No announcement yet.

Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the thing about fact checkers is what would happen if they ever were wrong. it could happen. and then people that rely on them for the truth wouldn't be able to tell. fact checkers are just another tool or opinion in finding the truth. furthers the debate. but nothing is infallible. only you can find truth.

Comment

• I always think of only one question I have a lot of trouble trying to answer. if someone younger than me asked me if everyone was smart or dumb. like a question I asked myself when I was younger and green and naïve- but for some reason I could only answer when I was older or through experience.

I would describe it like this. one night a neighbors cat who was my friend came to visit me and I didn't notice he was stiff and didn't want to play. I didn't correctly ascertain the situation and sent him on his way. I didn't know a neighbor had spilled antifreeze and he drank it and his kidneys had shut down. if I had know I would've taken him to the hospital for dialysis. a day or two later people came up to me and told me my friend died and they had found him alone in a basement. it's was a bad way to go.

I would say to that person, it's not that people don't want to do the right thing, it's just that we are stupid. it's true. worst mistake I ever made in life was assuming we know what we are doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
        although I do think the world is more beautiful and a better place with breast implants

Comment

• that's a funny video. it made me feel a little better.

I was hoping Ken would lend some clarity to Syncytin-1, because i'm pretty sure I am wrong. he's intelligent and knows how to research stuff. it occurred to me that H1N1 might not have had it.

that is a potential problem for biology in the future. the placenta being based on viral genes. that may come back to fuck us over when combatting diseases and even developing vaccines. but science will just keep getting better.

fertility is a big deal I guess. it kind of upsets me that a bar has been established where ppl need to declare their success online about being a parent or you know 'bear moms' and such. like wearing a pin of old glory on their collar.

I can think of a lot of contradicting things we allow environmentally, socially and financially that inhibit fertility. or maybe there other reasons I don't know because I am not a parent. animals, pets are my children. people too. random people. people I can help maybe.

but Syncytin-1 protein a retroviral gene sequence that allowed us to be human parents coming from a virus. and my instincts tell me it's a popular sequence in nature. and if we don't treat it with respect, we may screw something up.

Comment

• Another stats update as of 7:46 AM today. Last stats were from 12/21 at 7:46 AM, exactly 7 days ago. Mortality rate is figured using the current death total divided by the total cases from the update 3 weeks ago (12/7).

- 19,573,847 cases in the US, up from 18,267,579, an increase of 7.15% which is a smaller increase than last time (9.14%). The new cases for this period were 1,306,268 which gives a 7-day daily average of 186,610, down sharply from 218,616. A comparison w last period's new cases (1,530,312) gives a new cases increase rate of 0.854, lower than that of the last update (0.970). The current test positivity rate is 10.54%, lower than that of the last update (11.36%) but still way above the WHO threshold figure of 5.0%. Total CV-19 hospitalizations are 118,720, up from 113,663, an increase of 4.45% over last week which is a larger increase than last update (3.96%). Currently, there are 28 states that have an R-naught below 1.0, more than the 19 in the last update, the highest # of states below since I've been reporting this stat, and the overall US R-naught now may be very close to the recommended threshold of 1.0. The values for the different states range from 0.79-1.25.
            - 341,138 deaths in the US, up from 324,869, an increase of 5.01% which is a smaller increase than last time (6.01%). The new deaths for this period were 16,569. The mortality rate is 2.25% (341,138/15,159,529), lower than last time (2.36% (324,869/13,751,337)). The mortality rate for the week's new deaths is 1.18% (16,569/1,408,192), lower than last time (1.59% (18,410/1,161,117)). The latest 7-day daily average # of new deaths is 2,188, down sharply from 2,613 7 days ago. The "increase" (decrease) in average daily deaths over the prior week is -16.3%, whereas the increase in average daily cases from 3 weeks ago over the prior week was 21.3%. The 3-week increase in deaths is 18.1% (341,138/288,906) whereas the increase in cases from 6 weeks ago to 3 weeks after that is 33.4% (15,159,529/11,367,214). Most of the time, cases and deaths 3 weeks later seem to be correlating only loosely.
            - 81,268,933 cases worldwide, up from 77,298,673, an increase of 5.14% which is a smaller increase than last time (6.21%). The new cases for this period were 3,970,260 which gives a 7-day daily average of 567,180, down sharply from 645,437. A comparison w last period's new cases (4,518,057) gives a new cases increase rate of 0.879, which is higher than last time (0.860).
            - 1,775,534 deaths worldwide, up from 1,703,318, an increase of 4.24% which is a lower increase than last time (5.00%). The new deaths for this period were 72,216 which gives a 7-day daily average of 10,317, down from 11,587. The mortality rate is 2.63% (1,775,534/67,526,574), slightly lower than last time (2.70% (1,703,318/63,200,402)). The mortality rate for the week's new deaths is 1.67% (72,216/4,326,172), lower than that of the previous period (1.98% (81,109/4,088,095)).

New case rate increases went down for both the US and the world and the rate of increase in new cases over the prior week also went down for the US. Mortality rates for new cases went down sharply for both the US and the world. For the US, the R-naught seemed to decrease, the test positivity rate went down but the CV-19 hospitalizations increased at a slightly higher rate.

Cases continue to surge in Germany, Sweden, Lithuania, Belarus, Russia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Panama, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Canada, Pakistan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Japan, South Korea, Lebanon, Palestine, Egypt, Nigeria and South Africa. And cases have surged recently in United Kingdom, Ireland, Bolivia and Israel. But case increases have dropped recently in Croatia, Denmark, Azerbaijan, Moldova and Turkey.

Comment

• Russia's deputy prime minister admits that Russia reported CV-19 death toll is over 3 times higher than the reported figures:

Russian health officials have registered more than three million infections since the start of the pandemic, putting the country's caseload at fourth-highest...

The true amount of deaths is estimated at 186,000 instead of the 55,265 reported, so 3.37 times higher. As the video mentions, the better way to get an idea of how many deaths are due to CV-19 is the excess deaths, the # of deaths since the start of the pandemic compared to the deaths in the same time frames in previous years. And according to official figures, Russia's mortality rate is 1.80% whereas the world's mortality rate is 2.63% so a CV-19 death toll of 3.37 times higher would make their mortality rate 6.06%. That indicates to me that they're underreporting their cases also.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                Tosh is the MAN!!!
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• UK approves AstraZeneca vaccine:

Subscribe and ? to the BBC ? https://bit.ly/BBCYouTubeSubWatch the BBC first on iPlayer ? https://bbc.in/iPlayer-Home Subscribe and ? to OFFICIAL BBC You...

First vaccinations are scheduled for MOnday, 1/4.

Comment

• US passed 20 mil CV-19 cases today, according to WorldoMeters data .

Comment

• https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eqh2aoDW...jpg&name=large

After reporting 500 doses of Moderna vaccine had to be thrown away due to "human error"...now an employee admitted to taking it out of the refrigerator on purpose. Unbelievable. Link is from Matt Smith of WISN12news.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                        US passed 20 mil CV-19 cases today, according to WorldoMeters data .
                        I read today that covid deaths in the US have now surpassed WWII and Vietnam casualties combined.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          I read today that covid deaths in the US have now surpassed WWII and Vietnam casualties combined.
                          Yeah, but still only about half of the estimated deaths from the 1918 flu.

How are you and your wife doing now?

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                            https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eqh2aoDW...jpg&name=large

After reporting 500 doses of Moderna vaccine had to be thrown away due to "human error"...now an employee admitted to taking it out of the refrigerator on purpose. Unbelievable. Link is from Matt Smith of WISN12news.
                            What's amazing about this is the guy is a pharmacist. Obviously, as he dedicated his career to the practice, he believes in drugs and their usefulness in treating various maladies. So what could drive him to do this, except being a conspiracy theorizing Trumptard Qanon nutcase? Nothing's been reported yet on this guy, but I'd wager anything that's what he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                              Yeah, but still only about half of the estimated deaths from the 1918 flu.

How are you and your wife doing now?
                              Thank you for asking. All symptoms seem to be gone now. We still get tired more easily, but even that is getting better day by day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                Thank you for asking. All symptoms seem to be gone now. We still get tired more easily, but even that is getting better day by day.
                                Glad to hear it!

Lately, CV-19 cases have been popping up near me. My next door neighbor said 2 of her friends that visited her came down w it. She's trying to get tested but has had trouble finding a place, Her friends were around her for just a few minutes and she doesnt have symptoms so she thinks she's OK. And at a facility I visit regularly, a lady said her daughter and 2 grandchildren got it. She said her daughter must have gotten it at the restaurant she works at because every employee got it, even tho they all wear masks. Her relatives got only mild symptoms, mainly fatigue, but 2 of the restaurant workers had more serious symptoms, tho they werent hospitalized. Seems like a lot of cases are from restaurants.

Comment

Working...
                                X