Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    It depends. I think the more it spreads, the more concerned people become, the more likely that they take the appropriate actions.

Hell I'd love to stay in my house for a month with my family. Staycations are the best
    Yeah, predictions are probably not ver good at this point. Bit will likely require some changes to contain this
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

But we already see it occurring really - in China they have quarantined and the spread has tapered off. And all around I'm reading about conferences and events cancelled. In Italy they are playing soccer with no one in the stands. People are adjusting.
      I do agree it would be interesting to see how the prediction squares with what is going on in China. Is he expecting another explosion in cases over there ?
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        I do agree it would be interesting to see how the prediction squares with what is going on in China. Is he expecting another explosion in cases over there ?
        Or are the comtainment strategies in china not viable in the rest of the world ?
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• well i am glad i wasn't suspend. i thought about when i said i have no real answers. and i wondered where it came from. and i thought that song from the dave mathews band..

but it's a lot more than that for me. i just watched the new remake of the call of the wild with my stray cat on my bed. i think about my last summer raising a pitbull boxer and getting screwed by everyone in my life while i was trying to set out by myself.

that's a really good movie btw. but i do have some answers. but when you don't think i do, it's like i am quaint. one of the reasons i never liked freeman dyson. the first time he met einstien he called him quaint.

i was raised by animals. it's my birthright. when i was adopted and brought home my dog said, did they pick you up from a pound and a shelter like me? i had a lot of things to learn this summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
            well i am glad i wasn't suspend.
            good to have you back!

Comment

good to have you back!
              thanks. sorry about that. hope you are ok. i am a drunk. but i am trying to get things together. i really do recommend that remake of the call of the wild. nature is a good thing.

Comment

• Wow, I mean...no that's it...wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor
                  when you die they say they can't take it with you. but if you try a little you can leave that goodwill behind to help others.
                  I like how you ended this post better than the last.
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                    I like how you ended this post better than the last.
                    I would say it can’t get much worse but.....

(I kid I kid)

Comment

• Here's the fear factor in San Diego, The Homeless. There's a large population of Homeless in SD, mostly gathered in downtown and the beaches--places where Tourists regularly go (downtown also is home to cruise ship docking and the Airport) They don't have regular access to healthcare, are among the most susceptible to any illness, let alone The CV-19 (compromised immune system, elderly) I'm sure the concern is similar in many CA cities with large Homeless population.

I hope they find a vaccine soon and get it out to everyone who might need it for free

If there's going to be a real body count because of this thing, I believe we'll see it there--On the Street and should that happen--there will indeed be collateral damage out into the rest of the city.
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                        Here's the fear factor in San Diego, The Homeless. There's a large population of Homeless in SD, mostly gathered in downtown and the beaches--places where Tourists regularly go (downtown also is home to cruise ship docking and the Airport) They don't have regular access to healthcare, are among the most susceptible to any illness, let alone The CV-19 (compromised immune system, elderly) I'm sure the concern is similar in many CA cities with large Homeless population.

I hope they find a vaccine soon and get it out to everyone who might need it for free

If there's going to be a real body count because of this thing, I believe we'll see it there--On the Street and should that happen--there will indeed be collateral damage out into the rest of the city.
                        Seattle has a huge homeless population too. It appears that tens of thousands of Seattle area employees are going to be directed to work from home soon. Many already are.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I know sh!t is getting serious in NYC because now even white people have started wearing face masks on the subway.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                            I know sh!t is getting serious in NYC because now even white people have started wearing face masks on the subway.
                            You went on the subway?!? I was specifically instructed by the missus to walk unless absolutely necessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                              You went on the subway?!? I was specifically instructed by the missus to walk unless absolutely necessary.
                              I'd have to walk from Port Authority Bus Terminal to Long Island City, Queens. And NYC government employees still aren't allowed to work from home (without losing a day of sick time or annual leave).

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                                I'd have to walk from Port Authority Bus Terminal to Long Island City, Queens. And NYC government employees still aren't allowed to work from home (without losing a day of sick time or annual leave).
                                Oh right, I know where you work. And, promise, you're not being billed for this conversation

Comment

Working...
                                X