Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    China is apparently under control enough to provide aid to Italy

In a call between the two foreign ministers, China agreed to supply Italy with 1,000 ventillators and 2 million masks. Additionally, they are donating (!) them 100k respirators, 20k protective suits, and 50k test kits as part of "massive aid" package.
    Well it is not often you can say it, so let's take advantage: Bravo, Chinese government.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      Well it is not often you can say it, so let's take advantage: Bravo, Chinese government.
      This got me thinking about a vaccine. And how it may be different depending who gets it first. Hopefully collaboration and less focus on maximizimg profits
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        It would be nice if one result of this is a global feelimg that we are all in this together, even after this is behind us
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          The Ivy League is cancelling their men’s and women’s basketball conference tournaments
          How long have they even had tournaments? Back when I was still paying attention (i.e., pre-children) the Ivies always just sent the regular season champ to the tournament or had a single tie-break game.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
            How long have they even had tournaments? Back when I was still paying attention (i.e., pre-children) the Ivies always just sent the regular season champ to the tournament or had a single tie-break game.
            Since 2017.

Comment

• My kids' school district is closing on Friday for professional development on virtual learning should there be a need to close school for an extended period of time. We are awaiting test results on one school staff member (at my son's school, where I'm PTA president) who is self-quarantining until the test comes back.

Comment

• My older kid's school is also closed tomorrow for the professional development.

Comment

• I wanted to hand deliver a motor to one of my customers at weeks end. This is what I received:

Unfortunately due to the COVID-19 outbreak we are taking preventive measures to protect the health and safety of our employees. That being said we are restricting all visitors to our facility until further notice.

They are in Wheeling IL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    I wanted to hand deliver a motor to one of my customers at weeks end. This is what I received:

Unfortunately due to the COVID-19 outbreak we are taking preventive measures to protect the health and safety of our employees. That being said we are restricting all visitors to our facility until further notice.

They are in Wheeling IL.
                    As a small business owner, I'm extremely lucky that all of my work is done outside, very little contact with people. Even if the virus blows up through the summer, I should be able to work through it.

As for my part-time job at the record store in the mall, things could get bleak in places like that. If businesses like my record store start to see 20-50% less sales, sustained for even 6 months, that could bankrupt the business, as they rely entirely on in-person sales. Hopefully it doesn't reach that point.
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Apparently someone on the floor of my building has Covid 19
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Apparently someone on the floor of my building has Covid 19
                        At work....
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

At work....
                          Damn, do you have to go in still?
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Apparently someone on the floor of my building has Covid 19
                            On the floor? Is no one helping him out? He at least deserves a bed.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              Damn, do you have to go in still?
                              No. Last day in was thursday. They were apparently in wednesday...havent gotten all the info yet
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

No. Last day in was thursday. They were apparently in wednesday...havent gotten all the info yet
                                So I've got about another week to wait for this one in particular since Wednesday is the last time I could have been in contact. Plus avoiding anyone else.

People infected by the novel coronavirus tend to develop symptoms about five days after exposure, and almost always within two weeks, according to a study released Monday.That incubation period is consistent with previous estimates from public health officials, and the findings suggest that 14 days of quarantine are appropriate for people potentially exposed to the coronavirus.

How do I know if I was exposed?
                                You generally need to be in close contact with a sick person to get infected. Close contact includes:
                                • Living in the same household as a sick person with COVID-19,
                                • Caring for a sick person with COVID-19
                                • Being within 6 feet of a sick person with COVID-19 for about 10 minutes, OR
                                • Being in direct contact with secretions from a sick person with COVID-19 (e.g., being coughed on, kissing, sharing utensils, etc.). If you have not been in close contact with a sick person with COVID-19, you are considered to be at low risk for infection. You can continue to go to work and school, but should monitor your health for 14 days and stay away from others if you get sick.
                                What should I do if I am a close contact to someone
                                Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 03-10-2020, 04:41 PM.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X