Covid Vaccine thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• way to lose your job for 1.2K.

During the arraignment, Zhao was ordered by US Magistrate Judge Sheila M. Finnegan to inform his employer that he was indicted on a charge of selling certified vaccination cards that he received from his job.

Pissetzky, Zhao’s attorney, said he “will certainly be fired if he discloses the charges to his employer.”

“Certainly, unfortunately, Mr. Zhao will lose his employment and I’m not sure if he’ll be able to gain new employment because he is a pharmacist,” Pissetzky said.

“He might be able to do some other kind of work,” the judge replied.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      way to lose your job for 1.2K.
      The legal argument there baffles me.

"I don't want to because I might get fired" is a defense?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        The legal argument there baffles me.

"I don't want to because I might get fired" is a defense?
        Not a defense to the charges, but an argument against what appears to be a judicial order for this guy to provide notice to his employer. Since this proceeding and just about every other type of legal proceeding is a matter of public record, Zhao faced an uphill battle to keep it under wraps no matter what. I imagine that particular bird flew the coop when his name appeared on CNN.com in an article about his indictment, lol.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          an argument against what appears to be a judicial order for this guy to provide notice to his employer
          But how is that an argument? It's similar to "but I don't want to"

Comment

• My cousin just got sedated today and put on a ventilator. She has been in the ICU for several days. Not vaccinated, of course

Comment

My cousin just got sedated today and put on a ventilator. She has been in the ICU for several days. Not vaccinated, of course
              ugh... the best of thoughts and prayers...

Comment

i guess, innocent until proven guilty?

Comment

If you have the facts on your side, pound the facts. If you have the law on your side, pound the law. If you have neither on your side, pound the table.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    Pharmacist arrested for selling Covid-19 vaccination cards on eBay:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/17/us/ch...bay/index.html

All those years of college down the drain. Maybe Trump will hire him.
                    Maybe he can join forces with the pharmacist who intentionally left out bottles of vaccine to spoil them.

Comment

• Phil Valentine, a Nashville based anti-vaxxer conservative Trumpy radio show host who declared in December that vaccines weren’t necessary and he stood “way less than a 1% chance of dying from covid,” beat the odds and died from covid today.

Comment

• Anti-vaxxers are now pushing ivermectin as a Covid treatment. For those of you that may not know, ivermectin is a dewormer for horses and cows, readily available at feed stores. So, people don't want to take a vaccine because it doesn't have final approval from the FDA or they feel it is made with toxins. However, they turn around and will ingest a drug made for cattle - obviously not approved by the FDA and not made for humans. The FDA put out a statement: "You are not a horse. You are not a cow. Seriously, y'all. Stop it."

Another anti-vaxxer tidbit: Anti-vaxxers are trying to refuse transfusions from anyone that has been vaccinated because they dont want the tainted vaccine blood. Of course, the blood banks don't track if anyone is vaccinated.

Comment

• Pfizer will be approved by the FDA this week, what will be the new excuse
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
                            Anti-vaxxers are now pushing ivermectin as a Covid treatment. For those of you that may not know, ivermectin is a dewormer for horses and cows, readily available at feed stores.
                            While true, this isn't whole truth, either. Ivermectin has been used a lot overseas, especially in poorer areas, since it is low cost and fairly easily available. In addition, there were at least two studies, one in particular, that went to pre-print showing good benefits. The "one in particular" - showing reduction in death rates of over 90% - was by an Egyptian professor and has been pulled from pre-print due to data/plagarism irregularities.

While I believe everyone who can be vaccinated should be - I got the Pfizer as soon as I could, and will get the booster as soon as I can - I also believe the FDA's behavior relative to ivermectin is irresponsible, at best. Politicizing it the way they have will discourage research into what might be part of a productive response for those who can not get vaccinated. Ivermectin may not be the answer, but it could be part of the answer, and no researcher who has to live off grants will dare touch it now in the US.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Politicizing it the way they have
                              How has the FDA politicized it?

Comment

• Originally posted by gwynninthehall View Post
                                pfizer will be approved by the fda this week, what will be the new excuse
                                of course the deep state was going to approve the microchip vaccine. This doesn't change anything!

Comment

Working...
                                X