Covid Vaccine thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Damn, dude. I really hope everything goes okay for you and your family. Sending positive vibrations your way! Glad to hear that the home tests were negative.
    Gracias. Everyone still has some symptoms, but mild. My throat is getting scratchy. Assuming the home tests are right, we really dodged a bullet--if we got whatever this is, we could have just as easily gotten COVID. It was probably a stupid/selfish risk to come down here, but we had not seen family in two years, with the little ones growing so fast and them missing so much, or taken a vacation and we had sunk so much money into it by the time things took a bad turn.

Comment

• even the bubonic plague lasted 200-300 years, and that thing is still around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        Gracias. Everyone still has some symptoms, but mild. My throat is getting scratchy. Assuming the home tests are right, we really dodged a bullet--if we got whatever this is, we could have just as easily gotten COVID. It was probably a stupid/selfish risk to come down here, but we had not seen family in two years, with the little ones growing so fast and them missing so much, or taken a vacation and we had sunk so much money into it by the time things took a bad turn.
        it's COVID dude. you survived it

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
          it was a much different time, a much different disease, and a much different vaccine.

smallpox and polio lasted much longer, right? and one can argue that it reached herd immunity on it's own. polio is still going on though right? we haven't eradicated it yet. were close. smallpox was a fucking bastard. for example, when a ship of goods came into pot, and the crew was infected, the captain would lie so he could offload his goods, and subsequently indifferently infect the population.
          You could be right about a new virus coming down the pike, but none of them so far have compared to the devastation smallpox wreaked.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• if you really want to get somewhere talk about cancer and Alzheimer's. while cancer may be inevitable as you grow old, these are also being triggered by environmental events. what is Alzheimer's it's not a virus by definition, but it is. yet vaccinating against some cancers, yeah we did that. impressive. how many years did it take?

learn as you go. i'll tell you one thing, if you are a dentist, your risk of Alzheimer's just went up. occupational hazard. the world hasn't realized it yet. it would be easy to voir dire, but no-one has looked into it yet. why would cleaning ppl's teeth lead to a prion disease? I don't know. because no-one understands prion disease. it's worse than cancer even though it hasn't killed as many people yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              You could be right about a new virus coming down the pike, but none of them so far have compared to the devastation smallpox wreaked.
              smallpox is the champion of the disease world. I don't want to say virus because as they say there are more viruses than planets. and viruses created life, it's not always synonymous with disease. I really don't know much about it smallpox or polio, but it's the bar or standard in understanding virology and outbreak.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                smallpox is the champion of the disease world. I don't want to say virus because as they say there are more viruses than planets. and viruses created life, it's not always synonymous with disease. I really don't know much about it smallpox or polio, but it's the bar or standard in understanding virology and outbreak.
                Malaria is the champ of the disease world, though it is a long term stat complier. And it is a parasite, not a virus.

Comment

• August 4th - Gov. Ron DeathSantis of Florida berates President Biden: "I don't want to hear a blip about covid from you."

August 10th - Gov. Ron DeathSantis of Florida goes hat in hand begging the federal government for 300 more ventilators.

You can't make this stuff up:

Comment

• Florida has passed New York's 2020 hospitalization peak from back when a vaccination didn't even exist. DeSantis is a (deadly) joke.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Time to "cancel" that face lift!

Republican Gov. Greg Abbott on Monday called on Texas hospitals to voluntarily postpone elective procedures in order to clear more beds for the state’s latest flood of Covid patients.

Abbott also said Texas’ Department of State Health Services is working to find out-of-state medical workers to help with the latest surge — a reversal from July, when the state said it would not send additional health care workers to help hospitals battle the latest outbreak.

Comment

• I really need to stop drinking. mainly because the old guy I park my RV is going to die someday. I need to get a job and buy a house and take care of his cats. I bought a sailboat, and that was a bad idea. thing is still stuck in CT and I need to take it's mast down and transport it up here so I can learn how to sail. or even learn how to put the sails on it and up, was a bad plan. it was a just in case scenario. but the RV guy screwed me. it was stupid. the cats can't live on a sailboat. I thought if I lived close by I could come back here after he died and feed them. but it's not that bad. I need a house, they need one, it's a decade commitment provided they don't die. I don't even like sailing, I get seasick.

so lets agree on something, any disease that kills young people is bad. that's the bar. smallpox was worse than COVID because it also killed healthy people. this was one of the features of the recent H1N1 pandemic which alarmed us. people over 80 had antibodies where younger people didn't.

but here is where I am going with this. COVID is an old persons disease. we can debate about that. and we just fucked up the world over a disease that has a mortality rate of

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/covid...tin-kulldorff/

now that is not exactly right because it was over a year ago. https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...new-infections
                        In states where data was available, less than 2% of all child COVID-19 cases required hospitalization and 0.00% to 0.03% were fatal.
                        those NPR statistics were out of 96,000 kids.

so this is an old person disease.

we just shut down everything, to save 1% of people over 70 and 2.5% of people over 80. but more, we could've saved them anyways by just targeting their safety. but they didn't to do that. and there are a lot of reasons. many old people are poor. they can't live like that. we could've thrown more money at them. but we wen't a different way. we shut everyone down instead.

and here is my point, nature doesn't want old people. it doesn't want us. it's whole system is based on reproduction. it doesn't want people to liver forever. you can argue that it's really a contest between artificially archiving information in libraries vs genes. and I believe eventually libraries or memory and culture passed down (like Orca whales) will win this battle.

so you could even say, science by fucking everyone up to save older people, is still on the right course. but these are painful lessons to learn in our quest to live forever. and who knew that 3% of people over 70 had so much power. and then you have to ponder, can we actually make it there and achieve immortality.

there is only one solution, and that is to be able to colonize other planets. otherwise, if we can't, it will just be old people cock blocking the next generation.

Comment

• nature is forcing us off the planet. this is how the universe gets itself to colonize itself. it's a benefit, benefit for everyone. for example, once we reach some kind of pinnacle of our technological existence, what were we going to do on only one planet? it's very logical. it's like once you reach a certain level of intelligence and technological expertise, the planet you reside on is graduating you. it's telling you, you have the capacity to colonize me. there's a bigger universe out there. go explore it.

but it didn't do it through disaster or forced choices. the universe is doing it in a nurturing way.

it wants little people on Mars, go figure. how else are you ever going to get a technological civilization off their planet and colonize the stars. it makes sense right, why would the universe be so big and all these planets doing nothing. seems like an awful waste of space just doing nothing except waiting for something.

this gives me confidence, we will make it. the universe is cheating. you can't beat the universe at blackjack. it comes up with 21 every time. because it cheats, lol

Comment

• the idea of perpetual growth. not such a bad idea when you look at it from a universal perspective.

Comment

• I know I am totally failing at this.

Comment

• I think I would do much better if I insulted people and accused them of being unable to read unless I included pictures. heh

not really.. I think pictures are really helpful. i like pictures too.

Comment

Working...
                                X