No announcement yet.

Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players in the Utah-OKC game literally walked off the court because Rudy Gobert was sick.

Now the NBA officially cancelled the game.

Apparently 2 days ago Gobert joked around regarding the virus and rubbed his hands all over the locker room, and now he’s actually sick. Moron.

Comment

• In the post that I made a few days ago, a scientist (Liz Specht) said that the US would have 1 million Corona cases by the end of April if the #s double about every 6 days. I saw that I left open a window that had the # of cases as of Fri. 3/6. That # was 565. Today, only 5 days later, I refreshed the page on this site and the # today (3/11) was 1281. That's more than double in less than 6 days. Thankfully, the actions of people in the US seem to be changing significantly now in that large public gatherings are beginning to be restricted now. Hopefully, that will reduce the rate at which cases are increasing.

Comment

• Rudy Gobert & Emmanuel Mudiay taken to the local hospital in OKC to test for the coronavirus

Comment

• Tom Hanks and his wife have tested positive for Corona.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I read this about several weeks ago a Harvard scientist stated approximately 40% to 70% of world population will be infected.

https://thehill.com/changing-america...-preparing-for

Comment

• NBA season suspended

Rudy Gobert tested positive for the virus

Comment

• NBA suspends season
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Well, that just got real real.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• As I’m sure you’ve heard, all travel to and from Europe suspended for 30 days. Dow futures plunge 1100 points on the news.

Comment

• How long before MLB makes a similar decision--No Fans at games......…….
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                        How long before MLB makes a similar decision--No Fans at games......…….
                        This is the latest new from MLB.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/c...ter-schedules/

Comment

• Ivy League has suspended all sports for the rest of the season. Big Ten Conference has banned fans from all winter/spring sports events, including the conference basketball tournament starting w games on 3/12 (I'm glad I got to see a couple of U of MD baseball games already). Other universities/conferences have put restrictions in place.
                          Last edited by rhd; 03-12-2020, 02:41 AM.

Comment

• They just shut down my entire workplace. Everyone's working from home for the indefinite future. It has been weird. San Francisco is kind of deserted. I can't imagine how small business owners are going to survive.
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• 80% chance spring training games are cancelled, or played in empty stadiums, by this weekend, and 99% chance that the MLB season will be delayed by a month or more. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                NBA season suspended

Rudy Gobert tested positive for the virus
                                jeeeesus, I watched the Raptors game in Utah on Wed night ... the whole team must be freaked out; what a dick Gobert is after what he did with the reporters & mics.

funny tweet I saw this am - in a sick sort of way - the unsung hero in all this is OG Anunoby on the Raptors - with a couple of minutes left in the game he got in a scuffle with Gobert that resulted in both of them getting tossed ... so Gobert ended up leaving the court & didn't shake any hands or hug anyone at the end of the game ...
                                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X