No announcement yet.

Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• there's a possibility that the RBD furin cleavage part of the genome was incubated in cats. it's my understanding that not many (I only heard of two) coronaviruses have it. apparently FIP has it. and one of the intermediate hosts of SARS was a feline species. they tried to blame the virus on stray dogs earlier. I suppose that's something to be concerned about. I tend to regard cats and dogs as allies. cat's got blamed for the bubonic plague but they actually were beneficial.

the RBD separates this virus from almost all other coronaviruses. it makes it a lot easier to track down where it came from. when it's found in another host it will make it easier to trace things to a common ancestor.

I look at viruses this way, errors in their genome cause disease and death. life was originally incubated in viruses. the process of viruses invading each other caused RNA to turn into DNA. the purpose of a virus is to create and defend life. when it's genetic code is favorable, it invades cells and makes them resistant. this is the transmissible part.

it's all part of the specialization of cells. where the human body becomes a team of cells. if the invading genome is familiar it causes the virus to be more transmissible. if it is not and has errors it causes mortality. it's like life is trying to amalgamate. this is why I say their nature is to become more contagious but less mortal. it's a balancing act.

the human genome is a war machine of viral fragments.

Comment

• More evidence about the lie that China is trying to hoodwink the world into believing that it has completely eliminated domestic transmission of CV-19. The video is by 2 former long-time residents of China who maintain contacts w many friends and acquaintances still living in China. It's a long video but the relevant part is from 31:05-49:02:

Qingdao sets world records for Covid testing... or has it?Also, Korean pop band BTS gets major backlash from China.Support the show here - https://www.patreo...

Among other things, it reports about people from Taiwan and S. Korea who were CV-19-negative just before visiting China and got tested immediately after returning and were then CV-19-positive. The segment also contains other info about China's lies and deception.

Comment

• Yesterday, the US had its most ever cases in 1 day, 85,085 . Things are looking very bad now.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
          Yesterday, the US had its most ever cases in 1 day, 85,085 . Things are looking very bad now.
          I just got off the phone with my sister (Wis) cancelling our Thanksgiving and Christmas get togethers. Things are very bad in Wisconsin and getting worse in Illinois.

The US has one of the worst Covid-19 outbreaks in the world, and Wisconsin has one of the worst outbreaks within the US. Only the Dakotas and Montana have higher rates of daily new cases. Wisconsin’s outbreak also shows no signs of abating: Since the beginning of October, the seven-day average of daily new coronavirus cases has risen by almost 40 percent. Covid-19 deaths have increased by more than 95 percent over the month.-George Lopez/Vox

Comment

• No worries. Don't listen to "that idiot Fauci." Trump and Pence have everything under control.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              I just got off the phone with my sister (Wis) cancelling our Thanksgiving and Christmas get togethers. Things are very bad in Wisconsin and getting worse in Illinois.

The US has one of the worst Covid-19 outbreaks in the world, and Wisconsin has one of the worst outbreaks within the US. Only the Dakotas and Montana have higher rates of daily new cases. Wisconsin’s outbreak also shows no signs of abating: Since the beginning of October, the seven-day average of daily new coronavirus cases has risen by almost 40 percent. Covid-19 deaths have increased by more than 95 percent over the month.-George Lopez/Vox
              Sturgis?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...-rally-spread/
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• No, bars.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Just heard today that The Price Is Right is coming back, without an audience. It surpassed me that it took them this long to realize they would need to do that.

I think that's another failing of this administrations response. Aside from the obvious public health issues, the magical thinking that the virus is just going to disappear or that the vaccine is just weeks away has kept businesses from realizing that this isn't going away any time soon and that we need a plan on how to deal with it. This has been a complete failure of economic leadership.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• all of life answers can be solved on the game show the price is right. it even has it's own wheel of fortune to spin.

the argument to shut down the economy or not to combat the virus. I think everyone handled things the only way they could. Americans aren't use to wearing masks yet.

did the world overreact to the new coronavirus? history will say we did. even after the 2nd wave hits this winter.

it's an extraordinary chain of events.

Comment

• I've always been upset that there has never been a decent family feud or price as right video game. like I mean, ever. you can find one or two but if you have to type every answer and if you misspell it, it's wrong. heh

Comment

• the cat wisdom quote of the day:

intelligent creatures that live short lives like cats live like kings. like king arthur the land is one. it's why they hate travelling in cars.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                          did the world overreact to the new coronavirus? history will say we did. even after the 2nd wave hits this winter.
                          People might say we overreacted but I think we just did and continue to do many of the wrong things. Yesterday, I saw a piece on what airlines are doing to convince people that flying is safe. There were 4 separate things they did to disinfect their planes and their evidence showed that any one of them is effective. So why are they doing all 4 of them? You cant kill a virus more than once. I can understand using 2 to be safer but 4 seems like unnecessary overkill. And surfaces are not the main way that the virus is transmitted anyway - it's thru the air. And airplanes already have very good ventilation systems, which I suspect few other public places have. So, if they enforce social distancing, arguably they were already fairly safe to travel on. But they want to project the image that they're safe (so they can get travelers' money) so they're going overboard w safety. The emphasis seems to be more on the image of safety than on actually protecting people's health.

My father recently told me that his church spent a lot of time and resources disinfecting their building to possibly resume in-person services. I asked him if they did anything to ensure adequate ventilation of the building and he said he hadnt heard. This may be our single biggest failing in this pandemic. If the congregation gets infected it probably is going to be thru breathing the same air for 1.5-2 hours. If they just held the services outside, and wore masks and socially distanced, there probably would be little to no chance for infection. If they wanted to keep services inside, how about just installing 2 window fans, one each on opposite sides of the building, one blowing in and the other blowing out? I'm certainly no authority on ventilation but it seems to me that if indoor public gathering places just used a few window fans, that would greatly reduce the risk of infection. But I dont hear anyone saying this. Yeah, the utility bills would go way up but this is a reasonably cheap solution that virtually any establishment could afford that would enable them to at least stay in business. Our supposed health experts have said little or nothing about this. Yes, government leaders (including you know who) have failed us but our major health authorities I think have failed us even more.
                          Last edited by rhd; 10-25-2020, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• thus my future in HVAC. installing filters that work and ones that don't. yet I am not rushing out there until I understand more.

everything is better outside. but it's a trade off. the warmer and drier air is the more airborne particles will travel. I don't understand humidity. I know as an HVAC guy it's worse to have a dirty filter than no humidifier. ..whether or not particles can travel on air moisture.

CoV-2 is a pretty weak virus in structure. any amount of soap will kill it. being outside even better. but planes are a deathtrap no matter what they do. like cruise ships. air is recirculated there also.

definitely open up all the windows in a church, wear masks, social distance 2-3 people each pew, don't shake hands, or shake hands, personally it was always awkward for me before the virus, and have the heat all the way up for service.

outside air really makes a difference. I've been pretty fearless out here in the country. but humanity will always want to gather. it's our greatest strength and our greatest weakness.

Comment

• Or how about N-95 filters for ventilation systems? Are there such things? If not, shouldnt there be? If a business cant afford to renovate or replace their entire ventilation system, seems like installing a bunch of N-95 filters would be a low-cost option that could greatly reduce risk of infection. This is another item that I havent heard anyone mention.

Comment

• inside air is hot and infected, outside air is cold and clean. entropy dictates that each state seeks an equilibrium. it's like when we were children and had the flu for the first time. and then our mothers opened up the window to our room and the virus flew out. it's not a dream. it's science. or it's like pink floyd..

When I was a child I had a fever
                                My hands felt just like two balloons
                                Now I've got that feeling once again
                                I can't explain you would not understand
                                This is not how I am

Comment

Working...
                                X