No announcement yet.

And so it has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoFundMe will no longer allow people to fundraise for travel expenses used for potentially violent political events after pro-Trump protesters used the platform to rake in cash ahead of storming the US Capitol.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Facebook will begin removing all content that mentions the phrase "stop the steal," a full 69 days after Election Day.

The social media giant said in a blog post that it will ramp up enforcement against the phrase because it was used by those who participated in last week's riots at the US Capitol.

"With continued attempts to organize events against the outcome of the US presidential election that can lead to violence, and use of the term by those involved in Wednesday's violence in DC, we're taking this additional step in the lead up to the inauguration," Guy Rosen, Facebook's VP of integrity, wrote in a post about the company's preparation for Inauguration Day.

Facebook added that it will continue its weeks-long ban on all US political advertising.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        Never been to a Hobby Lobby either--shocker!
        Either have I.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          GoFundMe will no longer allow people to fundraise for travel expenses used for potentially violent political events after pro-Trump protesters used the platform to rake in cash ahead of storming the US Capitol.
          I'm shocked they have no money. Shocked! After all, most are 30-something unemployed losers who live with their momma. Or gramma.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            I'm shocked they have no money. Shocked! After all, most are 30-something unemployed losers who live with their momma. Or gramma.
            Yeah, i have been wondering for some time how the seditionist lifestyle was being funded. It was so easy to overlook the obvious. Who knew that GoFundMe could be such a great tool for the wealthy to try to overthrow democracy by sponsoring the mentally unstable.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Yeah, i have been wondering for some time how the seditionist lifestyle was being funded. It was so easy to overlook the obvious. Who knew that GoFundMe could be such a great tool for the wealthy to try to overthrow democracy by sponsoring the mentally unstable.
              That is a very good description of it.

Comment

• So one Qanon Republican representative is tweeting about Pelosi’s whereabouts while the seditionists are inside the building and another, along with a bunch of other right wingers, is laughingly refusing masks even when offered by a conscientious colleague. I think the COVID count is now up to three. Rep. Jayapal is super pissed about contracting the virus and being locked in with “Republican lawmakers who cruelly and selfishly refused to wear masks.”

She went on to say, “Only hours after President Trump incited a deadly assault on our Capitol, our country, and our democracy, many Republicans still refused to take the bare minimum COVID-19 precaution and simply wear a damn mask in a crowded room during a pandemic — creating a superspreader event on top of a domestic terrorist attack.”

That party is not salvageable.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                  So one Qanon Republican representative is tweeting about Pelosi’s whereabouts while the seditionists are inside the building and another, along with a bunch of other right wingers, is laughingly refusing masks even when offered by a conscientious colleague. I think the COVID count is now up to three. Rep. Jayapal is super pissed about contracting the virus and being locked in with “Republican lawmakers who cruelly and selfishly refused to wear masks.”

She went on to say, “Only hours after President Trump incited a deadly assault on our Capitol, our country, and our democracy, many Republicans still refused to take the bare minimum COVID-19 precaution and simply wear a damn mask in a crowded room during a pandemic — creating a superspreader event on top of a domestic terrorist attack.”

That party is not salvageable.
                  As well she should be. You can go to prison for knowingly giving someone an STI. There should be consequences if you know you have a highly contagious airborne illness and refuse to protect those around you by wearing a mask in a confined space for a prolonged period of time. This could kill them. It happens, as they are well aware from their 41 year old colleague that just died of it. The idiocy and selfishness is beyond my comprehension. How pissed would any of you be if you had unprotected sex with someone and found out they knew they had an STI? Even if they did not know, they knew they could have been exposed earlier and could be exposing others in that moment and still refused to wear a mask when asked by those forced to be in that space with them. Total scum.

Comment

• "So one Qanon Republican representative is tweeting about Pelosi’s whereabouts"

the delusion is real, fellas - even if the claim is not (see Post 207). one (loony) House member was among many members who tweeted at the time that Pelosi had to leave the House chambers. the rest is just fevered imagination - led by one particularly fevered (and false) claim here that the House member was providing basically a play-by-play of Pelosi's location, hoping that Trump supporters found and killed Pelosi.

if I have learned one thing about this thread, it is this: one group of suckers who fell for anything they were told is being replaced by another one.

the "bipartisan" part is that for both groups, truth is - well, "inconvenient," to coin a phrase.

it's not enough that the nutty House member spouts all sorts of nonsense. no, the real dop(e)amine gets released by selling something far more insidious - and the sheep go right along with it.

so far, the left gets to say, "hey, at least we didn't break into the Capitol building." very true.

but anyone who thinks the seeds are not, even now, being sewn for a new kind of batshit crazy outburst is not paying attention.

the most important hurdle for any propagandist to overcome is to get followers to stop caring about what's true, and what isn't.

that hurdle, as evidenced here, has been overcome. look at what gets criticized and mocked here - not phony claims, but accurate information.

the rest, therefore, may be relatively easy.
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Even your link acknowledges it was partially true. While she didn't post Pelosi's exact location (which she probably didn't even know), she did save them the time of finding that out on their own. Your sanctimonious holier-than-thou schtick is completely ridiculous and our collective mockery has nothing to do with groupthink but rather with your own continued behavior. Your constant refrain for the rest of us to "look in the mirror" seems to have completely escaped you.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        Even your link acknowledges it was partially true. While she didn't post Pelosi's exact location (which she probably didn't even know), she did save them the time of finding that out on their own. Your sanctimonious holier-than-thou schtick is completely ridiculous and our collective mockery has nothing to do with groupthink but rather with your own continued behavior. Your constant refrain for the rest of us to "look in the mirror" seems to have completely escaped you.
                        Do yourself a favor and don't even both reading what the clown writes. I stopped reading his posts several pages back. Once you see that ridiculously formatted message with single sentence paragraph after single sentence paragraph, just skip the post. It'll do everyone a favor if we just ignore him. He's shown that he's a clown, why would you spend your time reading the posts?

If there's anything that 2020/2021 has taught us, is that you can't "fix" the deranged. For all the "logic" that was likely attempted by friends and family of those Trumpies, they still stormed the Capital Building.

Now if you want to post clown pics, as his post deserves, I'm all for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          "So one Qanon Republican representative is tweeting about Pelosi’s whereabouts"

the delusion is real, fellas - even if the claim is not (see Post 207). one (loony) House member was among many members who tweeted at the time that Pelosi had to leave the House chambers. the rest is just fevered imagination - led by one particularly fevered (and false) claim here that the House member was providing basically a play-by-play of Pelosi's location, hoping that Trump supporters found and killed Pelosi.

if I have learned one thing about this thread, it is this: one group of suckers who fell for anything they were told is being replaced by another one.

the "bipartisan" part is that for both groups, truth is - well, "inconvenient," to coin a phrase.

it's not enough that the nutty House member spouts all sorts of nonsense. no, the real dop(e)amine gets released by selling something far more insidious - and the sheep go right along with it.

so far, the left gets to say, "hey, at least we didn't break into the Capitol building." very true.

but anyone who thinks the seeds are not, even now, being sewn for a new kind of batshit crazy outburst is not paying attention.

the most important hurdle for any propagandist to overcome is to get followers to stop caring about what's true, and what isn't.

that hurdle, as evidenced here, has been overcome. look at what gets criticized and mocked here - not phony claims, but accurate information.

the rest, therefore, may be relatively easy.
                          Says the covid denier and right wing apologist.

Your on the wrong side of history here, if it's the hill you choose to die on, that's your choice, you won't be alone.

But die on this hill you shall
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            Says the covid denier and right wing apologist.

Your on the wrong side of history here, if it's the hill you choose to die on, that's your choice, you won't be alone.

But die on this hill you shall
                            I see what you did there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              I see what you did there.
                              And thus the second sign of the apocalypse has appeared
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• This is just too weird. Now I'm starting to wonder if this batshit Republican got her degree from Hoboken Upstairs College of Journalism and Stuff, just like our doughy stepchild here apparently did. Is she being.....wait for it.....roundly mocked for her stupid (and dangerous) posts?

More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                                X