President Joseph Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    If they want to compare, they should use accurate numbers. Gas is not averaging under 2 bucks a gallon, and if you can find a 30 year mortgage at 2.25, I'd love to see it. Gas is averaging 2.39 and mortgages jus fell to 2.62% I believe.
    That doesn't fit the narrative.
    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
      North Korea has been under control and has not been testing any missiles.
      Uhhh, what? I mean there's little white lies and then there's the opposite of the truth. There have been more missile tests since 2017 than all years prior. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._missile_tests

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
      ISIS has not been heard from for over 3 years
      Dang, if that's the case why did we kill al-Baghdadi in 2019?

Also, what's all this:

Comment

• Everything was great until they stole the election from us real 'Murcans.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

That doesn't fit the narrative.
          "People can come up with statistics to prove anything. 14% of all people know that."

-Homer Simpson-

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
            And a fossil fuel executive appointed Biden's "Climate Movement Liaison".... who is he liaising? Oh, just between business interests and climate activist orgs. If he approves the Keystone XL pipeline with Canada, that's game over for the planet. I suspect the political climate is too unfeasible to allow it, but I don't doubt he's tempted to push it through.

Spitting in our fucking faces and saying "you feel that on your face, that's RAIN, Jack!" Honestly, anybody. Defend this horseshit. Try.

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2020/11/j...edric-richmond
            It looks like concerns that Biden would approve the Keystone XL pipeline were unfounded, as one of Biden's first 15 EOs was to revoke the permit for it. No one can accuse the old man of not hitting the ground running--literally and figuratively. It was good to see. He had a pep in his step and got right to work today. He won't be the Bernie clone progressives want, but I really believe, if folks are fair and give him a chance and look at what he is going to accomplish with the realization that he is not Sanders, he never claimed to be, and he was not elected to be, they will be pleasantly surprised by what he gets done, and how progressive his agenda is. He has a lot of work ahead of him to just undue the damage Trump did, but it is clear he wants to accomplish more than that. The minimum wage fight alone is something that has stagnated for years and if he gets it done will be a huge boon for millions. Add to that some student loan debt relief, an expansion of medical coverage for those in need, a shift away from the disastrous environmental policies of the Trump admin, among many other things, and by any measure, his admin will have ended up doing a lot of good.

"President Biden on his first day in office took a range of executive actions, including implementing a national mask mandate on federal property, revoking a permit for the Keystone XL oil pipeline and reversing a travel ban from several largely Muslim and African countries, officials said.

“I thought there’s no time to wait. Get to work immediately,” he told reporters, sitting at the Resolute Desk and wearing a mask.

Mr. Biden signed 15 executive orders for his first day in office, far more than any of his modern predecessors, none of whom signed more than one."

Comment

From a friend on FB:

Copied to my timeline so it will come back up in my memories next year.
              Let’s see what happens.

Today is 1 day before Bidens inauguration... Gas is currently $1.95per gallon. Interest rates are 2.25 percent for a 30 year mortgage. The stock market closed at 30829.40 though we have been fighting COVID for 11 months. Our GDP growth for the 3rd Qtr was 33.1 percent. We had the best economy ever until COVID and it is recovering well. We have not had any new wars or conflicts in the last 4 years. North Korea has been under control and has not been testing any missiles. ISIS has not been heard from for over 3 years. The housing market is the strongest it has been in years. Homes have appreciated at an unbelievable rate and sell well. And let’s not forget that peace deals in the Middle East were signed by 4 countries—unprecedented!
              Unemployment sits at 6.7% in spite of COVID.

#Biden is expected to take over on 1-20-21.
              Lets look back next year...

Feel #free to share.
              No death from pandemic stats included?
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Today the world seems much more pleasant than it has been in 4 years.
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Bless you, my children...

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Wait...this is how a president is supposed to deliver information?

Here's the video:
                      Last edited by Pauly; 01-21-2021, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• Hours after reading her poem, "The Hill We Climb" and becoming the youngest inaugural poet in U.S. history, 22-year-old Amanda Gorman's 2 books -- "The Hill We Climb" and "Change Sings" -- clocked in at No. 1 and No. 2, respectively, on Amazon sales. The books won't even be out until September 21 ... everyone's just pre-ordering now.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• have you heard of Topps Now?

for a few years they have been selling - for 24 hours only - a card commemorating a huge event like a no-hitter (I got 2 Bartolo Colon HR cards).

apparently they have a small set for the inauguration, and the poet is one of the cards. apparently shivering Bernie, too, but that must have sold out already.

UPDATE: The Bernie card, at least, is available for 6 more days for $9.99
                          Last edited by Judge Jude; 01-21-2021, 09:50 PM.
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Boy, it's nice to have a President who cares about all Americans -- Democrat or Republican(!!) -- and isn't using a press conference to bash enemies or using theatrics to gin up ratings.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Boy, it's nice to have a President who cares about all Americans -- Democrat or Republican(!!) -- and isn't using a press conference to bash enemies or using theatrics to gin up ratings.
                              Maybe, but the market went down 179 points. If Trump was still president it would have gone up a billion today.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                                Maybe, but the market went down 179 points. If Trump was still president it would have gone up a billion today.
                                that's zillion, with a Z
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X