Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Triggered. If you arent usually dumb, your blaming Democrats for that terrible stimulus not passing is dumb.
    GOP Senate Bill is 500 page and gets money to Americans quickly.
    Democrats House Bill is 1100 pages filled with stuff that couldn’t pass on its own so it needs to be tied to a tragedy funding bill.
    But yeah, both sides are to blame.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
      GOP Senate Bill is 500 page and gets money to Americans quickly.
      Democrats House Bill is 1100 pages filled with stuff that couldn’t pass on its own so it needs to be tied to a tragedy funding bill.
      But yeah, both sides are to blame.
      Sad to see even THIS is becoming Partisan and though usually I agree with you Nots, I just can't this time--nor the way you're handling yourself and for ME to say that well, I'm the bellwether for egregious shit and neither DMT nor Mith deserve those responses.

CBB, glad to see you haven't changed. No Messin with Texass!
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        Sad to see even THIS is becoming Partisan and though usually I agree with you Nots, I just can't this time--nor the way you're handling yourself and for ME to say that well, I'm the bellwether for egregious shit and neither DMT nor Mith deserve those responses.

CBB, glad to see you haven't changed. No Messin with Texass!
        If I implied you were dumb, I think you would probably have a similar response. Actually, it probably would have been a lot worse.

Comment

• Reading this thread is what I imagine a meeting in congress is like

Comment

• Joe Manchin was outraged by this bill, and that's evidence enough that there was no attempt by McConnell to make this bi-partisan. nots throwing a hissy fit just reveals him for the partisan hack that we knew he was all along.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Joe Manchin was outraged by this bill, and that's evidence enough that there was no attempt by McConnell to make this bi-partisan. nots throwing a hissy fit just reveals him for the partisan hack that we knew he was all along.
              Partisan hack, lol. Look in the mirror. If Schumer had proposed this, you would have been 100% on board. Your fiscal concerns aren’t fooling anyone (except maybe Mith).

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                If I implied you were dumb, I think you would probably have a similar response. Actually, it probably would have been a lot worse.
                I think you were actually being given credit for being smart, the situation in Congress is as FD said--both sides playing with the lives of the people for gain, yes I think the GOP has a bigger vested interest in Corporations over people and 500 billion carte blanch? You wouldn't give Sanders that would you?

Again, saying you can't be that dumb shows, to me, is an expectation that you are smart and should acknowledge the game that's being played rather than, as it seemed with your response, just being partisan.

BTW, you can get worse with me, I can handle it--the question is--Can you?
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Any way we can take the ad hominem stuff to PMs and stick to information on this thread? There's a lot of good information you guys are posting, and it was very useful until the last couple pages? Or maybe start a separate thread about whose fault it is that bills aren't getting through and leave this one to just the news? Just some ideas!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    Any way we can take the ad hominem stuff to PMs and stick to information on this thread? There's a lot of good information you guys are posting, and it was very useful until the last couple pages? Or maybe start a separate thread about whose fault it is that bills aren't getting through and leave this one to just the news? Just some ideas!
                    I disagree...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                      I disagree...
                      OK Feral how did you get GITH's password

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        OK Feral how did you get GITH's password
                        Took me about 4 tries:

IheartBernie....nope
                        BernitDown....nope
                        DragufromanSUV....nope

I dont feel right sharing my 4th guess and the correct answer though
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• i thought these graphs were interesting showing perhaps worst case scenario if shelter in place isn't done for the next 3 months in each state. https://covidactnow.org/ says 500k would die in each california and texas, 140k in massachusetts. i was expecting Baker to issue a 14 day shelter in place today but instead we're closing all non essentials. so i went out and made another food run. i think i have like 4 months of food maybe more.

i don't really see it as hoarding. the shelves are restocked every night. and i went to 4 different stores and spread it out. i have about 7 rolls of paper towels. at walmart it was one per customer and dollar store 4. price rite was completely sold out. interestingly, people bought a lot of water purifier stuff. i had been wanting to get pur jug this year but kept forgetting. i'll just boil water i guess. the propane place had their gates closed so i had to go to walmart. have 4 20pound tanks for my buddy heater. so with warmer spring weather around the corner that's good.

a lot of people were wearing face masks and gloves. i never thought i'd see that. but it was mostly normal. still massachusetts is right at the point it's about to take off if it does with like 600 infections and rising. i heard some stores had tape on the floor and police watching everyone kept a certain distance but not any where i went. do you notice that a lot of stores there's not as much isle space as there used to be. going to walmart you can always count on people blocking your way. i am not sure when this happened. but less isle space for people means more space for merchandise. i kind of felt bad for the cashiers and workers. they had a fatal look about them like they were resigned to the point they were going to catch the virus. i think i'd rather be working though. unless you could collect unemployment.

i am not worried about myself catching anything as i am about giving it to older people near me. that's why i am hoarding sort of. making sure i have enough for food for him and staying put so i don't bring something back from going out and infecting someone sheltering near me. i got the old guy here 27 TV dinners. he can only eat one a day because of the sodium but he likes those. if he gets it from any of the old timers that come by here like clockwork i can't do anything about it. but as long as i stay put it's not going to come from me.

the most challenging thing for me is having to wash my hands and be clean. even with a deadly virus going around i still can't do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            Took me about 4 tries:

IheartBernie....nope
                            BernitDown....nope
                            DragufromanSUV....nope

I dont feel right sharing my 4th guess and the correct answer though
                            my guess is it would be baseball related and something to do the the Padres.

Comment

• Pretty Grim.

I can’t overstate this:

Lombardia, Madrid & New York all on worse trajectories than Wuhan. London may be but we don’t have the data.

Wuhan remained locked down for two months.

Huge Western cities could stay locked down for months because they acted too slowly.
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                Pretty Grim.

I can’t overstate this:

Lombardia, Madrid & New York all on worse trajectories than Wuhan. London may be but we don’t have the data.

Wuhan remained locked down for two months.

Huge Western cities could stay locked down for months because they acted too slowly.
                                First my password is something no one would have guessed--MAGA

Second, a new outbreak of the same pathogen is being reported by a doctor in Beijing. Apparently someone who was out of country returned and infected someone and so the cycle continues.

Third, that GOP bill allowed Trumps properties to get loans, but not places like Planned Parenthood. It also had NO devices to prove need or transparency to where the 500 Billion would be used or how it would be ladled out. But other than the fact it was a total GOP boondoggle to get free money for the rich (again) it was pretty good!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X