Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    In the 40 days since you posted this, about 77,000 people have died of COVID. In the worst 40-day period back in April-May, about 79,000 people died. Sad that we had a second wave (or whatever you want to label it) of this severity. When this wave is done, it's going to be a lot worse than the first one was. I'm glad the vaccines are coming; can't get out to people soon enough.

My wife's best friend's mother is in the hospital on a ventilator. The toll from this thing is just too much.
    Things are pretty grim. My co-worker who was on a ventilator recovered and was able to come home. Hope your friend's mom also is able to recover. It is a stressful and sad time now for almost everyone it seems
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      In the 40 days since you posted this, about 77,000 people have died of COVID. In the worst 40-day period back in April-May, about 79,000 people died. Sad that we had a second wave (or whatever you want to label it) of this severity. When this wave is done, it's going to be a lot worse than the first one was. I'm glad the vaccines are coming; can't get out to people soon enough.

My wife's best friend's mother is in the hospital on a ventilator. The toll from this thing is just too much.
      Prayers for a full recovery for her.

Comment

• Thank you all for the kind words.

It is 8:30 I have been up for 3 hours and have not had to take cough medicine yet today. I still have some decent energy. Enough to get some work done planning on running a couple of Christmas errands this morning.

Mrs. Gregg is sleeping so I do not know how she is today. Hoping she is still making good progress.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Thank you all for the kind words.

It is 8:30 I have been up for 3 hours and have not had to take cough medicine yet today. I still have some decent energy. Enough to get some work done planning on running a couple of Christmas errands this morning.

Mrs. Gregg is sleeping so I do not know how she is today. Hoping she is still making good progress.
          Why are you awake at 5:30!?!?!

Should you be leaving the house?!?!?
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            Why are you awake at 5:30!?!?!

Should you be leaving the house?!?!?
            I normally get up at 5:30 or 6:00 (no alarm clock). Willing to sleep to 7 or 8 during this time but rarely happens. Probably why I need a nap around 4:00.

Doc says I am not contagious. Absolutely wearing mask staying far away from everyone, using massive hand sanitizer. Plus Driving is therapeutic for me.

Comment

• CV-19 cases now found in Antarctica:

Antarctica has reportedly become the last of the Earth's seven continents to record deadly coronavirus infections after managing to avoid the pandemic for ar...

Broke out in a Chilean research base.

Comment

• Best friend from HS just informed me his brother, mother and father tested positive last week, his mother died from it 2 days ago. Our test results come in today or tomorrow, it won't be fatal for us, but I sure feel like shit.

Hope you all are staying safe and Gregg, glad to hear it's subsiding.
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  Best friend from HS just informed me his brother, mother and father tested positive last week, his mother died from it 2 days ago. Our test results come in today or tomorrow, it won't be fatal for us, but I sure feel like shit.

Hope you all are staying safe and Gregg, glad to hear it's subsiding.
                  Thank you. Prayers for you and yours for a fast recovery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    Thank you. Prayers for you and yours for a fast recovery.
                    Thank you sir, we just found out that we tested negative again. I must just have some bronchitis or such.

Stay safe
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• it was just yesterday when I was taking to Gregg about Boskop Man and tricked ElDiablo to back me up when I was making a controversial science claim. paleontology is pretty neat. and then 20 years later it's confirmed that our brain size is shrinking, but we don't know if that's because library's are finally working for storage, or more woman are having cesarean sections.

if I knew then what I know now, I would've said to ElDiablo, the only thing holding back the size of human brains is the size of vaginas. that's why Boskop Man didn't make it. there's no reason not to think nature wouldn't attempt freakishly intelligent species that were only limited to surviving birth. it happened.

I blame Libraries for ruining our capacity for storing information naturally. and also for our species not having bigger vaginas in order to have a lower mortality rate.

our brains and body temperature are shrinking and getting lower, it's only a matter of time before we turn into crocodiles and then form a political party to represent this new demographic.

Comment

• Just got a call saying my 6 year old has to quarantine for 14 days, which means the rest of us do, since we have all been wrestling together and hanging out the last few days. If he has it, we all have it by now, but hoping we don't. Even if we all get tested, we still have to quarantine for 14 days. My mother-in-law is in for the holiday, which is my main worry. So far, no symptoms, but the exposure happened Tuesday, so it is probably too early to tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          Just got a call saying my 6 year old has to quarantine for 14 days, which means the rest of us do, since we have all been wrestling together and hanging out the last few days. If he has it, we all have it by now, but hoping we don't. Even if we all get tested, we still have to quarantine for 14 days. My mother-in-law is in for the holiday, which is my main worry. So far, no symptoms, but the exposure happened Tuesday, so it is probably too early to tell.
                          Hope it passes you all by, even worrying about whether or not you have it sucks. Stay safe. And our best to you and yours.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            Just got a call saying my 6 year old has to quarantine for 14 days, which means the rest of us do, since we have all been wrestling together and hanging out the last few days. If he has it, we all have it by now, but hoping we don't. Even if we all get tested, we still have to quarantine for 14 days. My mother-in-law is in for the holiday, which is my main worry. So far, no symptoms, but the exposure happened Tuesday, so it is probably too early to tell.
                            Hoping for the best outcome for you and your family.

Comment

• i'm a little worried about the vaccines. the thing about the protein that is used for placentas and having the same small sequence of amino acids as the spike protein. I know there is no other way but, even if there is a small chance something goes south, it'll gaslight antivax stuff. and there is definitely at least a small chance. the protein the placenta uses syncytin-1 that was just discovered 20 years ago. that an ancient retroviral sequence was even beneficial to us.

I did a lot of reading last night trying to catch up to the issues. i'd like to know how many amino acids there are in syncytin-1. what's funny is the conspiracy theorists try to say it's a fertility risk, but common sense was telling me it's a ADE or antibody-dependent enhancement risk.

I was surprised to learn from a paper that H1N1 in 2009 had a fatality rate of .5% and 9%-30% of people infected were hospitalized. moreover 50% of the women that died were pregnant. and it was because H1N1 had the protein syncytin-1 or I think they called it homogeneous or if that even means it has amino acid instruction. I don't know I couldn't find out why H1N1 would have syncytin-1. but what happens is a pregnant woman immune system thinks it's the placenta and lowers it's defenses.
                              The Placental Protein Syncytin-1 Impairs Antiviral Responses https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4382184/

I would definitely not take the Adeno-associated Virus vector vaccine. the 3rd leading candidate. none of these things have ever been used.

I understand there are 2 kinds of people in life. Max Tegmark said this once. people that want to have the answers handed to them by someone else, even if that answer was wrong. and other people that are curious and want to find out for themselves.

science is great but it's not like it hasn't been harmful sometimes in the pursuit of a better world and profits. asbestos, leaking breast implants, the chemical associated with Teflon by 3M and killed those kids at that high school in MN. there's no liability for vaccines, understandably.

they didn't even do fucking animal fertility studies. there's plenty of mammals out there using placentas. what they say is 44k women that have been infected with COV-2 didn't have fertility problems. and that's good. ..to be honest the ex-chief science officer for Pfizer looks like a disgruntled employee.

I wasn't going to say anything after doing a lot of reading last night at the risk of being called antivax. I'm not. but I got drunk right now. heh. I am a little concerned. this is such a brave new world. I can think of a million different things that can happen.

Comment

• although I do think the world is more beautiful and a better place with breast implants

Comment

Working...
                                X