Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Nurse friend of mine is getting the vaccine tomorrow.
    Yeah, my ER doc friend is scheduled for Thursday.

Comment

• It continues to amaze me that pretending the pandemic is not real was a winning strategy for some in the GOP. Like new Virginia Congressman Bob Good who just said it was a "phony pandemic" and was overjoyed that his crowd was not wearing masks and he could see their faces. He also threw in that it is a serious virus, but not a pandemic, which makes it clear he does not know the definition of the words he uses. And he won on a platform that the pandemic is phony and that large crowds who pack together and don't wear masks "get it."

Somehow to the far right voters of his district, none of that matters, because his Republican predecessor, whom he defeated, and his Democratic opponent, were both in favor of same-sex marriage, which is a far more serious threat to our nation and its people than a pandemic that will likely end up killing over half a million Americans.

Last edited by Sour Masher; 12-15-2020, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        It continues to amaze me that pretending the pandemic is real was a winning strategy for some in the GOP. Like new Virginia Congressman Bob Good who just said it was a "phony pandemic" and was overjoyed that his crowd was not wearing masks and he could see their faces. He also threw in that it is a serious virus, but not a pandemic, which makes it clear he does not know the definition of the words he uses. And he won on a platform that the pandemic is phony and that large crowds who pack together and don't wear masks "get it."

Somehow to the far right voters of his district, none of that matters, because his Republican predecessor, whom he defeated, and his Democratic opponent, were both in favor of same-sex marriage, which is a far more serious threat to our nation and its people than a pandemic that will likely end up killing over half a million Americans.

The Republican committee in Appomattox County censured the incumbent, Denver Riggleman, "for his betrayal to voters in the 5th District who elected him into office in the first place, for betraying the very morals, principals, and values of the Republican Party, for his petty, immoral, and ludicrous behavior before and after the 5th Congressional District Republican Convention, and for his open consideration to vote for former Vice President Joe Biden instead of President Donald J. Trump." His major offense was officiating a same sex wedding in 2019 and not supporting the farce that was Donald Trump's election dispruption.

Comment

• I was just informed that my cousin passed away due to CV-19.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
            I was just informed that my cousin passed away due to CV-19.
            Very sorry to learn that. My thoughts will be with you and your family.

Comment

So sorry to hear this sad news. My condolences for your family's loss
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              ---------------------------------------------
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

very sorry mate.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Thanks, guys. Still dont know many details, just that his kidneys failed. And w the pandemic restrictions, there might not be a funeral and we wouldnt be able to attend anyway.

Comment

Sorry to hear this RHD. My condolences for your loss.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Parents charged after renting party bus for child's 14th birthday with 60 mask-less kids inside:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/16/us/pa...rnd/index.html

Here's the ironic part: This happened in Mount Healthy, Ohio. The police said that none of the children were from Mount Healthy. Obviously.

And here's the funny part: "The officers told the bus driver to allow the juveniles to reboard the bus but the driver fled the scene leaving the officers with the crowd of approximately 60 kids in a "very agitated state for officers to deal with," the police said."
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• California has reported 53,711 new CV-19 cases today according to the COVID Tracking Project. That sets a new record for new cases in a day by 1 state, obliterating the old record of 35,729 set just days ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          Sorry to hear this RHD. My condolences for your loss.
                          Thanks, MD.

Comment

• I'm wondering how Gregg and his wife are doing.

Comment

• A nationwide antibody study in Spain indicates that about 9.6% of the country (4.5 mil. people) has been infected w CV-19:

The share of the Spanish population that contracted coronavirus has nearly doubled to almost 10%, or about 4.7 million people, in the second wave of contagio...

The reported # of cases is 1.782 mil. (WorldoMeters data) so about 2.5 times more people infected than reported. That's way under the figure that I've been estimating, which is about 5-6 times the reported cases.

Comment

• one of the great things about viruses is there will always be a decent percentage of ppl that are naturally immune. I may not believe 25% this time, but it's up there. it always depends on the type of virus and an incubation and mortality rate. which is kind of stretching the rules. but infection rate with this virus, yeah, definitely underestimated.

Comment

Working...
                                X