And so it has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    Do the people who answer yes to that kind of survey question really believe that, or is that simply a way of signaling that they are true conservatives and stating which side they are on to the pollster?

If someone were to ask me in a poll which team I thought was going to win the World Series this year, I might be torn between answering with my head and my heart. I can imagine a similar dynamic with this kind of poll question.
    Agreed.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Do the people who answer yes to that kind of survey question really believe that, or is that simply a way of signaling that they are true conservatives and stating which side they are on to the pollster?

If someone were to ask me in a poll which team I thought was going to win the World Series this year, I might be torn between answering with my head and my heart. I can imagine a similar dynamic with this kind of poll question.
      Could probably get more information from Heyelander about how to construct an effective survey but similar surveys bear out similar numbers amongst Republicans:

"In a Politico/Morning Consult poll released Wednesday, respondents were asked "How likely do you think it is that former President Donald Trump will be reinstated as U.S. President this year, if at all?"

Per Mediaite, almost a third of Republican respondents said this possibility is likely.

Nineteen percent of them said it is "very likely" Trump will be reinstated, while another 10 percent said it is "somewhat likely" he will be reinstated.

Republican women were more likely than men to answer the question affirmatively."

"Other polls also suggest that many Republican voters think Trump can and actually will be reinstated to the presidency.

For instance, in a Hill-HarrisX survey that was released in June, 30 percent of Republican respondents said it was "likely" Trump would be reinstated by the end of the year.

Strong majorities of Democrats and independents in the poll described the possibility as "unlikely.""

INQUISITR brings the latest entertainment, political, technology and lifestyle news, along with healthy doses of gossip, trends and humor to a discerning global reader

Links to both polls within the body of that article, if you're interested. Maybe the craziness can be accounted for by Republican virtue signaling to pollsters, but I am skeptical. I think this is a sincerely-held belief for millions.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        Links to both polls within the body of that article, if you're interested. Maybe the craziness can be accounted for by Republican virtue signaling to pollsters, but I am skeptical. I think this is a sincerely-held belief for millions.
        Virtue signaling and wish-casting both, I think. I don't know how you'd avoid that on a poll question like that.

Don't you think if you polled Americans on who was going to win the 2021 World Series, or if X team was likely to win the World Series, that a large number would choose their favorite team rather than the team they rationally thought had the highest chance to win? I believe many people view political poll questions like that now as a question of which team they are rooting for. In terms of predicting how elections will turn out, that still correlates pretty well, but I think it gives complete nonsense on poll questions about beliefs about Trump being reinstated.

If you told me it meant that a third of Republicans want Trump to be reinstalled as President (which is maybe almost as concerning?), that I would be more likely to believe.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Eh, not surprisingly I figured people lie most of the time to Own the Libs on surveys like this.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• A U.S. Attorney from Atlanta, Byung Pak, whose sudden resignation shocked people has testified before the Senate that he did so after it was made clear in a pressure campaign by former guy and former guy's sycophants that he would be fired unless he spread the lie that widespread fraud had flipped the election in Georgia. Pak conducted an investigation and found no evidence of widespread fraud.

Criminal charges against former guy and his people. Now.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• A federal judge ruled today that Dominion Voting Systems’s defamation suits against the Pillow Biter, the corpse of Rudy Giuliani and that Kraken Krackhead can continue.

Comment

• Trumptard motherf----er

"A California man influenced by “QAnon and Illuminati conspiracy theories” confessed to killing his two young children with a spearfishing gun in Mexico because they inherited “serpent DNA” from his wife and “were going to grow into monsters.”

Matthew Taylor Coleman, 40, made the statements to federal investigators after being arrested at the border in the wake of Monday’s double filicide, court documents show.

Coleman was reported missing by his wife on Aug. 7 after he left his Santa Barbara home with his 10-month-old daughter and 2-year-old son without a car seat for the infant and took them to Rosarito, according to the documents.

He allegedly shot them dead through their chests with the spear gun and was arrested by Customs and Border Patrol as he tried to re-enter the US alone two days later, an FBI affidavit said."
                A California man influenced by “QAnon and Illuminati conspiracy theories” confessed to killing his two children with a spearfishing gun in Mexico because they inherited “serpent D…

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Trumptard motherf----er

"A California man influenced by “QAnon and Illuminati conspiracy theories” confessed to killing his two young children with a spearfishing gun in Mexico because they inherited “serpent DNA” from his wife and “were going to grow into monsters.”

Matthew Taylor Coleman, 40, made the statements to federal investigators after being arrested at the border in the wake of Monday’s double filicide, court documents show.

Coleman was reported missing by his wife on Aug. 7 after he left his Santa Barbara home with his 10-month-old daughter and 2-year-old son without a car seat for the infant and took them to Rosarito, according to the documents.

He allegedly shot them dead through their chests with the spear gun and was arrested by Customs and Border Patrol as he tried to re-enter the US alone two days later, an FBI affidavit said."
                  https://nypost.com/2021/08/11/califo...rpent-dna-fbi/
                  He doesn't necessarily have be a Trumpanzee. Just touched....
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• As I was reading this story, I didn't realize that there are people out there who thought V was a true story. Unrelenting Stupidity and Arrogance.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      As I was reading this story, I didn't realize that there are people out there who thought V was a true story. Unrelenting Stupidity and Arrogance.
                      You mean the Will Smith version of I Am Legend isn’t true?
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        You mean the Will Smith version of I Am Legend isn’t true?
                        Except for the talking to Mannequins Part, it's fiction.
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                          He doesn't necessarily have be a Trumpanzee. Just touched....
                          Well, the theory believes Democrats drink children’s blood, so he certainly can’t be Dem, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Well, the theory believes Democrats drink children’s blood, so he certainly can’t be Dem, lol.
                            Not until he drinks children's blood, at least.
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                              Could probably get more information from Heyelander about how to construct an effective survey but similar surveys bear out similar numbers amongst Republicans:

"In a Politico/Morning Consult poll released Wednesday, respondents were asked "How likely do you think it is that former President Donald Trump will be reinstated as U.S. President this year, if at all?"

Per Mediaite, almost a third of Republican respondents said this possibility is likely.

Nineteen percent of them said it is "very likely" Trump will be reinstated, while another 10 percent said it is "somewhat likely" he will be reinstated.

Republican women were more likely than men to answer the question affirmatively."

"Other polls also suggest that many Republican voters think Trump can and actually will be reinstated to the presidency.

For instance, in a Hill-HarrisX survey that was released in June, 30 percent of Republican respondents said it was "likely" Trump would be reinstated by the end of the year.

Strong majorities of Democrats and independents in the poll described the possibility as "unlikely.""

INQUISITR brings the latest entertainment, political, technology and lifestyle news, along with healthy doses of gossip, trends and humor to a discerning global reader

So that means 2/3 don't buy it.

How many of the 1/3 just like to jab dems?

Comment

Virtue signaling and wish-casting both, I think. I don't know how you'd avoid that on a poll question like that.

Don't you think if you polled Americans on who was going to win the 2021 World Series, or if X team was likely to win the World Series, that a large number would choose their favorite team rather than the team they rationally thought had the highest chance to win? I believe many people view political poll questions like that now as a question of which team they are rooting for. In terms of predicting how elections will turn out, that still correlates pretty well, but I think it gives complete nonsense on poll questions about beliefs about Trump being reinstated.

If you told me it meant that a third of Republicans want Trump to be reinstalled as President (which is maybe almost as concerning?), that I would be more likely to believe.
                                Agreed.

I also think that a lot of the 1/3 think of Trump reinstalled is better than any Dem. If Hilary switched sides to repubs they would vote for her as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X