Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's going on in Nawlins???
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Just got back from the food store. Is everyone here having pasta for dinner? Sure seemed like it.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I decided to buy a gun today. Figured now was the time if I ever was going to buy one. I was amazed how unbelievably easy it was, and the forms needed were bordering on the ridiculous. One of the questions was “Are you a drunkard.” I’m not kidding.

When I sign up a new financial advisory client, they need 5x more forms and information than what was needed to walk away, in 30 minutes, with a brand new pistol and concealed carry permit.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          Just got back from the food store. Is everyone here having pasta for dinner? Sure seemed like it.
          Pasta with a side of toilet paper. Mmmmmm.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            I decided to buy a gun today. Figured now was the time if I ever was going to buy one. I was amazed how unbelievably easy it was, and the forms needed were bordering on the ridiculous. One of the questions was “Are you a drunkard.” I’m not kidding.

When I sign up a new financial advisory client, they need 5x more forms and information than what was needed to walk away, in 30 minutes, with a brand new pistol and concealed carry permit.
            I wonder how many people answer yes tonthe question
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              Only the drunkards

Comment

There were other questions that I’m just not sure how the powers that be could check:
                - have you ever renounced your citizenship
                - do you plan on shooting someone

It’s kind of like asking a criminal “are you planning on committing a crime?” No? Oh, OK then!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Only the drunkards
                  Should i say no ?
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Should i say no ?
                    It depends, do you want a drunkard to have a gun?

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                      Pasta with a side of toilet paper. Mmmmmm.
                      I think they are boiling the pasta in lysol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        It depends, do you want a drunkard to have a gun?
                        Me or some other drunkard ?
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          There were other questions that I’m just not sure how the powers that be could check:
                          - have you ever renounced your citizenship
                          - do you plan on shooting someone

It’s kind of like asking a criminal “are you planning on committing a crime?” No? Oh, OK then!
                          PA or NY? Hand gun, rifle or shotgun? Personal protection or hunting in case the food system collapses?

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            I think they are boiling the pasta in lysol.
                            Smart. You can’t be too careful these days.

Comment

Man, I hope he is right. This is pretty much echoes talking points from the Republicans at work. It won't be long before we know the truth

Conservative commentator Rush Limbaugh said he thinks the coronavirus is being sensationalized to hurt President Trump.As the stock market falls amid the spread of the virus, Limbaugh claimed that the outbreak was being used to "bring down" Trump, dismissing the virus's symptoms on Monday. "Folks, this coronavirus thing, I want to try to put this

As the stock market falls amid the spread of the virus, Limbaugh claimed that the outbreak was being used to "bring down" Trump, dismissing the virus's symptoms on Monday.

"Folks, this coronavirus thing, I want to try to put this in perspective for you. It looks like the coronavirus is being weaponized as yet another element to bring down Donald Trump. Now, I want to tell you the truth about the coronavirus ... The coronavirus is the common cold, folks," he claimed.
                              How would anyone listen to this asshole at this point ? How does he have any credibility at all ? Fuck that guy. But I'm sure there is some great explanation about how he is right about this.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• for NY/NJ folks: you know I am not the alarmist type, and yes I'm still not panicking.

but I am close to someone who is on those high-level medical calls these days and.... it's not good. privately, they already say even more emphatically today what Gov Cuomo suggested: we're not going to have enough medical beds and staff in the area over the next couple of weeks.

we'll see how dramatically the benefit of the just-issued closure orders will be 30 days from now - it will help a lot, obviously, but still maybe not enough.

if you know someone who is still commuting to work on buses or trains - or even commuting into NYC at all - please tell them to stop immediately. lie to their bosses if they have to. and don't pick now to come up with any other injury or ailment because...

some states may be seen to have overreacted, in retrospect, months from now (or not).

spoiler alert: NY and NJ were too slow, as experts now say is all but certain to play out by the end of this week, or next week (there will be plenty of blame to go around - but for now we need to focus).

sorry to seem like Debbie Downer, but this seems way too important not to share.

be safe out there, NY/NJ! (and everyone else, too. outside of the aforementioned WV, anyway.)
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X