No announcement yet.

Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the possibility of the virus or mRNA vaccines writing to your DNA is still very rare until proven otherwise with in vivo evidence. there are reasons why your body allows such things, the reverse transcriptase enzyme. that would be something to look up. very rarely does anything ever write to the only active transposon even though it's genes make up like 11% of our genome. it's the fucking wild west. shit they didn't even discover it until years ago. and that 11% (although most of our genes are so-called deactivated junk). there's a saying in virology, most of your genes aren't human. that's a fact. so when folks look at the odds, writing to your DNA is another is nothing burger.

and here's a teachable moment. to pass it on to the next generation, it has to infect sperm, eggs fertility shit. so when you are infected and have a baby, only then is it passed down to the next generation. HIV really gives retroviruses and reverse transcriptase a bad name. but they are all not bad. just like all viruses, it's the few that cause disease that give the others a bad name.

it's like being a cult leader. worshiping the atom and radiation. it's not like atoms are bad, like viruses we wouldn't exist if they were. it's just the few side effects that make everyone crazy. or dead.

the really surprising thing to me about all of this is you can make one of the most likely worst case virus scenarios in a lab, and accidentally have it escape, but nature will still potentially and probably attenuate it, or is it de-attenuate, and eventually knock it down to something manageable.

Comment

• is it just me or do cats meditate. when they sit there all calm and squint for an hour. what the fuck could they possibly be thinking and why would an animal meditate.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
        I think the last time I saw my doctor I told him I have herpes and I needed medication. and even though he should've known I meant genital warts, he made me schedule an appointment and pay $200, and then apologized for misunderstanding. that was when I had a primary care doctor. but for the last few years I've been uninsured. I mean, what kind of idiot goes through a pandemic without healthcare insurance. I plan to get some once I get a job. I could get some for free right now I guess living in MA. they make me pay a penalty. so i am like, if I get sick then i'll die. but I like my chances. if I am wrong, I just hope it's not too painful. then I might have to rethink my strategy.

how does that work anyways. I have like no medical record. is there some kind of universal database for every time I went to see a doctor. it would say I am a potential vector for rabies to the public, with a scorching case of herpes.
        It's a sad commentary on our country that people don't see a doctor due to concerns about the cost.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          Since I'm 30x2 does that mean I can be trusted again or I'm doubly untrustworthy?
          it depends on which side you are on. heh. you have a job like everyone else. and you are very good at YOUR Job. we all have a role to play in this production. fate rewards activity. no-one would exist without challenge. life is not a thought experiment.

I am upset because I handled my mothers funeral bad. I think everyone thinks they handle such things so. I've been so locked up and set back that I treated it like a social experience instead of a solemn one. my aunt looked me long in the eye and was confused what was going on. it was like I forgot or was in denial my mother died. you think I am confusing. I just confused every relative I ever knew at my mothers funeral. but time will sort this out. you have to play the long game. I guess. or hope. heh

Comment

• I will say, the fucking cats know what's up. ..never play a cat at poker. they pretend like they know everything.

Comment

it depends on which side you are on. heh. you have a job like everyone else. and you are very good at YOUR Job. we all have a role to play in this production. fate rewards activity. no-one would exist without challenge. life is not a thought experiment.

I am upset because I handled my mothers funeral bad. I think everyone thinks they handle such things so. I've been so locked up and set back that I treated it like a social experience instead of a solemn one. my aunt looked me long in the eye and was confused what was going on. it was like I forgot or was in denial my mother died. you think I am confusing. I just confused every relative I ever knew at my mothers funeral. but time will sort this out. you have to play the long game. I guess. or hope. heh
              Don't be so hard on yourself. Dealing with a parents death is really difficult. Really difficult. Just take care of yourself.
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• what I am really proud of was discovering putting wood stove thermal activated fans on my big buddy propane heater in my RV. I did my research and knew not to let the element get past like 600F or it would break. and it's a simple screw that hacks it to the grill. not that electricity free fans really do a lot. the thing had it's own adaptor fan that was basically worthless, and was discontinued after tariff shit. but it looks really cool, and I can at least pretend I look like I know what I am doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  Don't be so hard on yourself. Dealing with a parents death is really difficult. Really difficult. Just take care of yourself.
                  thanks. I know ppl know these things but, sometimes you only get one chance. but it's ok. I said that to ppl saying i'm sorry for your loss. instead of saying ok. I always say something stupid afterwards. even just saying it's ok. everyone thinks you are weird. but there is no normal. there is just life.

Comment

• and I got a 20 pound propane tank that is full and barely pissing out vapors. being technically homeless, I've acquired more propane tanks than I know what to do with. that blue devil exchange shit is an example of society working at it's finest. because it doesn't take much abuse to fuck up the valve. yet you never hear about ppl blowing themselves up with propane. and there is an additional reason for this. propane has low specific gravity. and they add an odorant too it. if it leaks. still it's like wtf when a blue devil exchanged tank fucks up. because it's not supposed to. but shit happens.

i'll tell you guys a secret about animals. there are universal words in all animals capable in cross species communication. these words are yes, no, and help. and when a dog or a cat shakes, they are saying no. or it's over. some minor conflict. they always shake. moving your head back and forth. it's universal. it's convergent evolution. and that's why it's cool. I knew dogs did it, but I didn't until recently that cats do it too. they don't do it as much. because they are cats.

Comment

• you haven't seen nothing until you see ppl drop off 25 foot water submerged boats on a trailer at Walmart that can't be traced to a living person. shit that's worthless and you have to pay to get rid of, transfer it to someone terminally ill and put it in their name. and then dump it somewhere. boats are one of the hardest things to get rid of. it has no metal or scrap.

strangest thing I saw is someone pull into Walmart, and run a propane generator into the woods chained to a fence. that guy had some balls. he didn't last long. police were all over that shit.

ppl living in their van. most walmarts are safe. some others aren't though. I wanted to live that life. and then I ended up with two cats. and my plans changed. it's like that show Heroes, save the cheerleader and save the world. or at least save yourself.

Comment

thanks. I know ppl know these things but, sometimes you only get one chance. but it's ok. I said that to ppl saying i'm sorry for your loss. instead of saying ok. I always say something stupid afterwards. even just saying it's ok. everyone thinks you are weird. but there is no normal. there is just life.
                        We all say stupid shit, but if you lose one of your parents people should be there to support you, they should have no expectations or judgement. Anyway that's just like, one man's opinion.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• my greatest achievement is getting Sour Masher to look into innate immunity and TW to think there's zero evidence that this vaccine weakens immune systems to future illness.

even if I am wrong I accomplished something by putting the question out there for them to hopefully discover and or refute after closer examination.

Comment

• i'm still eating the bagels I got in the dumpster at Cumberland farms. cold weather is great. they haven't gone bad. although my RV refrigerator is more like a freezer. this it what happens when a system loses refrigerant. it behaves colder. I mean 1978, this thing is using ammonia as refrigerant. this is why on the show pawn stars, you see ppl bring in refrigerators from the 20's that still work. because the refrigerant is heavier and less likely to escape. but make no mistake, all refrigerant escapes. it's a conundrum. the newer refrigerants are lighter, and escape faster because no system is secure. yet we invent more refrigerants that are less harmful to the environment even though they leak more often.

oh and history shows again and again the folly of men.

isn't life grand. when you find a months worth of bagels.

Comment

• I really love this video. this song has always been one of my favorites. yes I went out and got drunk today. I was inspired. heh

Comment

• they gave me a Rorschach test once when I was 16. I pretty much gave all the expected answers except one. it was near the end of the test. I said I saw a monkey swinging through the trees on great cliffs near a waterfall.

this was something the psychiatrist never heard before. I remember telling my girlfriend about it later. and we laughed because he was probably like huh, where, he had never had anyone see that before.

because you are in trouble when you make a doctor ask you questions on a Rorschach test.

Comment

Working...
                                X