Covid Vaccine thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    My 36 year old Step-daughter keeps refusing the vax as she has taken on this "Government and Big Pharma are evil and the vax is experimental" line of thinking.

Her main reason for not trusting the Government and Big Pharma has been the failure of the government to research and use the medicinal qualities of marijuana, thus allowing Big Pharma to maintain the stranglehold on prescription drugs. On this I agree and it angers me that marijuana has not been researched enough to use medicinally to benefit millions.

She keeps saying that she is not putting this vax in her healthy body.
    Am I reading the implication correctly that she's perfectly willing to put marijuana in her healthy body?
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• I feel sorry for you guys. I would be super pissed if my wife was hesitant about vaccinating my child.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

My 36 year old Step-daughter keeps refusing the vax as she has taken on this "Government and Big Pharma are evil and the vax is experimental" line of thinking.

Her main reason for not trusting the Government and Big Pharma has been the failure of the government to research and use the medicinal qualities of marijuana, thus allowing Big Pharma to maintain the stranglehold on prescription drugs. On this I agree and it angers me that marijuana has not been researched enough to use medicinally to benefit millions.

She keeps saying that she is not putting this vax in her healthy body.
        What about all the other vaccines that were put into her body?

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          Am I reading the implication correctly that she's perfectly willing to put marijuana in her healthy body?
          Yes she is as it helps with her medical issues. She has a Masters degree from Univ of MD in Medical marijuana and knows pretty much everything about Cannabis.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            What about all the other vaccines that were put into her body?
            "Those were researched and not just pushed on the public so quickly", is her go to line.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

"Those were researched and not just pushed on the public so quickly", is her go to line.
              How many MORE billions of doses need to be administered before its considered safe? Very poor argument.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                How many MORE billions of doses need to be administered before its considered safe? Very poor argument.
                Yeah, that was my next question.

Only 8.6 BILLION shots have been administered worldwide. Gimme a break with that nonsense already.

Somewhat strangely, the country that leads the world in Doses Administered per Person is.......Cuba! 256 doses per 100 people.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Yeah, that was my next question.

Only 8.6 BILLION shots have been administered worldwide. Gimme a break with that nonsense already.

Somewhat strangely, the country that leads the world in Doses Administered per Person is.......Cuba! 256 doses per 100 people.
                  It is nonsense!!!

Comment

Yes she is as it helps with her medical issues. She has a Masters degree from Univ of MD in Medical marijuana and knows pretty much everything about Cannabis.
                    Interesting. Cannabis certainly has high capability for medical use, but it also comes with notable side effects and risks, some extremely serious. And those serious side effects and risks occur at a far greater rate than do the serious side effects of the COVID vaccine. While she is correct that the US has not done much research in that area, there's a lot of research from Canada and Australia that's highly regarded.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      Interesting. Cannabis certainly has high capability for medical use, but it also comes with notable side effects and risks, some extremely serious. And those serious side effects and risks occur at a far greater rate than do the serious side effects of the COVID vaccine. While she is correct that the US has not done much research in that area, there's a lot of research from Canada and Australia that's highly regarded.
                      Well, as a Canadian who's participated in ongoing copious research on the subject, I've not come across these serious side effects. Any that concern you specifically?

The one I've heard that's most concerning is the link to bringing out schizophrenia in younger people, but I think it's happening for those who have a genetic disorder being brought out prematurely rather than something that just breaks a normal person. Impairment is negligible compared to alcohol, more akin to texting while driving depending on level of impairment.

I've also had about a dozen or so "whitey" incidents, where I held my breath too long and passed out and convulsed. That's scary and not fun, but preventable if you're not a dumbass like me. Also unlikely to be fatal unless you fall onto something sharp, or from a height.

Okay, I admit weed is more dangerous than a vaccine, but both carry struck-by-lightning odds of causing even a severe reaction, let alone death.
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                        Well, as a Canadian who's participated in ongoing copious research on the subject, I've not come across these serious side effects. Any that concern you specifically?

The one I've heard that's most concerning is the link to bringing out schizophrenia in younger people, but I think it's happening for those who have a genetic disorder being brought out prematurely rather than something that just breaks a normal person. Impairment is negligible compared to alcohol, more akin to texting while driving depending on level of impairment.

I've also had about a dozen or so "whitey" incidents, where I held my breath too long and passed out and convulsed. That's scary and not fun, but preventable if you're not a dumbass like me. Also unlikely to be fatal unless you fall onto something sharp, or from a height.

Okay, I admit weed is more dangerous than a vaccine, but both carry struck-by-lightning odds of causing even a severe reaction, let alone death.
                        The higher incidence of schizophrenia has been shown in both Canadian and UN/Italian studies. Their numbers differ, but it certainly appears to be a real issue and even at the lower rates the Canadian reports show, it's still way higher than COVID vaccine significant negative reactions. McMaster is looking hard at genetic anomalies and brain mapping to try and understand the why and address it, but it's a real issue, and it sure looks like more than struck-by-lightning odds to me. I favor the UN/Italian study, but am admittedly biased since one of the researchers (Di Marti) is the daughter of an old friend of mine. Yahan and Rasche did extensive study on lung impacts when smoked, and disproved the common belief that in other than excessive and long-term weed smoking that cannabis and lung cancer were linked. However; their studies did show a significant increase in bronchitis even among modest users.

You've hit on the (yes, pun intended) other major risk factor, and that's that weed is just a heck of a lot easier to misuse than a vaccine.

Glad it's been helpful for you. I have a brother-in-law who's now in clinical research after self-medicating for years, and he's doing much better.

Comment

• I got my Pfizer booster this morning at 10:00.

So far feeling fine. A little tender arm but no big deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            I got my Pfizer booster this morning at 10:00.

So far feeling fine. A little tender arm but no big deal.
                            I got mine at 5pm last month...arm was sore by 9 and then I felt like absolute hell all the next day, so hours 4-36 were rough. Round 2, it was hours 8-24.

Comment

• I was fine with my Pfizer booster. Arm was a little sore, but I didn't really feel too bad.

My wife got hers yesterday and her arm is sore but not awful. My sister-in-law got totally slammed by it...she feels awful, nauseous, exhausted, the works.

Comment

• Got boosted on Wednesday afternoon. Sore arm started a few hours later. Feeling fine and no other issues!

A little nugget to share with people from the New York Times: "Some basic arithmetic makes the point: Imagine that the risk of death is 30 percent lower from an Omicron case than a Delta case — but that Omicron leads to a tenfold increase in cases. This combination would lead to a substantial increase in deaths. “It’s bad number times a decent number, and you end up with a bad number,” Wachter said.
                                "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                                - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                                - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Working...
                                X