Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Yeah, I already posted that spring break video. I've seen students act like that here too. But as CBB and Revo have subsequently pointed out, that sort of obliviousness is not restricted to college-aged kids. Way too many don't care about this thing enough.
    my BIL is almost 39! However I'm pretty sure he has the mind of a 20 year old considering that his friends are all much younger than him due to his quest to get a girl waaaaay younger than he is.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• thats an interesting drug that I took once for an auto-immune problem that tested positive one month for and the next month negative. So I took Plaquenil/hydroxychloroquine for about a month and it wiped out a few warts I had on my hand which was not at the time what it was used for. Warts are caused by a virus (HPV) so perhaps this drug will have some affect since it already works on different types of viruses. I like this line about Plaquenil on webmd: "it is not known exactly how the drug works."
      Last edited by cardboardbox; 03-19-2020, 11:10 AM.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• The covid19 mortality rate in the US has been dropping, currently 1.62% But if we assume that for every confirmed case there's another unreported case then the mortality rate is 0.81%. +2 is 0.54%

I wish there was a way to tell all the old and sick people to stay inside, have everything they need delivered, and let everyone else carry on with life and get sick and build immunity. To me thats the best way out of this until we have drugs that will work against the virus.

Comment

• except the infection rate of this strain is way too high to do that all at once, as opposed to the flu.

that's the point of 'social distancing' - we have to limit the number of new cases per day to a level that hospitals can manage.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            except the infection rate of this strain is way too high to do that all at once, as opposed to the flu.

that's the point of 'social distancing' - we have to limit the number of new cases per day to a level that hospitals can manage.
            whats the hospitalization rate of under 50 years old? How many under 50 are so mildly sick they dont even bother getting tested and so are unreported? I saw the hospitalization rates yesterday but I'll never find it again...

Comment

• under 50 aren't dying much at all - but some are hospitalized. we don't want them all showing up at once.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Most infected cities/counties in America:

Westchester County, NY, 823 cases per million population
                New Orleans, LA, 364 cases per million
                New York City, NY, 292 cases per million
                King County, WA, 260 cases per million
                San Mateo-Santa Clara County, CA, 94 cases per million
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• per Washington Post today:

A Centers for Disease Control and Prevention analysis of U.S. cases from Feb. 12 to March 16 released Wednesday shows 38 percent of those sick enough to be hospitalized were younger than 55.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Sen. Richard Burr issued a warning at a private event weeks ago to prepare for dire effects from the coronavirus, going further than his more public comments, according to a recording obtained by NPR.

The chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee warned a small group of well-connected constituents three weeks ago to prepare for dire economic and societal effects of the coronavirus, according to a secret recording obtained by NPR.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Well, you have to give the elites time to get money out of the markets and get prepped for this thing before we let the masses know. If the media or the people start too get wise before you want them to, just say all the concerns are really fueled by Democrats and left-leaning media trying to take down poor Donald Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                        This should piss people off like nothing else...talk about 1%-ing

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/18/u...ing-elite.html
                        Not a new thing.
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I am shocked, shocked I tell ya.
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• It's amazing the people who are totally blowing this whole thing off.

Mt brother, the Cop and Trumpie, thinks it's a bunch of Bullshit. handfuls of the folks I used to know/live next to in Idaho think it's a democratic plot to Get Trump. The people I hung around with when I live in Mexico aren't doing much if anything to prevent the spread.

I was worried about those who'd defy rational mandates. Too bad there's not a virus that attacks the stupid and/or willfully ignorant.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              It's amazing the people who are totally blowing this whole thing off.

Mt brother, the Cop and Trumpie, thinks it's a bunch of Bullshit. handfuls of the folks I used to know/live next to in Idaho think it's a democratic plot to Get Trump. The people I hung around with when I live in Mexico aren't doing much if anything to prevent the spread.

I was worried about those who'd defy rational mandates. Too bad there's not a virus that attacks the stupid and/or willfully ignorant.
                              But wait, you’re describing it!

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                It's amazing the people who are totally blowing this whole thing off.

they think that the Dems have murdered over 3400 Italians just to Get Trump ... wow ...
                                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X