No announcement yet.

And so it has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• or here's where astrophysics and racism get interesting.

the human race blasts into space. well, you know you better have some African americans with you if you are planning on settling in a new world. some members will be immune to the new microbes you encounter and some will not. you won't be able to vaccinate your way out of any problems that come up.

Comment

• what I am trying to say is you'd be trying to save segment of the population at the expense of the other. and with the current crises that is exactly what we are doing. we are injecting young people with an experimental vaccine to save older people.

sometimes you have to make a hard choice and let it go.

racism makes no sense. it's not even an argument in the future, which will be about capitalism and class, or gender. racism is an afterthought in the future.

Comment

• everything that every asshole ever said derogatory about liberals is coming true. I hope you know what you are doing. because it really pains me to think those ugly assholes were right about anything.

Comment

• As a military history major, I used to have this romantic notion of the Confederacy. I really only came to the realization that they were in fact traitors later on. Many fought not for slaves, but for their land and state. Slaveowners were rich, and they didn't fight. In that era, you rarely if ever traveled outside where you lived, so Virginia was god and country to Virginians, and they had no choice but to fight. I respect that.

That said, times have changed. Dramatically. And while Robert E. Lee is still a great general and was a patriot to his state, he was indeed a traitor. And he knew that. And so his military exploits should be celebrated, but only in military museums and in the history books. Other confederate generals who were more heinous should not be celebrated. Remembered for their military exploits, sure, but not celebrated.

Comment

• I used to think that Confederates were racist traitors willing to kill their fellow countrymen to preserve the most heinous institution in human history. I still do, but I used to, too.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              My first apartment was in a Laotian/Cambodian community--they habcih'd Cats. It was a sweet smell, I had two kittens, my pals said I should have used them to get dates in my complex....
              Cambodians are awesome. I was fortunate to work at Corning in electronics and stuff and met some friends. the women are awesome. smart, outgoing, gorgeous. was friends with this 300 pound dude we called ourselves the sporks, and we'd raise 3 fingers like a spork. a lot of those dudes came over here as a result of the Vietnam war. he was all psyched when passed his test and became a citizen. we both went to work at Evergreen Solar making solar panels (which is a nasty business) that company was a story. when that adventure went south I got him a union job making ice cream with one of my friends. that didn't actually work out. but if you are blessed to experience life Cambodians, Brazilians, multi-culturalism is alive and well here in America.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                I used to think that Confederates were racist traitors willing to kill their fellow countrymen to preserve the most heinous institution in human history. I still do, but I used to, too.
                I miss Mitch Hedberg.

Comment

• you shouldn't eat cats though. even 5 years ago I don't think I would be able to hunt deer but if I lived in Alaska and the government allowed me to have a gun, I could shoot a deer now. i'd like to learn how to skin it and make clothes. venison is good for you.

last night my cat brought me some kind of flying squirrel thing. I took it from her and dropped it on the ground to see if it was already dead. this works with chipmunks and rabbits sometimes, but it seemed dead so I went to bed.

you can survive in the wilderness with cats. even if you can't feed them all the time they can get their own food. they'll even bring you live rabbits to breed. but you'll need a dog to keep baby bears from breaking in your Yurt.

Comment

• did you know that deer kill more humans than any other animal. this is my fear of electric cars. they are too quiet. once everyone drives electric cars the road kill ratio goes way up. not to mention blind people being run over. so we will have to put a little bell on the bumper or hood.

Comment

• if you were actually in the wild and a cat brought you something while you were sitting at a fire and you skinned it and cooked it up. that cat would totally go off and bring you anything and everything. that's what they do. but most of the time we just drop it on the ground and hope the impact makes it stop dying or going into shock or playing dead. ..this is why Cesar Millan doesn't know shit.

Comment

I used to think that Confederates were racist traitors willing to kill their fellow countrymen to preserve the most heinous institution in human history. I still do, but I used to, too.
                        It's certainly OK to think that, but the vast majority of Confederate soldiers were not slave owners and fought only for their state. And quite frankly, all white people were racist then, Northerners and Southerners.

Comment

• Robert E. Lee was a traitor. it's true. why is the civil war romantic. I need to find a new hero now.

how about Ferris Bueller 'Not that I condone fascism, or any -ism for that matter. -Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me." Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people'.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            It's certainly OK to think that, but the vast majority of Confederate soldiers were not slave owners and fought only for their state. And quite frankly, all white people were racist then, Northerners and Southerners.
                            Sure, sure…..not all Nazis, good people on both sides, etc etc.

I'm comfortable with my stance.
                            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• that's my stance too. nobody can be saved.

Comment

Sure, sure…..not all Nazis, good people on both sides, etc etc.

I'm comfortable with my stance.
                                Sorry, I didn’t mean to be so blasé in my response but there have been “good people” on the wrong side of many conflicts. Confederates participated to their shame, in my opinion. That shame should never be celebrated. Edit: not saying you were celebrating them, just no love whatsoever for The Lost Cause from me.

Comment

Working...
                                X