No announcement yet.

Covid Vaccine thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I threw out a whole ounce of weed cleaning my RV. right in the middle of trying to stop drinking again. lol... sigh. I am just all messed up. I don't even know how to get back to where I was before. it's been so long

that's what pisses me off about people that are cheap about material things. they lose things that take them one week in life to acquire. how about people, and even pets, how is anything material more important.

Comment

• when do you become desensitized by life? your mileage may vary.

do you think the next generation with their innocence and hope and naivety or going to step in and save us from our sins? they have so much hope. but we really stacked the game against them. they have no idea how bad the world is now because of our global selfishness.

Comment

• this is our judgment day. ...every day is judgment day. but today

Comment

• it's how children ask why there isn't a children's day like there is a fathers or mothers day, and the reply is every day is children's day.

Comment

• children are only free once their parents are gone and die. this is why we grow old, because we have no good advice to give them. this is the world that we are creating from our policies.

and it shouldn't be that way. because we live in a world were we pass down the information we learned. but we have nothing constructive to pass down except selfishness and destruction.

Comment

• the really funny thing about cats is they actually plan for the future. they'll look at their water and say it's too much PH or the food doesn't have enough meat or something. and i am like, you're a cat! your not going to live forever.

but it's true they plan for the future.

every species plans for the future. some better than others.

Comment

• I've mentioned it before but my mothers worth millions of dollars. I have a good relationship with her now but it's not what I am about. I live in an RV one fucking step from dying under a bridge. and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I have a decision. whether to go to her funeral and collect my so called inheritance or blow it off. but what I am really proving. sure my sister wants everything, and she'll get it. I can make a living myself. i'd rather die.

I was hoping someday my mother would be normal and for the first time in my life she could give me some constructive advice, but at this point it's not going to happen.

sure I know how to trade stocks. the market isn't going anywhere. if I want to do that again. but it's not me. my mother allowed me to be who I was meant to be. and I wouldn't trade my life for anyone's. my life had meaning.

Comment

• the way the world is now is we are just thoughtless souls who can't remember anything but our last meal, and can't look forward to the next one.
                  Archmaester (to Sam): In the Citadel, we lead different lives for different reasons. We are this world's memory, Samwell Tarly. Without us, men would be little better than dogs. Don't remember any meal but the last, can't see forward to any but the next. And every time you leave the house and shut the door, they howl like you're gone forever.

Comment

• if the apocalypse happened tomorrow I would hope I could connect with you guys. trust, the most important ingredient in any relationship. by the time that happens we'll all be dead. but the thought is there. maybe you'll try to travel across country during an apocalypse to meet me. i'll keep the radio channel open.

Comment

• you don't see that vaccination from this isn't a symptom of a larger disease. we are wiping ourselves out. it's a band aid it's not a cure. it's a symptom of climate change.

this is the problem with healthcare, they are great at solving temporary problems, but they will never stop the disease. they can only treat it. and unless you can stop climate change, or bigger problems causing disease, you'll never stop it. and we will be at it's mercy to the day we are overwhelmed.99999999999999999999999999999999999999 999999999999999999999999

Comment

• you guys can stop with that polio and smallpox shit. we are dealing with much bigger diseases today.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                          you guys can stop with that polio and smallpox shit. we are dealing with much bigger diseases today.
                          Interesting perspective - COVID has killed roughly 4-5 million people, depending on who's counts you believe, and the vast majority of those are due to age, obesity, or pre-existing conditions. Smallpox killed like 200 - 300 million people, including vast swaths of relatively healthy individuals. If I'm remembering my Japanese studies/history course correctly, smallpox killed an estimated 30-50% of the entire population of Japan when it ravaged through.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            Interesting perspective - COVID has killed roughly 4-5 million people, depending on who's counts you believe, and the vast majority of those are due to age, obesity, or pre-existing conditions. Smallpox killed like 200 - 300 million people, including vast swaths of relatively healthy individuals. If I'm remembering my Japanese studies/history course correctly, smallpox killed an estimated 30-50% of the entire population of Japan when it ravaged through.
                            it was a much different time, a much different disease, and a much different vaccine.

smallpox and polio lasted much longer, right? and one can argue that it reached herd immunity on it's own. polio is still going on though right? we haven't eradicated it yet. were close. smallpox was a fucking bastard. for example, when a ship of goods came into pot, and the crew was infected, the captain would lie so he could offload his goods, and subsequently indifferently infect the population.

smallpox and polio can't hold a candle to the devastation that AIDS is causing. or the threat that something like Nipah or Zika or the destruction that any modern day pandemic can cause, just based on population or how even more interconnected the world is. than again maybe we'll start getting monkey pox, that might be interesting.

H5N1, I still say ultimately it will be an influenza virus that will cause an apocalypse. it has it claws in everything. antibiotic resistance. food shortage. Polio and Smallpox will make the 80's look like the 50's. ..wait until you see the new viruses these days.

science has it work cut out for itself if they want to keep up.

we'll be shrugging killing 2% of 8 billion after something else starts getting us 5% year over year.

Comment

• polio and smallpox are easy to vaccinate against. it's bullshit. make a vaccine against a coronavirus and I will be impressed. because we didn't. it's a treatment. it's not a vaccine. just like the a flu shot is not a vaccine. the virus lives on.

and when you grow old some day and you are weak, like when my cat is healthy and well fed, it's going to go in the invading cats yard that has been fighting with it, and during the winter, it's going to end it. this is why you don't fuck with calicos.

this coronavirus is going to kill us eventually. there is no escape from it. it's a death sentence once we grow old.

Comment

• the worlds future life expectancy just went dramatically down.

Comment

Working...
                                X