Covid Vaccine thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Her parents were called into the hopital today and told that her lungs were completely shot and that she will never go home, she is there to die it is just a matter of time.
    That is terrible. So sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Her parents were called into the hopital today and told that her lungs were completely shot and that she will never go home, she is there to die it is just a matter of time.
      Sorry to hear this Ken. It's both sad and frustrating because the vaccine could have lessened the severity.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Ken, I'm so sorry. I cannot imagine the grief your family is feeling.
        "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• How awful. So sorry for your family, Ken.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Ugh. Really sorry to hear this, Ken.

Comment

• The 2021 WSOP this October will require proof of vaccination to participate.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                The 2021 WSOP this October will require proof of vaccination to participate.
                Did you qualify?
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  Did you qualify?
                  Arriving in Oct to play the $600 deepstack bracelet event on the 4th.

No need to qualify for the bracelet events, you can buy straight in--or they have satellites every day to run your money up...

And I am vaxxed so, as long as I don't drink TOO much....

BTW they wanted to allow non vaccinated to play, but the caveat was too difficult to enforce--They said--the Unvaxxed could play BUT if they were found to be SITTING at a table with anyone testing positive that day or the prior day--they would be DQd from the tourney--no refund, no matter if you were first in chips or last. THAT would have been a disaster--Just requiring the Vax is far easier to enforce and though they'll deal with dome bitching--it'll be nothing compared to the shit storm they'd be dealing with if they DQs a big stack deep into the tourney.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• ProFootballTalk reports the NFLPA has opened an investigation into the Jaguars over coach Urban Meyer's comments on the vaccination status of players.

PFT did not clarify the exact nature of the investigation but it can be added to the long list of controversies that have plagued Meyer's initial months in Jacksonville. Meyer admitted that the Jaguars' decision-makers considered a player's vaccination status when choosing who to cut to reach their final roster. This makes sense from a strategic standpoint. Players who aren't vaccinated are more likely to miss time and run the risk of taking other players out with them. However, the collective bargaining agreement prohibits teams from using vaccination status as a factor in employment decisions. Given how forthcoming Meyer was with this information, he stands little chance of getting out of this mess without some form of punishment.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      ProFootballTalk reports the NFLPA has opened an investigation into the Jaguars over coach Urban Meyer's comments on the vaccination status of players.

PFT did not clarify the exact nature of the investigation but it can be added to the long list of controversies that have plagued Meyer's initial months in Jacksonville. Meyer admitted that the Jaguars' decision-makers considered a player's vaccination status when choosing who to cut to reach their final roster. This makes sense from a strategic standpoint. Players who aren't vaccinated are more likely to miss time and run the risk of taking other players out with them. However, the collective bargaining agreement prohibits teams from using vaccination status as a factor in employment decisions. Given how forthcoming Meyer was with this information, he stands little chance of getting out of this mess without some form of punishment.
                      Good for him. Why take a chance on a marginal, unvaxxed player who can potentially cause a forfeit?

Comment

• Add the Nats VP and former MLB catcher Bob Boone to the list of people willing to end their careers over the vaccine:

At least the son is smarter than the dad....
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          Add the Nats VP and former MLB catcher Bob Boone to the list of people willing to end their careers over the vaccine:

At least the son is smarter than the dad....
                          Al Leiter and John Smoltz are also non vaxxers and must now do Thier mlb.tv segments from home

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• @Britt_Ghiroli
                            Only full vaccinated staff will be considered for work at offseason events or games and activities during the 2022 season. Orioles also say all new hires are required to be vaccinated as a condition of employment.

Quote Tweet
                            @Britt_Ghiroli

As of Monday, the Orioles also are requiring vaccinations of all full-time and year-round PT employees, according to an email obtained by the Athletic. The deadline is Oct 31 to remain employed by the club.
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Ghiroli has an article on the Athletic that mentions that the Astros are also mandating full-time employees be vaccinated. That is 3 teams out of 30 so far, and that number is only going to grow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                                Ghiroli has an article on the Athletic that mentions that the Astros are also mandating full-time employees be vaccinated. That is 3 teams out of 30 so far, and that number is only going to grow.
                                That's a good thing.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X