• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
    Here in Ohio
    You could win a million dollars if vaccinated
    Or if a teenager a free college education
    Plus you might save your life or the life of someone you care about.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      I got my second shot today and when I got up after the shot, I told the nurse I love her, for some reason. They got a good laugh out of it, even though I tried to play it off as I meant to say it, and that I love them all for the work they are doing .
      Definition of Nightingale syndrome:
      Based off the "Nurse with the Lamp", Florence Nightingale was apparently an extremely adept nurse. While not technically a medical syndrome, Nightingale Syndrome is known to be used to describe the situation in which a patient falls in love with his/her medical caretaker due to the vague bond created when healed by a complete stranger.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        I got my second shot today and when I got up after the shot, I told the nurse I love her, for some reason. They got a good laugh out of it, even though I tried to play it off as I meant to say it, and that I love them all for the work they are doing .
        Love at first shot

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          My 14-year old got the 1st dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday.
          I'm anxiously awaiting my 13 year old daughter to get her shot, as I'm hoping for a 2 week vacation with her in August.

I got my 1st shot of Moderna last week, the one that's been taken off the market for risks of blood clots. I had to miss 1 day of work with fatigue and a headache, but no big deal.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
            I'm anxiously awaiting my 13 year old daughter to get her shot, as I'm hoping for a 2 week vacation with her in August.

I got my 1st shot of Moderna last week, the one that's been taken off the market for risks of blood clots. I had to miss 1 day of work with fatigue and a headache, but no big deal.
            Actually it was JNJ that had the blood clot issue.

Good luck!

Comment

• Some companies, like CVS, Starbucks, Target & Wal-Mart are starting to end mandatory masks at their locations, but only if you've been fully vaccinated. Ummmm, how on earth are they to know who's been fully vaccinated? I was at Lowe's yesterday and there were a small handful walking around unmasked. I'd wager anything those folks were ones who actually didn't get vaccinated and are just taking advantage of the relaxed requirements.

Comment

Some companies, like CVS, Starbucks, Target & Wal-Mart are starting to end mandatory masks at their locations, but only if you've been fully vaccinated. Ummmm, how on earth are they to know who's been fully vaccinated? I was at Lowe's yesterday and there were a small handful walking around unmasked. I'd wager anything those folks were ones who actually didn't get vaccinated and are just taking advantage of the relaxed requirements.
                I was in Trader Joe's this morning and I asked the woman at the register. She said that the policy is already in effect, but they basically have no way to police it and everyone is on the honor system. Everyone in the store was wearing masks for today at least.

Comment

• Planet Fitness demasked everywhere state mandates no longer apply. Airlines/airports are still full-on mask requirements.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                    I was in Trader Joe's this morning and I asked the woman at the register. She said that the policy is already in effect, but they basically have no way to police it and everyone is on the honor system. Everyone in the store was wearing masks for today at least.
                    The "honor system," lol. I wouldn't expect employees to police it, it's not their job. So basically, companies like this are putting an end to the mask mandate, and I'd expect masks to be almost totally gone by the end of June. Which is fine, I suppose, but these company rules with little clout behind them are useless.

Comment

The "honor system," lol. I wouldn't expect employees to police it, it's not their job. So basically, companies like this are putting an end to the mask mandate, and I'd expect masks to be almost totally gone by the end of June. Which is fine, I suppose, but these company rules with little clout behind them are useless.
                      I actually think a lot of people will keep wearing them in places. My “ semi retirement “ job is at a Walmart and even tho I have - had the virus- and gotten the shot ( so I should be able to lick door knobs) and don’t have to wear the mask , I will still wear it . A lot of my co workers are going to keep wearing it also

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                        I actually think a lot of people will keep wearing them in places. My “ semi retirement “ job is at a Walmart and even tho I have - had the virus- and gotten the shot ( so I should be able to lick door knobs) and don’t have to wear the mask , I will still wear it . A lot of my co workers are going to keep wearing it also
                        I believe that. In fact, my point was that many vaccinated people will still wear masks while the first ones out with them off were the anti-maskers.

Comment

I believe that. In fact, my point was that many vaccinated people will still wear masks while the first ones out with them off were the anti-maskers.
                          i think you are right on here. I suspect the people who won't wear masks are the people who never wanted to and don't want a vaccine either. Vaccines aren't 100% and in my opinion everyone should still wear masks and be as safe as possible until the number of cases approach zero. But we have people who are too stupid and stubborn to see the benefit for everyone if we can stomp this down. I am vaccinated and I can't imagine going out in public without a mask, for my own protection and I suppose also in hopes that everyone will see people with masks and continue to mask up themselves.
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Will you still wear yours?

I have a card that shows I have had both shots. So far I am wearing my mask.

Comment

I know some anti-maskers that wore masks. They did for the benefit of the maskers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                I know some anti-maskers that wore masks. They did for the benefit of the maskers.
                                Then they really aren't anti makers right?
                                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X