Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Yes, that is his other greatest role. Let's focus on those two and forget he was ever batman .
    Chris McKnight in Real Genius was pretty damn special too.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
      Another thing that I havent posted much about here is China's actions in this. I think the CCP regime is the most evil, despicable and dangerous regime I've seen in my lifetime. It has nothing to do w communism per se; it's a totalitarian regime's insatiable desire for power and their willingness to brutalize and murder their own citizens and exploit the rest of the world to achieve it. This virus outbreak began in China and by trying to ignore it and cover it up they've spread it to every corner of the world. There is evidence that the virus began in a lab very close to the wet market in Wuhan where it is considered the first case occurred https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpQFCcSI0pU. Now, China is trying to play the hero, saying that they are the savior of the world. They've even written a book about it now in which they blame the virus on the US, saying it was created by the US military and brought to China by US military personnel last year https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC-HL2Ni8Zo. Never mind that a lot of the supposed "help" they are providing to other countries is faulty equipment. Some of the medical supplies they are now providing to other countries was donated to them to try to help contain their outbreak which they are now selling back instead of donating it. The pandemic is going to be bad enough as it is but to not hold China accountable for what they've done would be even worse.
      Great post, post of the month contest is over already.

btw - I learned something today, didnt realize 150F was enough to kill a virus. This thing is going to die in Houston this summer!
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
        Great post, post of the month contest is over already.

btw - I learned something today, didnt realize 150F was enough to kill a virus. This thing is going to die in Houston this summer!
        Yep, the MAGAts have found their scapegoat.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Val Kilmer's greatest role imo.
          Easily from the movies I've seen him in but never saw Mr Mojo Risin.
          Last edited by fuhrdog; 04-02-2020, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• Jim Edmonds tests positive for coronavirus

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              Encouraging herd immunity still being promoted....

The @USNavy should encourage herd immunity for crews on aircraft carriers in the western Pacific, rather than quarantine sailors ashore who need to be ready for action in the South China Sea, a defense expert and ex Navy warship captain said Wednesday.
              I suspect there may be more issues like this and the Navy and Pentagon will not like it publicized.

---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• San Diego to implement Mandatory face coverings starting this weekend. It will begin with all those who are still working and MUST be out and a strong recommendation to everyone who is erranding out of their house. I anticipate it will become mandatory for everyone soon enough.
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  San Diego to implement Mandatory face coverings starting this weekend. It will begin with all those who are still working and MUST be out and a strong recommendation to everyone who is erranding out of their house. I anticipate it will become mandatory for everyone soon enough.
                  I dont have any facts or data (nor does anyone from what i can tell) but i think this is the right policy
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I dont have any facts or data (nor does anyone from what i can tell) but i think this is the right policy
                    If nothing else it may keep people inside because they dont want to wear a mask....and it will possibly decrease the spread of the virus from the physical barrier
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

If nothing else it may keep people inside because they dont want to wear a mask....and it will possibly decrease the spread of the virus from the physical barrier
                      I have no problem wearing masks. Have you been able to find any? Everything I see online takes weeks to ship. We may not know how effective they are, but they have some positive impact, especially for those who may have this and are out and about because they don't know they have it yet. The more people who can wear them, the better, but the problem is finding them.

Comment

• There's a NY Times map just published which shows what counties are staying inside and which are traveling as the normally do, it's almost an identical map to how the US votes if you overlay them--with Democrats observing protocols and Republicans blowing them off.

Not saying this is an exact science, but it's a pretty interesting coincidence.
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I have no problem wearing masks. Have you been able to find any? Everything I see online takes weeks to ship. We may not know how effective they are, but they have some positive impact, especially for those who may have this and are out and about because they don't know they have it yet. The more people who can wear them, the better, but the problem is finding them.
                          They're asking that you NOT use surgical or the 959 masks, but rather close knit cloth, like a bandana.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Even a bandana or cut up t-shirt is probably helpful. Lots of stuff on youtube if you want to figure out how to make a homemade mask. I'll post some links in a bit.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• My wife is making ours, using my old dress shirts

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                There's a NY Times map just published which shows what counties are staying inside and which are traveling as the normally do, it's almost an identical map to how the US votes if you overlay them--with Democrats observing protocols and Republicans blowing them off.

Not saying this is an exact science, but it's a pretty interesting coincidence.
                                Our Governor is not considering a stay at home order, in fact...here in Iowa people flew in from all over the country for a horse auction yesterday. It is almost impossible to get tested here so amazingly our numbers are not as high as some. We are an essential industry so still working. I'm one of very few at my job that thinks this is an actual pandemic and not a political stunt to hurt the President. Unreal at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X