No announcement yet.

Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one commenter said that 1984 was a satire. and I once said George Orwell, his name was Eric Blair right? lifted all his material from China's cultural wars. but that can't be right. he served in India. and I don't know what the timelines on those three things are, when the book came out, when China had their cultural wars or when he served in the imperial police in India and had to shoot an elephant.

I would think you could find much better 1984 quotes. but, it's not a bad start, because either way, we are in 1984 territory. are we? or have we always been and it doesn't matter. 1984 is like Hamlet. it can't be explained, you have to see it for yourself.

Comment

• apparently you guys have given up on the covid or vaccine debate.

thus I will be accepting all of your questions at this time. I think this a much better format.

did I not tell you the moment Delta change to Omicron? yes I did. and why nature saved us from changing from a lower respiratory disease to an upper one.

did you know the 3rd leading cause of death in the world today is healthcare.

still accepting new applications to my new cult!

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
        apparently you guys have given up on the covid or vaccine debate.

thus I will be accepting all of your questions at this time. I think this a much better format.

did I not tell you the moment Delta change to Omicron? yes I did. and why nature saved us from changing from a lower respiratory disease to an upper one.

did you know the 3rd leading cause of death in the world today is healthcare.

still accepting new applications to my new cult!
        Did you ever get the vaccination?

Comment

• i never did. i played the statistics. i am 53, i have some heart disease no diabetes i know of, maybe a little. if you are healthy you have less than 1% of dying, if you have diabetes and heart problems you are at 25%. which is scary. but then you factor exposure.

covid fucked up my life socially. i graduated from school 2 years ago but had enough money to pay cheap rent in the country. the only ppl i was exposed when they infrequently came over while i was hibernating in my RV were country folk with strong immune systems. the old guy here was vaccinated. so far he is alive. i learned this from my former sickly cat. healthcare may fuck up in preventive medicine, but once the game is on, they are really good at what they do. you might even say, it's a battle between the vaccinators and internal medicine. the former are winging it, and the latter know what they are doing.

so i waited the whole thing out, waiting to see who is right.

i don't recommend getting any more shots. the virus has changed. i was the first here to state it stopped attacking the lower respiratory system and went upper, and i stated it early. which is good. it combined with a rhinovirus or something. it's a natural evolution of a virus under environmental or selective pressure.

take the meds you are supposed to, it will save your life. make sure you are getting enough vitamin C and D. lose weight and practice preventive medicine. don't drink don't smoke and don't be diabetic or you are fucked.

you've had covid. you can handle it. just be careful if you get a flu shot, for the first 14-30 days while your immune system readjusts you are vulnerable.

Comment

i never did. i played the statistics.
            You do understand that's not how it works right? You were much more likely to end up in hospitals, preventing other people from getting the treatment they need, or even dying, because of this selfish choice you made. THAT is the statistical choice you made.

How narcissistic do you have to be in order to make a choice like that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              You do understand that's not how it works right? You were much more likely to end up in hospitals, preventing other people from getting the treatment they need, or even dying, because of this selfish choice you made. THAT is the statistical choice you made.

How narcissistic do you have to be in order to make a choice like that?
              there are few very truly evil ppl in nature. while everyone else thinks they are doing the right thing.

Comment

there are few very truly evil ppl in nature. while everyone else thinks they are doing the right thing.
                How is not getting vaccinated good for other people? Forget the consequences for yourself. How does you avoiding the shot help the people around you? That's a good test for whether it's the right thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  How is not getting vaccinated good for other people? Forget the consequences for yourself. How does you avoiding the shot help the people around you? That's a good test for whether it's the right thing.
                  that is a really great question.

because vaccinating with a leaky or imperfect vaccine that still allows transmission contributes to pressures that might cause the virus to become worse. while my strong innate immunity is better.

i hate the phrase the cure is worse than the disease. but it's a big apple to take a bite out of.

Comment

that is a really great question.

because vaccinating with a leaky or imperfect vaccine that still allows transmission contributes to pressures that might cause the virus to become worse. while my strong innate immunity is better.

i hate the phrase the cure is worse than the disease. but it's a big apple to take a bite out of.
                    That’s garbage. You are choosing to be selfish. Own it.

Comment

i never did. i played the statistics. i am 53, i have some heart disease no diabetes i know of, maybe a little. if you are healthy you have less than 1% of dying, if you have diabetes and heart problems you are at 25%. which is scary. but then you factor exposure.

covid fucked up my life socially. i graduated from school 2 years ago but had enough money to pay cheap rent in the country. the only ppl i was exposed when they infrequently came over while i was hibernating in my RV were country folk with strong immune systems. the old guy here was vaccinated. so far he is alive. i learned this from my former sickly cat. healthcare may fuck up in preventive medicine, but once the game is on, they are really good at what they do. you might even say, it's a battle between the vaccinators and internal medicine. the former are winging it, and the latter know what they are doing.

so i waited the whole thing out, waiting to see who is right.

i don't recommend getting any more shots. the virus has changed. i was the first here to state it stopped attacking the lower respiratory system and went upper, and i stated it early. which is good. it combined with a rhinovirus or something. it's a natural evolution of a virus under environmental or selective pressure.

take the meds you are supposed to, it will save your life. make sure you are getting enough vitamin C and D. lose weight and practice preventive medicine. don't drink don't smoke and don't be diabetic or you are fucked.

you've had covid. you can handle it. just be careful if you get a flu shot, for the first 14-30 days while your immune system readjusts you are vulnerable.
                      First, "country folk with strong immune systems" is a dumb concept. It actually says nothing of substance. You think working on a farm gives you an advantage in fighting Covid? Ridiculous.

Your simultaneous claims that you need to live healthy to combat the virus, combined with your rampant and unrestrained alcoholism, show that you are truly talking out of your ass. You're not exercising, you're not quitting drinking or smoking, you're not doing jack-shit. You're trying to change NOTHING in your own life, while proselytizing to us to exercise and live right and don't get vaccinated. It's idiotic. Relying on a miracle drug that you claim "the government" is suppressing is QAnon level idiocy, because it requires believing in a conspiracy of scale bigger than any other real or imagined conspiracy. Bigger than lizard people, bigger than 9/11 was an inside job, etc. Who would listen to that kind of logic from the local drunk? Then when the proper study on ivermectin comes out, like a fucking coward you just dismiss it sight unseen. You'll quote hundreds of pages of conspiracy blog nonsense, but avoid the nitty gritty with the new study on the ineffectiveness of ivermectin. Fucking ridiculous lack of accountability.

I don't mean to be derisive. I was a full-blown alcoholic for about a decade before I switched to weed. I had an extremely self-destructive mindset. I understand where you're coming from on many levels. But you need to understand why your messaging isn't working.

Also claiming that Fresno Bob would have set you straight in a way none of us can is another bullshit excuse. We've tried our best to talk sense to you. I miss FB too, but you need to take some personal accountability.
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                        First, "country folk with strong immune systems" is a dumb concept. It actually says nothing of substance. You think working on a farm gives you an advantage in fighting Covid? Ridiculous.

Your simultaneous claims that you need to live healthy to combat the virus, combined with your rampant and unrestrained alcoholism, show that you are truly talking out of your ass. You're not exercising, you're not quitting drinking or smoking, you're not doing jack-shit. You're trying to change NOTHING in your own life, while proselytizing to us to exercise and live right and don't get vaccinated. It's idiotic. Relying on a miracle drug that you claim "the government" is suppressing is QAnon level idiocy, because it requires believing in a conspiracy of scale bigger than any other real or imagined conspiracy. Bigger than lizard people, bigger than 9/11 was an inside job, etc. Who would listen to that kind of logic from the local drunk? Then when the proper study on ivermectin comes out, like a fucking coward you just dismiss it sight unseen. You'll quote hundreds of pages of conspiracy blog nonsense, but avoid the nitty gritty with the new study on the ineffectiveness of ivermectin. Fucking ridiculous lack of accountability.

I don't mean to be derisive. I was a full-blown alcoholic for about a decade before I switched to weed. I had an extremely self-destructive mindset. I understand where you're coming from on many levels. But you need to understand why your messaging isn't working.

Also claiming that Fresno Bob would have set you straight in a way none of us can is another bullshit excuse. We've tried our best to talk sense to you. I miss FB too, but you need to take some personal accountability.
                        it's true, not only have I not changed anything, I've gotten worse. hehe. but it's not really a conspiracy theory if you leave out all the microchip or secret genes or population control QAnon bullshit, which I obviously don't subscribe to. I mean, I started from a strictly scientific objective. I went from saying mRNA technology is the greatest thing ever and we are pulling out our big guns to defeat the virus to my current pathetic antivaccine state. that's why they call it a rabbit hole. you end up getting lost and confused. a boat with no anchor or bearing getting tossed around by the wind. like J Peterman in Seinfeld, 'not knowing where you are going is the best way to find a place you've never been.' but I'm certainly not happy with where I ended up.

I was only into it for the science. and I admit I did learn a lot about biology. I was always into virology. but I ended up feeling crushed. I worshiped science. whether they talked about cosmology or physics or life sciences, it was infallible. only to learn that sometimes, ppl were talking out of their ass. perhaps they had personal incentives. all the while this coincided to becoming semi-homeless. and finding myself living with scoundrels. I was watching a show about Ulysses S. Grant. I don't think we could've won the civil war without him. and it confuses me that he could be a once in a lifetime general, yet be so trusting and gullible of the corrupt scoundrels around him. and they said it was because he was too trusting of ppl that he had a blind spot where he couldn't understand such perilous intentions. which is quite the dichotomy. in the last 3 years, every friend I've met has tried or succeeded in taking advantage of me. they literally already have stuff but still will take the shirt off my back. and I don't understand why. so it was a perfect storm for me... this is why I like animals. just this week as I gathered tools from my mothers house and put some in the garage, ppl here stole and sold them. and they didn't care or understand if they played nice they would get much more later. -can't think about any meal but their last, or look fwd to anything but their next. the cats totally picked up on everything going on. they practically knew everything. yet, it was in their self-interest to know. they are like uh-oh, that guy just ripped Larry off and we haven't seen him upset like this yet. I wonder what this means for us.

I suppose for 50 years I have lived sheltered from this stuff. I had a strange relationship with my mother. while she wanted to make me a forever boy. and really doesn't every mother. yet she would kick me out of the house like it was a survival test. I stood to inherit 2 million dollars 15 years ago. I didn't know it. and it wouldn't have made a difference anyways. I still would've had become a shut-in and recluse afraid of stepping on butterflies. at least before she died she got to see me thrown to the wolves in the hopes of becoming a man while hoping to retain the boy inside. I don't truly don't know what to make of the world. and that is a fucked up thing to say when you are middle-aged. but I have my innocence. I have science and animals. I never wanted any part in the other bullshit.

but that's not what I came here today to post about. 2 months ago I discovered viral interference. I posted about it here in this thread. I can't find it. I suck at searching. it's here somewhere. I have 450 posts in this thread I think. that's a scary thought. https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/08/h...twindemic.html Why a Coronavirus-Flu ‘Twindemic’ May Never Happen
                        An intriguing theory may help explain why the flu and Covid-19 never gripped the nation simultaneously — the so-called twindemic that many public health experts had feared. The idea is that it wasn’t just masks, social distancing or other pandemic restrictions that caused flu and other respiratory viruses to fade while the coronavirus reigned, and to resurge as it receded. Rather, exposure to one respiratory virus may put the body’s immune defenses on high alert, barring other intruders from gaining entry into the airways. This biological phenomenon, called viral interference, may cap the amount of respiratory virus circulating in a region at any given time.
                        it's a fascinating subject. how you can't be infected with a similar but different virus at the same time.

and this is what I mean when I say, they don't know. the thing we all simply took for granted and other ppl would and take care of us. to see our blind spots. is to stop being the boy and become the man.

I've looked at the hard science of the so-called wonder drug called ivermectin. yet, maybe calling something a wonder is the problem. during the pandemic I've always been troubled that almost everything works if early enough. for example, can you be sure your infection would've been less severe because you got the vaccine. you could everyone in the same house vaccinated or unvaccinated result the same, but the vaccinated will say, thank god I had the vaccine or it would've been worse.

it's a brave new world. but it is not new. it's always been like this, we just never noticed. what is the future of society and mankind. well, power dictates the rules. and hopefully the rules dictate prosperity. in this tiny little corner of the universe where we all believe in something moral and greater than ourselves. where we all want to do the right thing.

Comment

• if you have diabetes and heart disease, you definitely should get the vaccine.

Comment

• thus i realize that even tho these guys ripped me off, i still have to dissemble the eight ton 26 year old rusted engine hydraulic lifter in the corner of the mothers and stepfathers garage before my sister notices. these guys tried to steal vintage tools i already stole for myself and brought back. that is the irony. and a mans tools is his future. and i need them because we have uncertain futures. ..see that's science talking. but you don't want to be accused of being an intellectual. the best science is your gut. heh

allowing me to go thru these machinations online, is actually very helpful to the greater good. my cats thankyou.

Comment

• Live with a man 40 years. Share his house, his meals. Speak on every subject. Then tie him up and hold him over the volcano's edge. And on that day, you will finally meet the man.

Comment

• when you are a city slicker, you have to tell the difference between a tadpole and mosquito larva in your buckets of water... it's always mosquitos. which can be bad not for drinking but west Nile virus or something. btw mosquitos are attracted to colors, i forget which are best, green is good though. you may think you have so much alcohol in your system you can ward of mosquitos but it's really your green sweatshirt. there is also a lack or mirrors, so ticks and Lyme disease can be a problem.

surprisingly another thing is telling the difference between owls and coyotes. like wtf, someone is hoo-hooing. and when you can't tell the difference between a bird and a dog, your shit is in trouble.

birds are fucking smart. they are never really afraid of you. because they can fly. they're not afraid of anything. so when you question the hoo-hooing, they'll sit there and be like, yeah? that is when you know it's an owl.

if you are really smart you use it to your advantage and learn how the woods talk. which is benefit of the cats. i've seen Hawks fly at them and they turn around ready out of nowhere. there is a clear difference between city and country cats. i've seen what my cat will do when a dog charges it. in the city a cat will roll over and do the friendly wave, like in survival video games. in the country when a dog charges a cat it jumps on it's back and doesn't let go.

it's an amazing universe and world. where environmental pressures override instincts in the higher animal world.

Comment

Working...
                                X