No announcement yet.

Covid Vaccine thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's the military slang for going into a situation and by trying to rescue someone gets more people killed? I know it's foxtrot tango I think but forget the first word.

you know one thing is we are paying ppl or having lotteries to vaccinate, where in other countries ppl would gladly pay to be vaccinated. that seems a little fucked up. if you really believe in the vaccine and you are smart enough to realize any variant in Africa or in the hardest to reach places, will eventually find it's way here, we should just be supplying the world with shots for free.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Unless you've already had COVID-19. Studies in the UK and US (Cleveland Clinic and UCLA, pre-peer reviewed) indicate no additional benefit from vaccination if one has already been infected.
      I thought that was an understood concept.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
        what's the military slang for going into a situation and by trying to rescue someone gets more people killed? I know it's foxtrot tango I think but forget the first word.

you know one thing is we are paying ppl or having lotteries to vaccinate, where in other countries ppl would gladly pay to be vaccinated. that seems a little fucked up. if you really believe in the vaccine and you are smart enough to realize any variant in Africa or in the hardest to reach places, will eventually find it's way here, we should just be supplying the world with shots for free.
        This is true. We have to stamp this thing out globally. I sure am glad we have Biden in charge, because I fear the last guy would not have realized that "America First" in this case would be getting as many people vaxxed worldwide as possible ASAP>

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          I thought that was an understood concept.
          There was a lot of debate on that topic when the vaccines came out. And those studies are very recent - the UCLA one for sure is not peer-reviewed yet, and I'm not sure if the Cleveland Clinic one has been yet or not (I don't think so).
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Sorry if this has already been discussed, but for those who are against the vaccines, what was their plan? Fine to be cautious or anxious, but what's the alternative they are recommending?

Just letting everyone else get vaccinated and reaping the benefits? Yeah not listening to that garbage.
            Last edited by Ken; 07-12-2021, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Sorry if this has already been discussed, but for those who are against the vaccines, what was their plan? Fine to be cautious or anxious, but what's the alternative they are recommending?

Just letting everyone else get vaccinated and reaping the benefits? Yeah not listing to that garbage.
              Well, Covid is fake anyway so you're not really reaping the benefits of getting vaccinated for a fake disease.....is what I suspect at least some anti-vaxxers are saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                Well, Covid is fake anyway so you're not really reaping the benefits of getting vaccinated for a fake disease.....is what I suspect at least some anti-vaxxers are saying.
                The sting is still coming. The whole lockdown was to get all the elite deep state liberal pedos to go to ground so Trump could get to them and lock them up. That and so Gates could chip us all so he would know where we are at all times! You know, in case if you ever leave your phone at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  The sting is still coming. The whole lockdown was to get all the elite deep state liberal pedos to go to ground so Trump could get to them and lock them up. That and so Gates could chip us all so he would know where we are at all times! You know, in case if you ever leave your phone at home.
                  All to answer one burning question...... How many democrats can you fit into the basement of a pizza parlor...
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but for those who are against the vaccines, what was their plan? Fine to be cautious or anxious, but what's the alternative they are recommending?

Just letting everyone else get vaccinated and reaping the benefits? Yeah not listing to that garbage.
                    On the left, if is definitely more your last line, as it has been for a long time with even more established vaccines. On the right, I think it is more conspiracy theories and anti-science idiocy. Marjorie Taylor Greene has said many times her vaccine is going to the gym, cuz she is tougher than any stupid weakass snowflake virus.

Comment

repurposed drugs like ivermectin or something. I hear vitamin B12 is good. vitamin D. but finding the right one is like the wild west right now. treatment, prevention. exercising and eating healthy. do the things that build up your immune system. and as a last resort, infection. and natural immunity. until I get older and my immune system weakens and the virus finally kills me. that's my plan. to the end of the revolution!

Comment

On the left, if is definitely more your last line, as it has been for a long time with even more established vaccines. On the right, I think it is more conspiracy theories and anti-science idiocy. Marjorie Taylor Greene has said many times her vaccine is going to the gym, cuz she is tougher than any stupid weakass snowflake virus.
                        None of those are a plan. I seriously want to know from people who refuse to get vaccinated what their plan for everyone is since they have decided that ours is bad. What's the plan?

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                          repurposed drugs like ivermectin or something. I hear vitamin B12 is good. vitamin D. but finding the right one is like the wild west right now. treatment, prevention. exercising and eating healthy. do the things that build up your immune system. and as a last resort, infection. and natural immunity. until I get older and my immune system weakens and the virus finally kills me. that's my plan. to the end of the revolution!
                          That's your plan for you, I'm talking about your plan for the world for getting out of the pandemic.

If someone's plan is that the rest of the world should get vaccinated, but they should not, I'm sorry but that just makes them a selfish narcissist piece of garbage ***. (not saying that's your plan specifically.... I'm still waiting to hear that one).

*** note, obvious caveats here for people with other pre-existing health conditions who cannot safely be vaccinated. I'm talking about the average Joe.

Comment

None of those are a plan. I seriously want to know from people who refuse to get vaccinated what their plan for everyone is since they have decided that ours is bad. What's the plan?
                            Oh, well, it seems obvious that those who accept the virus is real and killing millions think it is best to just let it run its course, continuing to kill millions more until everyone has had it and built up natural immunity. Several have said explicitly that since the vast majority of those who die are old (about 80% of those who die of COVID are over age 65 and 95% of are over age 50), it isn't that big of a deal to just let it run its course. Heck, maybe that will help prolong SS insolvency, I bet some think. Why take any risk in rushing to vaccinate an entire population when almost all of those who will continue dying of the disease are old and no longer productive members of society, or don't have many years of productivity left? To be clear, that is not my position, but it seems clear to me that many anti-vaxxers feel this way.

That or I'd also argue that many do not care about having a plan for the world. They only have a plan for themselves, because it goes "me first, then my family first, then my community first, then America first," and I don't think many get to the point where their decisions are dictated thoughts of how their actions are aligned with a plan for the planet, as evident from so many people's position on climate change, which, if we continue to not do enough, will have a orders of magnitude more impact on our species and even more so on all other life on the planet than COVID. It isn't even close, but because the consequences take longer to feel, we have not done nearly enough to address that issue.
                            Last edited by Sour Masher; 07-12-2021, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Oh, well, it seems obvious that those who accept the virus is real and killing millions think it is best to just let it run its course, continuing to kill millions more until everyone has had it and built up natural immunity. Several have said explicitly that since the vast majority of those who die are old (about 80% of those who die of COVID are over age 65 and 95% of are over age 50), it isn't that big of a deal to just let it run its course. Heck, maybe that will help prolong SS insolvency, I bet some think. Why take any risk in rushing to vaccinate an entire population when almost all of those who will continue dying of the disease are old and no longer productive members of society, or don't have many years of productivity left? To be clear, that is not my position, but it seems clear to me that many anti-vaxxers feel this way.

That or I'd also argue that many do not care about having a plan for the world. They only have a plan for themselves, because it goes "me first, then my family first, then my community first, then America first," and I don't think many get to the point where their decisions are dictated thoughts of how their actions are aligned with a plan for the planet, as evident from so many people's position on climate change, which, if we continue to not do enough, will have a orders of magnitude more impact on our species and even more so on all other life on the planet than COVID. It isn't even close, but because the consequences take longer to feel, we have not done nearly enough to address that issue.
                              Man, you say 'people are a bunch of selfish dickheads' a lot nicer than I do.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                Man, you say 'people are a bunch of selfish dickheads' a lot nicer than I do.
                                If people would say "I'm anti vaxx because I only care about myself", at least I could acknowledge an intellectually honest statement. But this idea that people don't want to get vaccinated themselves, but they want others to do so, yet won't admit they are narcissists.... I guess it falls in line with other things going on, so I shouldn't expect more. But dang do I still expect more.

Comment

Working...
                                X