Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    I've been able to track sex for about half of the non-NY/NJ cases in the US. So far it's running 51% female and 49% male in that sample of 9000 cases.
    Hm, outside of the state of Washington, which is the only state to report the sex breakdown of fatalities, the deaths seem heavily weighted toward men. I wonder what was different in Washington. I have started tabulating the other states based on individual death announcements, which won't work for the larger states but does give me some sense of the trends.

Washington: 48 men, 59 women
    Elsewhere, tabulated so far: 72 men, 35 women
    Last edited by Kevin Seitzer; 03-24-2020, 12:09 PM.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I've been able to track sex.
      That's some good use of your quarantine time....

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        Seattle growth is appearing close to linear at this point and we have been slowly increasing isolation for the last 10 days or so. So hopefully more improvement. Of course the undetected cases could change that significantly. But i try to be hopeful when i am not raging mad.
        We're all going back to work next week though, right? That's going to help the numbers for sure.

Comment

• Another update. Last stats were from 3/21 at 11:54 PM, about 2 1/2 days ago:

- 46,583 cases in US, up from 26,794, a 74% increase. That's a much smaller increase than last time (183%). New York state has about 9 times more cases than any other state w 25,665 and that figure is more than twice the total from last time. That's over half the total for the entire country. New Jersey has now passed Washington for 2nd most # of cases w 2844.
          - 593 deaths in US, up from 344, a 72% increase which is a much smaller increase than last time (122%). New York now has zoomed past Washington for the most # of deaths, 183 to 110.
          - 399,829 cases worldwide, up from 310,895, a 29% increase which is a smaller increase than last time (42%). 318,649 of these are outside of mainland China, up from 230,159, a 38% increase, which is a much smaller increase than last time (66%).
          - 17,388 deaths worldwide, up from 13,070, a 33% increase which is a smaller increase than last time (46%). 14,111 deaths are outside of China, up from 9809, a 44% increase which is the same rate of increase as last time but in a shorter time period so this rate has increased. Italy now has almost 100% more deaths than China's reported deaths and is quickly approaching China's # of cases, 65,927 to 81,180. Again, China has reported only 16 more deaths since last time. Many think that China will have a 2nd wave of cases now that they've ended their lockdowns and are directing people to go back to work, but who knows how many of these new cases they will report.
          - 196 countries/territories/etc. have confirmed cases w suspected cases in 2 others (North Korea, Laos), up from 188. There are only about 20-25 countries that have not reported deaths.

The rates of increase still seem mostly to be slowing. NYC continues to get really bad and the US cases continue to soar compared to most other countries. US may have the most cases of any country very soon. Currently they're behind only China (81,180) and Italy (63,927). They'll certainly pass China in the next few days.

Comment

Hm, outside of the state of Washington, which is the only state to report the sex breakdown of fatalities, the deaths seem heavily weighted toward men. I wonder what was different in Washington.
            well, I believe roughly 40 pct pf the WA deaths were from the same nursing home, and those of course skew female.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
              We're all going back to work next week though, right? That's going to help the numbers for sure.
              Will i also have to shower and brush my teeth again ? I have forgotten what that is like
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                well, I believe roughly 40 pct pf the WA deaths were from the same nursing home, and those of course skew female.
                A reported 37 of the 111 coronavirus deaths in Washington state are related to the Life Care Center in Kirkland. I can find sex info on 35 of them: 13 men and 22 women. That would leave 35 men and 37 women who died from coronavirus In Washington and were not associated with the Life Care Center.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Will i also have to shower and brush my teeth again ? I have forgotten what that is like
                  I can smell you from here.

Comment

The bigger concern is putting on pants. Is it both legs at once or one at a time? That’s going to be troublesome.

Comment

The bigger concern is putting on pants. Is it both legs at once or one at a time? That’s going to be troublesome.
                      What are pants?
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

What are pants?
                        On a more serious note we desperately need a bill that will provide money to those losing jobs or unable to work from home.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          I can smell you from here.
                          I disagree.

Comment

I disagree.
                            Loss of the sense of smell is one of the symptoms.

Comment

Exactly. Feral is providing a public service by confirming who doesn't have the virus from > 6 feet away!

Comment

Now you've got me worried. I need one of my kids to take a dump right now to confirm that I'm still okay in that regard.

Comment

Working...
                                X