except for taking care of my pets, I've completely lost my direction in life.

Comment

• Geert Vanden Bossche is almost way too wordy to follow. https://www.voiceforscienceandsolida...super-immunity
                                Question:
                                Is there any scientific literature that describes how the vaccines suppress innate immunity? There are many who think that the vaccine is an additional protection and does not interfere with innate antibodies. They would say that innate immunity + vaccine = super immunity. Why is this a mistake?
                                "Although innate antibodies were discovered in the early 1960s, their potential in combating diseases in the infantile period has still not been recognized by the medical community. On the contrary, innate Ab have been denied and regarded as contradictive with established immunological dogmas"...

thus, i created a strawman argument. i think that is what they call it, because science doesn't even believe in innate immunity, yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X