Covid Vaccine thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    While true, this isn't whole truth, either. Ivermectin has been used a lot overseas, especially in poorer areas, since it is low cost and fairly easily available. In addition, there were at least two studies, one in particular, that went to pre-print showing good benefits. The "one in particular" - showing reduction in death rates of over 90% - was by an Egyptian professor and has been pulled from pre-print due to data/plagarism irregularities.

While I believe everyone who can be vaccinated should be - I got the Pfizer as soon as I could, and will get the booster as soon as I can - I also believe the FDA's behavior relative to ivermectin is irresponsible, at best. Politicizing it the way they have will discourage research into what might be part of a productive response for those who can not get vaccinated. Ivermectin may not be the answer, but it could be part of the answer, and no researcher who has to live off grants will dare touch it now in the US.
    How many of the quack cures suggested by politically motivated anti-vax Republicans and propped up by a shoddy study somewhere do we need to treat as serious science?

Hydroxychloroquine, bleach, azithromycin, doxycycline, ivermectin...I'm sure I'm missing a few. I support legitimate scientific and medical research, but I am extremely suspicious of the motives of the people behind most of these quack cures and don't blame researchers if they don't want to waste their time that could be better spent elsewhere. Particularly when it's a random product that doesn't have a logical theory of action that holds up to scrutiny.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      How many of the quack cures suggested by politically motivated anti-vax Republicans and propped up by a shoddy study somewhere do we need to treat as serious science?

Hydroxychloroquine, bleach, azithromycin, doxycycline, ivermectin...I'm sure I'm missing a few. I support legitimate scientific and medical research, but I am extremely suspicious of the motives of the people behind most of these quack cures and don't blame researchers if they don't want to waste their time that could be better spent elsewhere. Particularly when it's a random product that doesn't have a logical theory of action that holds up to scrutiny.
      Seems to me our good friends on the right tend to promote for-profit "cures" in which they or their loved ones have purchased stock and stand to financially benefit.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• It is telling, to anyone who thinks Trump was a cause rather than effect of what part of thos country has become, that he was booed when he recently promoted vaccination. Alex Jones has turned on him, calling him a dumbass. The politicians do not create the idiocy, they simply cater to it. Maybe if they did not they would keep quieter, but they would still he out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          It is telling, to anyone who thinks Trump was a cause rather than effect of what part of thos country has become, that he was booed when he recently promoted vaccination. Alex Jones has turned on him, calling him a dumbass. The politicians do not create the idiocy, they simply cater to it. Maybe if they did not they would keep quieter, but they would still he out there.
          Too little, too late. Once you mainstream this shit, there's no going back on it.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            Too little, too late. Once you mainstream this shit, there's no going back on it.
            Mebe they'll all try some horse dewormer and allow Darwin to do his job.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              Yeah, the fringe far-right were coaxed into the mainstream by Trump encouragement and they are not going back quietly. Anyone every watch Jordan Klepper's stuff? He talks with some calmer folks that I think I could communicate with without it devolving, but some of the folks at these rallies--something must be missing from their lives or hearts to carry so much rage and proud ignorance inside of them.

I often wonder how people who seem sane stick around as insanity unfolds around them. That isn't a sane move, yet I'm sure at least some of the people on Jan 6th that had no intention or thought of storming the capital but they still stuck around milling about even after many breached the capital. I'd like to think that no matter how lost I got in the energy of a movement, there would be a point at which my cheers would turn to concern as I looked around and realized I am surrounded by a mob and it isn't a good idea for me to be there. Yet so many are still all in on the crazy train, with all its insanity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                My cousin just got sedated today and put on a ventilator. She has been in the ICU for several days. Not vaccinated, of course
                Her parents were called into the hopital today and told that her lungs were completely shot and that she will never go home, she is there to die it is just a matter of time.

Comment

Her parents were called into the hopital today and told that her lungs were completely shot and that she will never go home, she is there to die it is just a matter of time.
                  Sorry to hear that sad news
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    Sorry to hear that sad news
                    What a horrible thing that is for a parent to hear. I can't even imagine
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Jesus, man. I am so sorry.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Heartbreaking.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          What a horrible thing that is for a parent to hear. I can't even imagine
                          Yes, its devastating - only child, she just turned 27

Comment

very sorry to hear mate
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

As a parent and grandparent this is my worst nightmare. Sorry for the bad news.

Comment

That's awful, sorry to hear Ken.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X