Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    loved or hated, but never ignored.
    Don’t worry - your little buddy Ken red flagged me. He will rue the day he interfered in this affair.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
      Don’t worry - your little buddy Ken red flagged me. He will rue the day he interfered in this affair.
      ok this one evened it out

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        ok this one evened it out
        Too late! I’m currently exploring other salad dressing options just to stick it to you. I also am not speaking to my dad for now, since he shares your name. Is your day rued yet?

Comment

Too late! I’m currently exploring other salad dressing options just to stick it to you. I also am not speaking to my dad for now, since he shares your name. Is your day rued yet?
          Blasphemy

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            During a press conference Wednesday night, Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti authorized the city to shut off power and water to properties, including houses and businesses, that are in violation of the city’s coronavirus-related safety measures as a means to “shut these places down permanently.”

“By turning off that power, shutting off that water we feel we can close these places down, which usually are not one-time offenders but multiple-offenders,” Garcetti said.

He noted that local law enforcement officers are having a hard time dealing with gatherings where there are hundreds of people who are “breaking the law.”

“We know we can do this,” Garcetti said, responding to a question about the measure’s legality.

In New York, Governor Andrew Cuomo has authorized local authorities to revoke the business licenses of establishments in violation of these regulations – and regularly posts the names of the offending bars and restaurants.
            The city of Los Angeles on Wednesday shut off utility service at a Hollywood Hills home that hosted several large parties, violating public health orders to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
            "Despite several warnings, this house has turned into a nightclub in the hills, hosting large gatherings in flagrant violation of our public health orders," Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti said in a news release. "The City has now disconnected utilities at this home to stop these parties that endanger our community."

According to reports, the residence belongs to TikTok star Bryce Hall, who has 12.8 million followers on the video sharing platform.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Rue the day? Who talks like that?
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Rue the day? Who talks like that?
                Is this a trick question ? umjewman does
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• A little perspective. In case you thought the US is the only place where people are stupid enough to have gatherings of thousands of people in close proximity w no masks or social distancing during a major pandemic, this is a short video (< 3 mins) about 2 recent social events in China. One of the events is in Wuhan (you know, the place where this all started):

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Yeah, there are a lot of stupid people here but the same is true in most of the rest of the world. I have no way to prove this, but I think China actually has had more CV-19 cases than the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                    I have no way to prove this, but I think China actually has had more CV-19 cases than the US.
                    Curious what this is based on.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      Is this a trick question ? umjewman does
                      Line from one of my favorite movies.

Comment

Curious what this is based on.
                        The basis is studies of average number of deaths per time period in various cities compared w the deaths per same period during CV-19.

Comment

• Positive test in my main office I normally work from. Of course I have only been there once in 5 months, working from home now but others were going in.

Comment

Positive test in my main office I normally work from. Of course I have only been there once in 5 months, working from home now but others were going in.
                            My wife is not able to work remote, apparently there was a positive case in her office 2 weeks ago. She was never informed officially and heard about it second hand. She and several others complained, but they were told that is company policy. Hard to believe, that is just messed up.
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              My wife is not able to work remote, apparently there was a positive case in her office 2 weeks ago. She was never informed officially and heard about it second hand. She and several others complained, but they were told that is company policy. Hard to believe, that is just messed up.
                              Very messed up. And it's in conflict with King County's recommendations, assuming she works in the county. Here's the info:

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                Very messed up. And it's in conflict with King County's recommendations, assuming she works in the county. Here's the info:

https://www.kingcounty.gov/depts/hea...ort-cases.aspx
                                thanks, that might be useful ! Hard to believe but she works in the healthcare industry, it was really shocking to see how they dealt with this.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X