No announcement yet.

Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnival Cruises suspends all Princess Cruise operations for 60 days.

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        80% chance spring training games are cancelled, or played in empty stadiums, by this weekend, and 99% chance that the MLB season will be delayed by a month or more. Just my opinion.
        I expect MLB to make a major decision either today or tomorrow.

Comment

• Utah Jazz star Donovan Mitchell also tested positive for the coronavirus, thanks largely to Rudy Gobert spreading it around while joking.

Comment

• Read something today.

This event will bankrupt more people than it kills and in some folks minds--THAT is the global emergency.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Email just received from my kid's school:

In anticipation of a “sudden school closing,” we are sending home today, all workbooks, notebooks and supplies your child may need for what could be an extended absence from school. In the event that school remains open, please keep these materials at home. The teachers are prepared to continue instruction without them. Further information and directions about remote learning will be communicated when necessary.

Thank you for your support and anticipated cooperation during this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                Email just received from my kid's school:

In anticipation of a “sudden school closing,” we are sending home today, all workbooks, notebooks and supplies your child may need for what could be an extended absence from school. In the event that school remains open, please keep these materials at home. The teachers are prepared to continue instruction without them. Further information and directions about remote learning will be communicated when necessary.

Thank you for your support and anticipated cooperation during this time.
                I heard a great interview on BBC a couple of days ago about parents in China who have had to home school their kids for the past month, with no prep or guidance. It was somewhat tongue in cheek, but it made the point that the most at-risk in this scenario are marriages ... many don't have the resiliency to survive such an upheaval. Good Luck.
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• - MLS suspends its season 30 days
                  - ATP tennis suspends its season 6 weeks
                  - Big 12 cancels its conference tourney, likely a sign that the entire NCAA tourney will be cancelled
                  - NHL announcement is forthcoming, but all signs point to a suspension

But MLB spring training games continue?

Comment

• Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro is being tested for coronavirus after his press secretary, who just met with ol' Dopey last weekend (bottom right in the pic), tested positive for it

Comment

• ACC just ended its tourney, along with Pac 12, SEC, Big 12, Big 10, AAC

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                        I heard a great interview on BBC a couple of days ago about parents in China who have had to home school their kids for the past month, with no prep or guidance. It was somewhat tongue in cheek, but it made the point that the most at-risk in this scenario are marriages ... many don't have the resiliency to survive such an upheaval. Good Luck.
                        We're hoping to run to Best Buy tonight to pick up two Chromebooks. If we don't have one-to-one devices for the coming month of work-from-home, school-from-home, we'll kill each other.

Comment

• Jeff Passan just reported that the owners are deciding to suspend spring training and will formally vote to delay the Opening of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            - MLS suspends its season 30 days
                            - ATP tennis suspends its season 6 weeks
                            - Big 12 cancels its conference tourney, likely a sign that the entire NCAA tourney will be cancelled
                            - NHL announcement is forthcoming, but all signs point to a suspension

But MLB spring training games continue?
                            NHL officially suspends its season. MLB looks like it will suspend spring training no later than tomorrow.

Comment

• MLB has suspended rest of ST and likely will suspend the regular season.

Comment

• Duke and Kansas have taken themselves out of March Madness, all but ensuring the NCAA ends up cancelling it.

Comment

Working...
                                X