No announcement yet.

And so it has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Knowingly perpetrating a fraud on the United States," or, tell us something we don't already know.

And this criminal traitor is the frontrunner for the GOP again?!?

WASHINGTON — Shortly after the 2020 election, as ballots were still being counted, the top data expert in President Donald J. Trump’s re-election campaign told him bluntly that he was going to lose.

In the weeks that followed, as Mr. Trump continued to insist that he had won, a senior Justice Department official told him repeatedly that his claims of widespread voting fraud were meritless, ultimately warning him that they would “hurt the country.”

Those concerns were echoed by the top White House lawyer, who told the president that he would be entering into a “murder-suicide pact” if he continued to pursue extreme plans to try to invalidate the results of the 2020 election.

Yet Mr. Trump — time and again — discounted the facts, the data and many of his own advisers as he continued to promote the lie of a stolen election, according to hundreds of pages of exhibits, interview transcripts and email correspondence assembled by the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack for a legal filing released late Wednesday.

In laying out the account, the panel revealed the basis of what its investigators believe could be a criminal case against Mr. Trump. At its core is the argument that, in repeatedly rejecting the truth that he had lost the 2020 election — including the assertions of his own campaign aides, White House lawyers, two successive attorneys general and federal investigators — Mr. Trump was not just being stubborn or ignorant about his defeat, he was knowingly perpetrating a fraud on the United States.
    At the core of the theory of a possible criminal case against former President Donald J. Trump is the argument that he knew he had lost the election and sought to overturn it anyway.

Comment

• Here is the Jan 6, 2021 email exchange between Greg Jacob, Mike Pence's top lawyer, and conservative lawyer/hack/traitor John Eastman, who had been advising TFG. Pretty damning stuff:

On January 6 at 12:14 pm ET, as it was becoming increasingly clear that there was a Trump-inspired riot brewing at the US Capitol, Jacob was unequivocal in his rejection of Eastman's theories.

"I have run down every legal trail placed before me to its conclusion, and I respectfully conclude that as a legal framework, it is a results-oriented position that you would never support if attempted by the opposition, and essentially entirely made up," Jacob wrote Eastman. "And thanks to your bullshit, we are now under siege."

To which Eastman responds: "The 'siege' is because YOU and your boss did not do what was necessary to allow this to be aired in a public way so the American people can see for themselves what happened."

In his next response, Jacob drops the hammer: "The advice provided has, whether intended or not, functioned as a serpent in the ear of the President of the United States, the most powerful office in the entire world. And here we are. Respectfully, it was gravely, gravely irresponsible for you to entice the President with an academic theory that had no legal viability, and that you well know we would lose before any judge who heard and decided the case. And if the courts declined to hear it, I suppose it could only be decided in the streets. The knowing amplification of that theory through numerous surrogates, whipping large numbers of people into a frenzy over something with no chance of ever attaining legal force through actual process of law, has led us to where we are."

Eastman went on to say that even if his BS nonsense reached the Supreme Court, it would fail 9-0.

What's so incredibly damning about the Jacob-Eastman email exchange is that Jacobs is utterly convinced that Eastman knows that what he is doing is wrong -- and is doing it anyway, with disastrous consequences for the party.

Comment

• I just can't believe this happened - fuck all these seditionist Republicans so hard. And we know it's a seditious conspiracy that we're dealing with, since the first traitorous white supremacist just pled guilty to that exact charge. That same piece of shit Oathkeeper spent the morning of January 6th with former guy's bagman Roger Stone. Stone, of course, was later pardoned by the former guy (but is still looking at a world of shit for his involvement in the insurrection).
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• What's crazy to me is not that Trump and his gang did this--it's awful and they ought to go to prison--but that 40% of the country (and more than 40% of the U.S. Senate) supported and continues to support them in having done so.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            What's crazy to me is not that Trump and his gang did this--it's awful and they ought to go to prison--but that 40% of the country (and more than 40% of the U.S. Senate) supported and continues to support them in having done so.
            Fox News is poison and Americans are stupid.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              What's crazy to me is not that Trump and his gang did this--it's awful and they ought to go to prison--but that 40% of the country (and more than 40% of the U.S. Senate) supported and continues to support them in having done so.
              Yup, because they believe Former Guy's lies and will go to the grave believing Former Guy's lies. Anyone who says otherwise, even those he installed in their positions, are part of the Deep State or a RINO or are Never Trumpers or lying because they're just out to get Trump.

They believe grainy videos of clearly innocuous activities purporting to show election fraud over his AG saying it was investigated and is total BS.

Can you imagine Watergate (which, by the way, is peanuts compared to this) in this era of social media? Nixon would've never resigned and probably would have been re-elected.

Comment

• Maybe Trump will be president again soon--only in Ukraine...
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  Maybe Trump will be president again soon--only in Ukraine...
                  Trump's continued existence is proving one thing: Super Size Me was NOT a documentary.

Comment

• The GOP just warned the Department of Justice that going after Trump's involvement in the January 6th insurrection would result in a "political war". Roger Stone's driver's plea deal has 'em running scared. But if seeking accountability for a treasonous act of sedition fomented by the GOP at the top levels results in a political war, sign me right the fuck up. Republicans are already beyond salvage anyways.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      The GOP just warned the Department of Justice that going after Trump's involvement in the January 6th insurrection would result in a "political war". Roger Stone's driver's plea deal has 'em running scared. But if seeking accountability for a treasonous act of sedition fomented by the GOP at the top levels results in a political war, sign me right the fuck up. Republicans are already beyond salvage anyways.
                      I have never thought the Dems would step up and go full throttle on going after Trump and the traitors that supported him. I applaud your optimism that they might, but I think they won't, and I think that says a lot about how many skeletons they have in their closets that they would be scared to set "precedents" by standing up for prosecuting traitors. Maybe I am being overly harsh and some just fear the GOP will shut down governing with false accusations and tit for tats. In a better version of our country, all elected officials should agree that efforts to storm the capitol and overturn an election should be condemned and those responsible should be held accountable. But we do not live in that reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        Fox News is poison and Americans are stupid.
                        CNN and MSNBC are poison and just a liberal echo chamber. Maybe most of the media outlets are poison.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                          CNN and MSNBC are poison and just a liberal echo chamber. Maybe most of the media outlets are poison.
                          Pretty timely attempt, just as Fox News is showing unabashed support of Putin and Russia and facing multimillion dollar lawsuits about their lies supporting sedition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                            Pretty timely attempt, just as Fox News is showing unabashed support of Putin and Russia and facing multimillion dollar lawsuits about their lies supporting sedition.
                            Like I said, they are all poison. Where is Walter Cronkite when you need him?

Comment

Sitting in the liberal echo chamber.
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

CNN and MSNBC ain't facing lawsuits for being lying propagandists and insurrectionists, nor are they supporting Russia and Putin. Get your #bothsides garbage tf outta here and man up.

Comment

Working...
                                X