No announcement yet.

Covid Vaccine thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversely, there are hypocrites that are hurting the world, when they do the right thing for themselves, but tell everyone else not to. So, if a doctor eats right and exercises, but tells all his patients not to, he is way worse for the world than the reverse. So, yeah, Tucker Carlson, who has 100% been vaxxed, is a horrible, terrible, no good human being. His negative impact by encouraging millions to not get vaxxed far outweigh the positive impact of his personal vaccination.
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 07-12-2021, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      if a doctor eats right and exercises, but tells all his patients not to
      tsk tsk, we've learned in this thread that Hypocrisy is a sure sign of falsehood

So if there's a doctor like that then we shouldn't be eating right or exercising.

Try to keep up!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        What does this mean? Has there ever been a vaccine that "went south?" Sure, some tests for vaccines didn't go well (i.e. polio), but for an the actual vaccine?
        as far as I can tell just one, the 2016 vaccine deployment for Dengue fever in the Philippines. vaccine trials for RSV in 1967 in the US and a rejected vaccine in the 1960s in the US developed for measles. a vaccine developed for SARS in 2003 showed signs of ADE in animal trials, so the current covid vaccines used a different strategy.

Comment

• about climate change, they say just one DVD can take down a whale if it happens just right. and who knows if a plastic bag you use ends up in the ocean and a sea turtle mistakes it for a jellyfish and eats it and dies. I know the wheels are turning about corporate ownership doing more about recycling. I know I should at least probably use paper bags or reusable ones and cups for coffee.

I know my job as an airline food critic for Gate Gourmet doesn't help. flying 8 to 10 hours and eating 3 single use plastic frozen food $2 meals a day so I can write an article in the lifestyle section on gluten free penne pasta with chunky ratatouille. or reporting back to Gate Gourmet about how the passengers felt about the five potato and leek frittatas or the five sweet potato and bacon fritters at 1,120 milligrams of sodium at altitude. I figure alone I account for a whole flight from Los Angeles to Chicago myself every month or two. and for long flights like the Hawaiian Islands to Auckland there's chilli and little bits of coconut on the side for textural contrast or mini sausages with the skin peeled a little after reheating. meat based prepackaged airline food is always a risk. it's much safer to go with a vegetarian jasmine rice based meal with eggs and mixed berries.
          Last edited by ; 07-12-2021, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
            about climate change, they say just one DVD can take down a whale if it happens just right. and who knows if a plastic bag you use ends up in the ocean and a sea turtle mistakes it for a jellyfish and eats it and dies. I know the wheels are turning about corporate ownership doing more about recycling. I know I should at least probably use paper bags or reusable ones and cups for coffe99999999kjnhjbhubgvft9cedxs9x9sx9st
            I don't know what coffe99999999kjnhjbhubgvft9cedxs9x9sx9st is but I kinda wanna try it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              I don't know what coffe99999999kjnhjbhubgvft9cedxs9x9sx9st is but I kinda wanna try it now.
              my kb. it's not a virus, it just types 9999999999999999 on it's own. I like Acer because it makes it easy to reformat but I don't think I will get an Acer again. it could be the keyboard drivers. it's pretty weird, and frustrating! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                my kb. it's not a virus, it just types 9999999999999999 on it's own. I like Acer because it makes it easy to reformat but I don't think I will get an Acer again. it could be the keyboard drivers. it's pretty weird, and frustrating! lol
                Damn. I was hoping it was something like this:

Comment

• it rehtona's eher (it also types backwards) I've dumped a beer on a computer. I had an ASUS under a table with the cover off it. it had so much cigarette ash on the mother board a friend said I should take a picture and send it to them to complement how well it still works. and it did. until one day I spilled that beer. I was like FUCK! the funniest part was the cat got up immediately and was like, oh shit, you just spilled a beer on the computer and walked out of the room.

this fucking Acer laptop, I can't really complain. I bought it and never used it. froze to the floor in my bedroom and mice pissed on it. then when I moved and dug it out and booted it, the battery was no good even though it was never used. and Acer always comes with a lot of crapware. the weirdest part was it really complained about not being able to go online when I first booted it. but the things got a fucking TB of hard drive space, and it ran what I needed even with a onboard video card. but in addition to the 9999 problem. it can have trouble booting up and I hit the F2 key really fast. for some reason this helps. I thought I had a fucking virus, like hardcore ransomware that wrote to the firmware. but I really think Acer just sucks as this is my third one and the same thing happened before.

you can get self-ware computers, but it would have to be a cyborg. also, I put sun glasses on and I quote terminator and say to the old guys here, hey buddy! what do you have a dead cat in there? and then say, fuck you asshole. they don't really get the joke. here's another tip, if you drink Dr. McGillicuddy, that and fireball is popular in flyover country, when you puke it will taste like mint. eventually democrats will make them drop the Dr part from their name as they will say it makes it seem like a doctor is recommending mint flavored alcohol.

Comment

• I usually leave my laptop on due to the rebooting problem. but with 3 RV's hooked up to only a garage and no house on 7 acres, the garage has 200 amp service. the house was next door but the old guy got kicked out. we have 2 40 amp welding breakers. and we were working with only a few remaining 15 amp connections. so one of the old guys sons is a drunk electrician. and we finally got him to come down and install an outlet right under the box with 2 20 amp outlets.

still every now and then the power goes out on one of them and they go in there and start flipping breakers blindly. so i'll be sitting here and the power will go out and back on quickly, and look out the window and see one of them walking out like they had just flipped all the switches on and off. but electrician shit would be useful. I am going to have to learn that doing HVAC. you just do the work and just have an electrician come down and sign off on it.

Comment

• not that everyone can say this maybe. but it's one of those things where it's justified to take it into the backyard and shoot it. I don't have a gun so it's all good. I think there was a guy in NY once where his computer gave him such problems over years and took it outside and shot it. when the police showed up he explained everything and they said, we don't approve of what you did, but we understand.

Comment

• i'd be more worried about computer on computer crime. or when computers start shooting each other. Tesla predicted wars would be fought by robots.

Comment

• I don't actually think ADE will happen, but we should be aware of the small risk. but if it did from a new variant, the proper thing to do would be to go in lockdown now that the current vaccine version exacerbated it. and then it gets real. science can make another vaccine and fix it. but you'll have to get better at containment. which I don't think is possible. so it's really up to medical science. and I don't like them sometimes because they can fuck up at first, but if you give them enough chances, they will get it right.

Comment

• oh yeah making a wasp out of nuts and bolts, before my computer errored again. https://interestingengineering.com/v...beautiful-wasp

Comment

• when making a computer self aware first you must make a wasp out of brass nuts and bolts. then we can be allowed to have an opinion.

Comment

• after we wipe ourselves out aliens will land on our planet, really aliens will be us but we time travelled. the longest lasting structures will be made of brass. 15 million years. they'll find some statues, and if they are lucky they will find my wasp. and know I was here.

Comment

Working...
                                X