• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saints HC Sean Payton diagnosed with the virus

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      But wait, you’re describing it!
      I'm not smart enough to design a bio weapon, I'd be the first to go
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• The Bergamo province in Italy (just northeast of Milan), has a population of 1.2 million.
        As of Wednesday, they have 1959 confirmed dead due to Coronavirus.

Actual death toll is much higher - they can only count those confirmed, meaning those who died at a hospital
        Per the mayor of the *town* of Bergamo (located in the province):
        "[Giorgio Gori, mayor of the town of Bergamo] said there had been 164 deaths in his town in the first two weeks of March this year, of which 31 were attributed to the coronavirus. That compares with 56 deaths over the same period last year. " Even adding the 31 coronavirus deaths to that total would leave 77 additional deaths, an increase that suggests the virus may have caused significantly more deaths than officially recorded.

This is a modern area with wealth. Rome would be far less equipped, Naples moreso.
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          You are missing it.

His point was that those people that are out are going to be more likely to be killed by the virus, so your statement of "Too bad there's not a virus that attacks the stupid and/or willfully ignorant" is already here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            You are missing it.

His point was that those people that are out are going to be more likely to be killed by the virus, so your statement of "Too bad there's not a virus that attacks the stupid and/or willfully ignorant" is already here.
            I told you I wasn't that smart
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• NJ closing all barbershops, hair salons, and beauty salons to add to the long list of closures.

also I will have to wait a little longer now to get that first tattoo
              Last edited by Judge Jude; 03-19-2020, 06:53 PM.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• We are closing all non-life sustaining in PA by Saturday under threat of penalties from the Gov.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  You are always going to have unknowns. We have ackowledged that. I'm saying put that to the side, that's not even what I'm talking about. All the numbers that come out have unknowns.

I'm talking about the numbers based on the known data. They are using a formula to come up with it. I'm saying that formula makes no sense to me.

Bringing the unknowns back into the conversation doesn't make the formula based on the knowns make any more sense.
                  Originally posted by frae View Post
                  We are closing all non-life sustaining in PA by Saturday under threat of penalties from the Gov.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pittsbu...nsylvania/amp/
                  Martial Law. In the USA. Who woulda thunk it?
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    Martial Law. In the USA. Who woulda thunk it?
                    I blame JD Martinez...…...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• that nursing home that was affected, they said 62 infected and 28 i think died. that's almost 50% morality. average age was 81 and they all probably had severe existing conditions. i don't know if the flu would also be alarming if they got it. but 50 percent! that's ebola mortality. although marburg is 90%. except for rabies i don't think there is a disease with higher mortality. MERS was 30%. SARS 10%. so MERS is pretty scary. both coronaviruses.

i guess this is how it is when something strikes a nursing home. it's horrible but 50% under any condition is unacceptable.

Comment

• i think PHI police issued an order to stop arresting people for theft, drugs and white collar stuff. they just take names and let people go.

so with all the pizza places closed, a thief could go to someones house and order them to make them a pie.

'it makes a pizza and puts it in the basket..'

'it makes a pizza and puts it in the basket..'

'put the fucking pizza in the basket!'

Comment

I was saying me too as I was laughing.

Comment

• Draining that swamp...

NC Sen. Richard Burr dumped his stocks after being briefed about the Corona Virus....

Soon after he offered public assurances that the government was ready to battle the coronavirus, the powerful chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, Richard Burr, sold off a significant percentage of his stocks, unloading between $628,000 and $1.72 million of his holdings on Feb. 13 in 33 separate transactions.

GA Sen Kelly Loeffler also dumped her stock too while also buying back into tele-conferencing stock

Comment

I blame JD Martinez...…...
                              He's not a keeper for me anymore, so you must be right. Out the SUV, I say!!
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Is this illegal or just appallingly immoral? I'm not familiar with the laws of insider trading. It sure seems worse or at least as bad to me than what Martha Stewart went to jail for. They gained knowledge of the economic collapse and held it back as they made moves to not lose their shirts, while the rest of those with stocks/401ks did.

Comment

Working...
                                X