Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    This is my other go-to site:

and they have 2259 cases and 72 deaths for Nevada.

That site sometimes follows the official state totals and sometimes aggregates from the county-level data themselves.
    Yeah, that's a good site w detailed info. I'll start using it more.

Comment

• So apparently Trump talking about opening things up sooner rather than later. Seems waaaaaayyyyy to early to even be thinking about that. We have more new cases every day than total identified cases from a few weeks ago
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        So apparently Trump talking about opening things up sooner rather than later. Seems waaaaaayyyyy to early to even be thinking about that. We have more new cases every day than total identified cases from a few weeks ago
        Yeah, I saw this coming. He is like a kid waiting for the water park to open. No doubt he lifts things federally before it is ideal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Yeah, I saw this coming. He is like a kid waiting for the water park to open. No doubt he lifts things federally before it is ideal.
          CNN headlines are quite optimistic touting the lowered death predictions. Wish they wouldnt do that, i think it is misleading and potentially very counterproductive
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            CNN headlines are quite optimistic touting the lowered death predictions. Wish they wouldnt do that, i think it is misleading and potentially very counterproductive
            Another interesting question is how well the main stream media reported on this and how much are they accustomed to just echoing what comes out of the people who have power in Washington?
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• 15 hours since the last CV post!

Will be a glorious day when this thread disappears. We should have a chart of post counts to see where we are on the curve.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                15 hours since the last CV post!

Will be a glorious day when this thread disappears. We should have a chart of post counts to see where we are on the curve.
                Dang, I was hoping for 24 hours but you ruined it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Dang, I was hoping for 24 hours but you ruined it.
                  I know....my bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                    I know....my bad.
                    Dammit, you did it again. How are we ever going to get to 24 hours with your constant posting! Geesh.

Comment

• US just passed Spain for 2nd most # of CV deaths . Will be #1 soon.
                      Last edited by rhd; 04-09-2020, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                        US just passed Spain for 2nd most # of CV cases . Will be #1 soon.
                        In deaths, you mean?
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

We have what I would consider the first really good news in this whole thing, a huge drop in new cases out of New York yesterday (reported today).

New cases per day in New York over the last 14 days:
                          The revised numbers from yesterday are not nearly so promising. And the numbers reported today are high, too. I don't know why the initial report from NY yesterday was so low.

Yesterday's revised new case number is 10,693 instead of 3548, and the new case number reported today is 8766. So I'm not sure we've seen the peak yet in New York.
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Big drop in new cases in the Louisiana report as well, to 746.
                            Louisiana with 1253 new cases reported today. That's up from yesterday but not at the 1600-1700 level we were seeing at the peak over the previous week, so I'm a little more hopeful the Louisiana peak is more real than the New York one I thought we saw yesterday. I should know better than to trust one-day numbers.

Comment

In deaths, you mean?
                              Right, sorry. Fixed now.

Comment

• Stanford is doing a study to see if California's numbers are lower than expected because--They may have been exposed to it long before the rest of the country all the way back in the fall. Citing the fact the flu season was perceived to come early, Calif had 8K Chinese visitors from China daily, may direct flights from Wuhan, the Chinese Govt keeps backdating the date of the original outbreak which now stands at Nov 17th and that Cali is the#1 destination of tourists from China. They've hypothesized that we've had this around for months and have developed more or a herd immunity and if so will have the antibodies needed to procure a vaccine. they have already tested 3500 people for the study. it should be interesting to see if this is indeed the case.
                                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X