And so it has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    CNN and MSNBC ain't facing lawsuits for being lying propagandists and insurrectionists, nor are they supporting Russia and Putin. Get your #bothsides garbage tf outta here and man up.
    I don't like any of them. CNN and MSNBC lean too far left and Fox leans too far right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
      I don't like any of them. CNN and MSNBC lean too far left and Fox leans too far right.
      If you're trying to say that the Far Left policies and ideology are as bad as the Far Right--You couldn't be more wrong.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        If you're trying to say that the Far Left policies and ideology are as bad as the Far Right--You couldn't be more wrong.
        I respectfully disagree. Both sides are bad on some levels. I happen to disagree with most far left ideology, but not all. For example, abortion. I am for a women's right to do what she wants with her body. I am also for getting vaccinated (not saying only the left is for it). I work in healthcare and I can tell you that over 90% of those being hospitalized are unvaccinated. In order to be civil about this, that is the best way I can express it. I do think however that we all have to learn to co-exist and not constantly be at each others throats becasue we disagree politically.

Comment

I respectfully disagree. Both sides are bad on some levels. I happen to disagree with most far left ideology, but not all. For example, abortion. I am for a women's right to do what she wants with her body. I am also for getting vaccinated (not saying only the left is for it). I work in healthcare and I can tell you that over 90% of those being hospitalized are unvaccinated. In order to be civil about this, that is the best way I can express it. I do think however that we all have to learn to co-exist and not constantly be at each others throats becasue we disagree politically.
          Again, not trying to be contrary, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the fundamental differences are that the Left strives for equity for all, conservation of our environment and assuring every person has what they need to live a healthy/happy life. The right is about denying that equity, profit at any cost (even if it means destroying the environment) and the idea that it's OK for people to starve, be homeless and/or go without healthcare if the can't afford it.

I'm not at your throat, I just like to keep the facts straight and again--if I'm incorrect about these things, please feel free to set me straight.

Edit: There really is no Far Left unless you mean people who are environmental terrorists and or people who think animals should have equal rights like Humans.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            Again, not trying to be contrary, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the fundamental differences are that the Left strives for equity for all, conservation of our environment and assuring every person has what they need to live a healthy/happy life. The right is about denying that equity, profit at any cost (even if it means destroying the environment) and the idea that it's OK for people to starve, be homeless and/or go without healthcare if the can't afford it. I'm not at your throat, I just like to keep the facts straight and again--if I'm incorrect about these things, please feel free to set me straight.
            I'm not going into what will be many back and forth posts, but just to say we disgree politically and that is OK. My best friend John is like you and we stay best friends because we know not to discuss politics.

Comment

I'm not going into what will be many back and forth posts, but just to say we disgree politically and that is OK. My best friend John is like you and we stay best friends because we know not to discuss politics.
              No problem. I understand, however may I ask you then to refrain from making statements you're not willing to discuss/defend?

Again, I might be wrong, but I'm under the impression this is a discussion forum which back and forth posts are a key part of. So to just say something and choose not to engage is contrary to the spirit of the Pen.

You don't have to, but I'd appreciate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

i mean, I agree with you that people should be able to disagree and coexist, but you're posting in a political thread in the sub specifically for discussing such things, called "Hot Topics" so as to let people know that they may want to avoid it if they don't want to debate. Why jump in, post a thought and then be "we should just disagree and not discuss this?"
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I don't see how 90% hospitalizations are unvaccinated. but I would rather believe in anecdotes. but then the countries with the highest vaccine rates have the highest infection rates.

also, I used to believe everything msn or cnn said as gospel. now I don't believe anything they say. it's been like 5 years now that Trump is going to be arrested, any day now! also, censorship, that's bad. it's all the left doing it. are we really for equality? blue cities are rich. can work remotely, less affected by the pandemic, yet first to think everyone can afford to stay home. what i see locally are liberals putting signs on their front yard stating their equality credentials but once my neighbor from Peru wants to build something they all shoot the immigrant down. is there a saying like you can think you can stand for anything if you have enough money. and the path to hell being paved with good intentions but poor execution.

I blame leaded gasoline. McDonalds is the new Exxon. they estimate that everyone born before the 70's lost 2.6 IQ points from leaded gas. so for 80 years this went on while democrats played with ourselves. you know just for fun, I can start a thread and post how most of the daily left headlines are ridiculous and embarrassing.

Comment

• in the movie Invasion of the Body Snatchers the first step in taking over the world is to get the victim to talk about their political beliefs.

Comment

• do female sports teams have cheerleaders? if they don't and if they don't get some than I say men's teams shouldn't have them. it's a sign of inequality that only male teams have cheerleaders.

Comment

• is it just me or is even Roger Stone's appearance disturbing. it's almost cartoonish in a villainess way. with the hat and pointy nose, and beady eye's that seem to gleam with malice, avarice, or lechery. does he have a cane? and then give him a cape. it's stunning. heh

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                          is it just me or is even Roger Stone's appearance disturbing. it's almost cartoonish in a villainess way. with the hat and pointy nose, and beady eye's that seem to gleam with malice, avarice, or lechery. does he have a cane? and then give him a cape. it's stunning. heh
                          He’s been a cartoonish villain since Watergate

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            i mean, I agree with you that people should be able to disagree and coexist, but you're posting in a political thread in the sub specifically for discussing such things, called "Hot Topics" so as to let people know that they may want to avoid it if they don't want to debate. Why jump in, post a thought and then be "we should just disagree and not discuss this?"
                            Maybe sometimes we just want to share our thoughts and not argue. That is ok too. Not sharing seems to be a hot button topic so therefore it belongs here.

I guess Roy could put his thoughts in the Sports Bar and then decline to argue. Would that be acceptable?

I am glad that Roy Hobbs posted his thoughts. I especially agree with this: I respectfully disagree. Both sides are bad on some levels.

I am not interested in now arguing who is less bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              Maybe sometimes we just want to share our thoughts and not argue. That is ok too. Not sharing seems to be a hot button topic so therefore it belongs here.

I guess Roy could put his thoughts in the Sports Bar and then decline to argue. Would that be acceptable?

I am glad that Roy Hobbs posted his thoughts. I especially agree with this: I respectfully disagree. Both sides are bad on some levels.

I understand where you are coming from; that said, do you see how the "both sides" argument can be problematic? Where do you personally draw the line to where it's no longer appropriate to engage the whataboutism tactic?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post

Well, then don't complain when those of us who believe this forum is for discussion/debate have issue with it and voice that issue--vehemently.

Like someone said--I tend to make things end of the world-ish, and though that's not really what I do (I want concrete wrong/right decided if possible)

If you're coming here and posting political stuff you should expect a debate and be prepared to do so.

If not be prepared to take some shit for NOT doing so.

Or just don't post in the Hot Topic forums.

It's that simple.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X