No announcement yet.

Covid Vaccine thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The local news said that Positivity rate in Illinois is 5.6%.

Comment

• IMO, the media has not been great about talking about the Omicron spread. They have played up more that the strain doesn't seem as potent. Unfortunately, I think a lot of people are going to ignore that this spreads at about 10x the rate of the other variations. We just keep spinning on the wheel because some people care only about themselves.
      "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
      - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
      - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        The local news said that Positivity rate in Illinois is 5.6%.
        Positivity rate in now 6.5%. In the last 24 hours over 10K new cases and 53 deaths in Illinois.

Comment

• Que Queen

Ericksen, who served in the Legislature for more than two decades, said last month that he tested positive for the coronavirus, although his cause of death was not immediately confirmed on Saturday.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Ivermectin prophylaxis used for COVID-19 reduces COVID-19 infection and mortality rates: A 220,517-subject, populational-level retrospective citywide
            https://www.researchgate.net/publica...ctive_citywide
            The hypothesis that ivermectin could be protective against COVID-19 is substantiated by its multi-pathway, anti-inflammatory effect, and multi-antiviral effect.

Major risk factors for severe COVID-19 and mortality due to COVID-19, including aging, diabetes, and hypertension, were also prevalent among ivermectin users

This study data demonstrates that the use of preventive ivermectin significantly lowers the infection rate, ands benefits outweigh the supposed increased risk of changes in social behaviours. Hence, we can speculate that the prophylactic use of ivermectin could play an important role in the reduction of the pandemic burden.
            the evidence was always there. it was obvious. and even now we can't get out of our own way.
            Additional actions of ivermectin described include agonism activity to the X-LBD binding receptor (FXR), with multiple potential metabolic benefits; neuronal regeneration, prevention of muscle hypoxia, anti-inflammatory activity to Interferon (INF), nuclear factor-κB (NF-κB), lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and JAK-STAT pathway, PAI-116; generation of P21 activated Kinase 1 (PAK-1); reduction of Interleukin-6 (IL-6) levels; allosteric modulation of P2X4 receptor; inhibition of high mobility group box 1 (HMGB1); suppression of mucus hypersecretion, diminished recruitment of immune cells and production of cytokines in the lung. ivermectin is also described to induce Th1-type immune response against protozoans, and anti-coagulant action through binding to the S protein of some viruses.

Comment

• https://www.wellerectile.com/product...care-combo-kit. $55
              Viral Care Combo Kit contains.

IVERMECTIN 12mg (10 Tablet)
              VITAMIN C + ZINC 100mg (20 Tablet)
              ACETAMINOPHEN 500mg (10 Tablet)
              AZITHROMYCIN 500mg (10 Tablet)
              FLUVOXAMINE 50mg (10 Tablet)

Comment

• off topic. last night during the TB game I realized the cat recognizes santa clause. they showed a guy dressed in the stands, you know when cats look at something they recognize, so she starts looking at the TV like hey, I know that guy.

Comment

• Type 2 diabetes -yes
                  ivermectin -151 patients 11 (7.3%) died
                  non-ivermectin- 63 patients 16 (25.4%) died (small sample but wow, 25% mortality rate)

Type 2 diabetes- no
                  ivermectin- 4160 patients 51 (1.2%) died
                  non-ivermectin- 2971 patients 63 (2.0%) died

Hypertension- yes
                  ivermectin- 362/ 19 (5.2%)
                  non-ivermectin- 166/ 28 (16.9%) (17% mortality rate)

Hypertension- no
                  3949/43 (1.1%)
                  2868/ 51 (1.8%)

Baseline Characteristics of Subjects Enrolled in Study.
                  Overall > 50 y/o 1912 (26.0%)
                  ivermectin 1304 (30.3%) 68.2%
                  non-ivermectin 608 (20.0%) 31.8%

the ivermectin group had more older and more comorbidities in their group yet overall hospitalization was reduced by 42% and deaths by 45%

ps. I am not drunk. i'm going to bed. night. peace

Comment

• one more thing, i'd be careful with fluvoxamine (a potential repurposed covid darling of the left) or any anti-depressant for that matter. I know from experience that mirtazapine when used off label as an appetite stimulant for cats in end stage renal failure, can really amp (zap) up their blood pressure and cause fatalities. I wouldn't use it for that, and the pills are really small so it's easy to overdose.

Comment

• "Doing nothing is very hard to do... you never know when you are finished."

-Leslie Neilsen
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• well I stayed up all night sober reading covid shit. so that paper hasn't been accepted by peer review yet. the only glaring thing I noticed is where the graph said the non-ivermectin group had a higher chance of hospitalization before infection.

so I made a lot of questionable rounds. apparently there is a new natural drug Tollovir, which looks like a scam. I don't goto trail site news much, obviously I can guess what type of site it is. that one costs like $400 for 5 days. interesting explanation describing protease inhibitors. and it occurred to me, the best way to tell a grift is when the grifters expose each other while fighting for market share.

came across this paper but haven't had time yet to really go over it. so here's some more so-called misinformation for you that twitter can ban and label us thought criminals. Why are we vaccinating children against COVID-19? https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...00161X#bib0030
                        Received 16 July 2021, Revised 11 August 2021, Accepted 29 August 2021, Available online 14 September 2021. so this was accepted after peer review. it's pretty brutal. there's an accompanying Op-ed https://trialsitenews.com/the-costs-...fits/#comments

I don't really know that site but my first impressions are I don't like it after I saw it allowing a member to pump Tollovir like an advertisement. it obviously it goes against common sense to say something natural can be more concentrated. I guess we'll see if this becomes the new ivermectin darling of the right.
                        Last edited by ; 12-21-2021, 03:19 AM.

Comment

• Even Trump had a booster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            Even Trump had a booster.
                            And the crowd apparently booed him for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                              And the crowd apparently booed him for it.
                              More evidence that Trump is a symptom of the disease, not the disease itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                More evidence that Trump is a symptom of the disease, not the disease itself.
                                More evidence that Trump doesn't really believe the bullshit that he feeds to his crowd. Trump is really thinking "You suckers and losers don't need your shot. But, i'm making damn sure that i get mine because my life is more valuable than yours."
                                Last edited by madducks; 12-21-2021, 11:28 AM.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X