Covid Vaccine thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Then they really aren't anti makers right?
    Why do they hate freedom ???
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      I know some anti-maskers that wore masks. They did for the benefit of the maskers.
      How sweet of them! I don't swerve my car into oncoming traffic every single day for the same reason. I figure those people in the other lanes don't want to die today. Where's my trophy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        How sweet of them! I don't swerve my car into oncoming traffic every single day for the same reason. I figure those people in the other lanes don't want to die today. Where's my trophy?
        You're really missing out
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          You're really missing out
          I know, I need more trophies for all my philanthropy pertaining to incredibly selfish things I avoid doing on a daily basis.

Comment

I know, I need more trophies for all my philanthropy pertaining to incredibly selfish things I avoid doing on a daily basis.
            It's also excellent cardio
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

They don't brag about it. They are just kind nice people.

They don't look for a trophy or applause.

Comment

They don't brag about it. They are just kind nice people.

They don't look for a trophy or applause.
                You may be missing the point. There's nothing "nice" about not intentionally killing other people. It's the absolute minimum we expect of people.

Comment

I don't think it is for the same reason.

Comment

I don't think it is for the same reason.
                    How is it different? Both of them are things that any sane, reasonable human being would do (wear a mask to avoid killing those around you, and not swerve into oncoming traffic... to avoid killing those around you).

Comment

You may be missing the point. There's nothing "nice" about not intentionally killing other people. It's the absolute minimum we expect of people.
                      I certainly am not missing the point.

Comment

I certainly am not missing the point.
                        You aren't providing any details that would suggest that though. You noted that my examples were off, but you didn't explain why....

Comment

How is it different? Both of them are things that any sane, reasonable human being would do (wear a mask to avoid killing those around you, and not swerve into oncoming traffic... to avoid killing those around you).
                          You do not swerve into traffic out of kindness or thoughtfulness to others. You don't swerve into traffic because you don't want to die.

I do have the benefit of actually knowing these people. I would agree with you if you stated that they are the outlier to the rabid politicized anti maskers. But you didn't. You lumped them all in with your enemy.

I do not agree with you. I hope that doesn't make me your enemy. I do not consider you mine.

Comment

You aren't providing any details that would suggest that though. You noted that my examples were off, but you didn't explain why....
                            1.01-I didn't know we were going to have a discussion.
                            1.02-You type faster than me.
                            1.03- I had to type, delete, type, delete, type and reread remembering that this crowd can a will tag you for casual comments. Keeps me sharp.

Comment

You do not swerve into traffic out of kindness or thoughtfulness to others. You don't swerve into traffic because you don't want to die.
                              That's a distinction without a difference. The same example with you bailing out of the car applies. You are criticizing the analogy, not for it's substance but for an unimportant aspect that has nothing to do with the conversation.

And I agree, you don't do it out of kindness or thoughtfulness. That's the entire point.

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              I do have the benefit of actually knowing these people. I would agree with you if you stated that they are the outlier to the rabid politicized anti maskers. But you didn't. You lumped them all in with your enemy.
                              "Anti maskers" makes no sense when we are in a pandemic. Forget politics, anyone who is against policies that are attempting to save lives are, at their core, selfish. I understand that you are biased because you know these people. I know a lot of similar people and I consider them very selfish in this regard. Several are my friends. And they are selfish. Both can be true.

Nothing about them wearing a mask "for the maskers" is noble. My example above absolutely applies. It's the absolute minimum we expect of people (and many still fail that test sadly).

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              I do not agree with you. I hope that doesn't make me your enemy. I do not consider you mine.
                              Not sure how this is topical, you seem to be getting very defensive. I'm not calling you my enemy, I'm just commenting on a topic that seems obvious to me.

Comment

By the way, I actually think most people who where masks are under the false impression that it is more about protecting themselves than protection others. Maybe not so much our crowd, but in the walking around.

Comment

Working...
                                X