Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    I don't know what you're getting at. Biden has already done a metric shit ton of things regarding health care and the pandemic. Moreover, he released his plan today (and it's an actual plan, not a "you'll see it in two weeks" lie). Are you unaware of those things or are you not in favor or.....something else? And I imagine you've been acutely aware of what he's done/proposed/pushed/ordered with regards to the corona virus, the topic of this thread.
    Since it isn't clear, the highlighted portion of the article that you posted recommended single payer health care. When I pointed this out you wanted to talk about Donald Trump. He is no longer in office and has no opportunity to implement health care policy. Joe Biden has that opportunity. I hope that is clear
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      When I pointed this out you wanted to talk about Donald Trump.
      *You* responded to an article asserting that Donald Trump essentially killed tens of thousands of Americans and that maybe even 200,000 deaths (so far) would have been preventable. The article, while it did "make other points", was an article about the study from which that assertion came. The title of the article is "Lancet commission examines Trump's COVID response". I know that you often want to take these kinds of discussions in other directions, particularly when it gives you a chance to take shots at the moderate Dems, but perhaps that's better argued in a health care thread or a Biden thread or whatever. This article is very salient to a discussion about the coronavirus and why we are at where we are right now. I very much dislike this kind of rabbit trail (red herring) method of argument.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

*You* responded to an article asserting that Donald Trump essentially killed tens of thousands of Americans and that maybe even 200,000 deaths (so far) would have been preventable. The article, while it did "make other points", was an article about the study from which that assertion came. The title of the article is "Lancet commission examines Trump's COVID response". I know that you often want to take these kinds of discussions in other directions, particularly when it gives you a chance to take shots at the moderate Dems, but perhaps that's better argued in a health care thread or a Biden thread or whatever. This article is very salient to a discussion about the coronavirus and why we are at where we are right now. I very much dislike this kind of rabbit trail (red herring) method of argument.
        Ok then, Donald Trump sucks
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

yes, I responded to the article. and did not disagree at all that Donald Trump's lack of leadership lead to tens or hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths. But when I point out that Democrats could also do something that is just too much apparently.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Lol, I thought there was no way you were actually making that argument while the biggest relief package in the history of the country was *just* passed by House Democrats with essentially no Republican support whatsoever. I stand corrected. And I'm also back to having no idea what point you are trying to prove. Regardless, I'm gonna move on here, despite vehemently disagreeing that the country should just "move on" from the horrors of the other guy. He and his enablers need to be held responsible.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Lol, I thought there was no way you were actually making that argument while the biggest relief package in the history of the country was *just* passed by House Democrats with essentially no Republican support whatsoever. I stand corrected. And I'm also back to having no idea what point you are trying to prove. Regardless, I'm gonna move on here, despite vehemently disagreeing that the country should just "move on" from the horrors of the other guy. He and his enablers need to be held responsible.
              Yeah, my point was pretty clear but you can pretend to not understand it. I even spelled it out for you in post 3346. I remember when you actually claimed health care was a human right. Man those were the days. Again post 3346 spells it out. And yes, I am happy to move on too
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Gov. Abbott (R-TX) announces all businesses in the state can reopen and ends the statewide mask mandate.

Mission accomplished! Free-dumb!
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                  Gov. Abbott (R-TX) announces all businesses in the state can reopen and ends the statewide mask mandate.

Mission accomplished! Free-dumb!
                  Did he announce this under a banner? It doesn't count if there is no banner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    Did he announce this under a banner? It doesn't count if there is no banner.
                    It was announced at a Mexican food restaurant in Lubbock. (seriously)
                    Cannot confirm or deny if there was a Four Seasons landscaping close by.

Comment

• Every single Republican just voted against the Covid relief bill, which enjoys massive support from all real people (but no Republican politicians, apparently). And now Wisc. Senator Ron Johnson has forced the bill to be read aloud on the Senate floor. It's 628 pages so this will take 8-10 hours. Mildly surprised they have the time, given how much time they've devoted to crying about cancel culture or whatever. I guess the pointless political obstruction remains totally on brand, though.

But whatabout both sides? They're all the same hurr durr!

Comment

• Man, just found out another pal from High School died of CV-19 this week.. That makes a handful of friends who've died from it and another several family of friends who were lost.

I don't understand how this cannot have affected almost everyone in the nation and if so how soma can STILL be non pulsed about it and refuse to even consider any sort of mitigation options.

Mind boggling.
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                          Man, just found out another pal from High School died of CV-19 this week.. That makes a handful of friends who've died from it and another several family of friends who were lost.

I don't understand how this cannot have affected almost everyone in the nation and if so how soma can STILL be non pulsed about it and refuse to even consider any sort of mitigation options.

Mind boggling.
                          Surprisingly I know of no one personally that HAS died of covid. I have had it myself but it was mild to me when in it. My big concern is the longer unknown effects. I have been in AFIB 4 times since it - with each time lasting longer.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                            Surprisingly I know of no one personally that HAS died of covid. I have had it myself but it was mild to me when in it. My big concern is the longer unknown effects. I have been in AFIB 4 times since it - with each time lasting longer.
                            Sorry to hear your having to deal with this kind of shit. I', also worried about long term effects, but right now am just trying to keep from catching it before I can get vaccinated.

otherwise I'd be dragging the maskless from their SUVs ya know!
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Today, the Chicago Cubs and Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot announced that the Chicago Cubs and Chicago White Sox will be permitted 20% capacity in April, starting with the Cubs opener against the Pirates on April 1. The seating will be socially distanced, there will be masking requirements, and there will be other safety measures in place. But for the first time in a year and a half, there will be SOME fans at Wrigley Field to watch the Cubs play baseball.

At Wrigley Field, 20% capacity is just shy of 8300 tickets, much of which will be allocated to season ticket holders.

Would you go if this was your team?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                Today, the Chicago Cubs and Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot announced that the Chicago Cubs and Chicago White Sox will be permitted 20% capacity in April, starting with the Cubs opener against the Pirates on April 1. The seating will be socially distanced, there will be masking requirements, and there will be other safety measures in place. But for the first time in a year and a half, there will be SOME fans at Wrigley Field to watch the Cubs play baseball.

At Wrigley Field, 20% capacity is just shy of 8300 tickets, much of which will be allocated to season ticket holders.

Would you go if this was your team?
                                If I was vaccinated. Otherwise I would not. It does sounds like a relatively low risk set up. Compared to say eating at an indoor restaurant
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X