No announcement yet.

Covid Vaccine thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's fascinating to watch all the reasons the vaccinated struggle to come up with reasons why the unvaccinated wouldn't do it. ironically they haven't even come close to mine. but then I was always a strange bird. ...sigh to the end of the revolution. it's not a good motto. but it's a motto. until we die. then it won't be a motto anymore.

Comment

• one of the problems when searching for a house to buy is when you tell realtors you need a dirt basement with a hole where you can tell victims if the don't put lotion on they will get the hose.

see this is why you need to contact me after the apocalypse. because I am so trustworthy. and there won't be any FBI anymore.

obviously I am joking. dirt floors are bad, they have radon.

Comment

• so I am watching these guys across the street mowing the lawn. that's a really big thing out here in what constitutes fly over country in Bristol county in MA. you'd be surprised to know that Suffolk county in Massachusetts is the most liberal county in the United States. like you are getting the whole deal over here. I forget the terms they use for it. it's basically the most snobbish area in the world.

well I am watching these guys mowing the lawn, and that is a really big thing out here. see Bristol county is the ying to the yang. it's still MA, but they like to pretend. I mean like no shit, I've had kids pull up to me at stop lights in their truck, blasting the star spangled banner. it's fucking scary. and they look at you and see you are white and are like hey my man.

it's very sad that one of the only skills I have is landscaping. I have hearing loss to prove it. it's like when a carpenter hears a hammer in the distance, like music. I hear lawnmowers, and I can tell you exactly what it is doing. so I am watching these fucking jabronis. trying to figure out what they are doing. why the guy across the street hired a landscape company. first thing I notice is they got bags on their mowers. that's always a bitch. there is really never a need to bag your grass. and one guy has a hustler mower, which is fucking fast, and another guy is using a 15" push mower. so I am trying to figure wtf is going on.

it's perplexing. it makes no sense. this is the guy across the street that loves his lawn. fucking guy mows it in the night. the way I figure it, his treasured riding mower broke. it's quite the conundrum. this is also a guy that was burning leaves, and called the fire department and then came running out from behind the house yelling when they showed up. so I really have no idea wtf is going on here.

but I have learned in flyover country, it's an embarrassment to have someone else mow your lawn. because they live for that sort of thing. it's like they get out there and measure the grass and are like oop, it grew an inch, time to use my $5,000 riding lawn mower! oh yeah

Comment

• I look at my cats for answers. they love tractors. we got like 20 of them at any given time. and they go and they come, the old guy here isn't what he was in his youth, but the tractors still come and go. I've seen him sell shit that was vintage. like a fucking trophy.

the cats inspect every new thing that come in the yard. like they are looking for defects. but really, they are just making sure something man-made doesn't fuck them up.

they love the seats. this is something they know. and that is one of my problems. even if I get a house and move, how can I justify taking them away from the only home they ever knew. ...but it's going to happen someday.

you shape the world that you live in. and you adapt. if you can't adapt then you become extinct.

Comment

• you haven't lived, until you sit at a campground in the woods in the night, and see a coyote ten feet away behind a tree testing whether or not you can see it. and it's because, every animal never knows, you can see it's eye's reflecting in the night.

and then you party with a bunch of drug addicted lesbians with little kick me dogs, and you have to keep telling them, put your dog somewhere more safe because any minute a coyote is going to run up ten feet away right under us and snatch it.

its empowering to know such things when the people around you have no clue.

Comment

• forcing this vaccination on the military is a mistake, the stubborn ones that won't take it, these are the guys that you want on your side. these are the stubborn bastards that will never run. these are the ones that will always stand and fight no matter what.

stubbornness is one of the best traits a person can have, because it's loyalty. I learned this from cats. when you domesticate a stray cat, it will fight you for years. but then one day, it will just jump in your lap, and no matter what, no matter how much you fuck up, it will always stay loyal to you.

Comment

• look at it this way, god forbid if Trump wins in 2024 or some shit, he now has his fascist army to back him up. we are totally abusing our power. and there are going to be repercussions.

you are thinking it can't happen, and it probably can't. but by our strongman actions, we are providing that opportunity. it's child's play, we're fucking up. once you start limiting freedom, you are opening a door that didn't exist before. it's bad policy. you have to be really careful with republicans, they don't fight fair. and you can't fight them with the same tools they use against you. that only pisses them off and makes it worse.

Comment

• republicans are our military. you have to find another way to get things done w/o throwing it in their face, or you won't have a military to defend the country, and we open ourselves up to rebellion. Trump doesn't realize it because he is stupid. but he will figure it out eventually.

I know if I was a soldier being overrun, I wouldn't want a democrat next to me.

Comment

• i'd look for advice from my cat about this, but unfortunately she doesn't do human politics.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                      i'd look for advice from my cat about this, but unfortunately she doesn't do human politics.
                      Well, that's too bad. I'd probably vote for her.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• in times like this I really miss Fresno Bob to give me reassurance.

Comment

in times like this I really miss Fresno Bob to give me reassurance.
                          Fresno would be all over you, reassuring you that you should get the shot and if you didn't he'd steal your cat.
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

forcing this vaccination on the military is a mistake, the stubborn ones that won't take it, these are the guys that you want on your side. these are the stubborn bastards that will never run. these are the ones that will always stand and fight no matter what.

stubbornness is one of the best traits a person can have, because it's loyalty. I learned this from cats. when you domesticate a stray cat, it will fight you for years. but then one day, it will just jump in your lap, and no matter what, no matter how much you fuck up, it will always stay loyal to you.
                            Nahhh, were you in the military? They do what they're told (ordered) or the go to jail, lose rate of pay, rank etc. The stubborn ones will get it because they have no other choice--dishonorable discharge is a hard mark to overcome in the civilian world when looking for a new job. It also disqualifies you for some benefits you've spent your career in the military earning.

BTW, it's not stubbornness that you want, it's courage, grace under pressure, selflessness. All these things keep you alive, stubbornness gets you dead. Stubbornness is usually people being unreasonably rigid and more akin to a Donkey than a Cat.

Get the shot--it makes you glow in the dark and that make's it totally worth it!
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              Nahhh, were you in the military? They do what they're told (ordered) or the go to jail, lose rate of pay, rank etc. The stubborn ones will get it because they have no other choice--dishonorable discharge is a hard mark to overcome in the civilian world when looking for a new job. It also disqualifies you for some benefits you've spent your career in the military earning.

BTW, it's not stubbornness that you want, it's courage, grace under pressure, selflessness. All these things keep you alive, stubbornness gets you dead. Stubbornness is usually people being unreasonably rigid and more akin to a Donkey than a Cat.

Get the shot--it makes you glow in the dark and that make's it totally worth it!
                              Can you imagine a military full of stubborn, self righteous soldiers? It would be the worst military in the world, they would be so disjointed and never follow orders.

You are exactly correct, loyalty is the quality they look for. We can knock the military for various reasons as much as we want, but they know how to organize a group of people who will follow orders.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                Can you imagine a military full of stubborn, self righteous soldiers? It would be the worst military in the world, they would be so disjointed and never follow orders.

You are exactly correct, loyalty is the quality they look for. We can knock the military for various reasons as much as we want, but they know how to organize a group of people who will follow orders.
                                That they do.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X