Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Americans are just too stupid to defeat this virus. It will never happen. Our only chance is to just hope herd immunity is real, or a vaccine comes to our rescue.
    Too stupid, too privileged, and led by a sociopath.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      The mask revolt has begun:

"An emergency proclamation requiring face masks in stores and restaurants in Stillwater, Oklahoma, was nixed after store and restaurant owners received threats.
      The proclamation was issued Thursday. Among other things, the order made businesses require patrons to cover their faces to combat the spread of coronavirus.
      But on Friday, Mayor Will Joyce softened the rule to encourage, not require, face coverings, after several reports emerged of employees being verbally abused and being threatened with physical violence while trying to enforce the order -- all in just three hours of the rule going into effect."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/02/us/fa...rnd/index.html
      The only person I know in Oklahoma is Steve, so I just assume he is part of this kerfuffle. Just wear a damn mask, Steve!

Comment

• I'm not seeing an end in sight. It just keeps spreading. I live in a city of 100K with only 72 confirmed cases and only 1 death. Despite everything shut down and lots of precautions, we continue to see new cases. In the last few days, a Wal-Mart employee and our first long-term care home worker confirmed. Care worker showed zero symptoms, only caught via screening. Announced less than 24 hours ago, so that could escalate the death toll.

When even the most isolated communities are shutting everything down and still see new cases after 2 months of lockdown, that concerns me.

I'm seeing a lot of hostility in public. Had a guy waiting in the space to pickup takeout food tell me "6 feet, buddy", (while I was wearing a facemask, he wasn't) which escalated into fuck you's. I was picking up an order for 6:00. Time was 6:05. His order was for 6:10, but he thought he could hold the room hostage until his order was ready I guess. People are losing it, looking for excuses to cut others down. I can't imagine the amplified pressure in the US.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
          The only person I know in Oklahoma is Steve, so I just assume he is part of this kerfuffle. Just wear a damn mask, Steve!
          I also know Steve 2.0, evets, midnight otter....
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          ---------------------------------------------
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            They should all wear masks too.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              So he violates the social gathering orders just by being himself.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• So anyone know what the deal is with CDC magically dropping death totals by 30K? Now I see people on FB calling out the conspiracy of inflating numbers to make their cult leader look bad.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  So anyone know what the deal is with CDC magically dropping death totals by 30K? Now I see people on FB calling out the conspiracy of inflating numbers to make their cult leader look bad.
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Thanks... I sent that to them but I'm sure their minds are already made up.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Another stats update as of 7:46 AM today. Last stats were from 5/1 at 7:46 AM, exactly 3 days ago:

- 1,188,826 cases in US, up from 1,095,304, a 8.5% increase, which is about the same increase as last time (8.4%). The increases of the last 6 days give a doubling rate of about every 26 days. The new cases for this period were 93,522 compared to 84,797 for last time, for a ratio of 1.10, which is higher that last time (1.00). The new cases for 2 periods ago was 84,749 so a comparison w this period's new cases gives a rate of 1.10, which is much higher than last time (0.86).
                      - 68,606 deaths in US, up from 63,871, a 7.4% increase which is a much smaller increase than last time (12.4%). The increases of the last 6 days give a doubling rate of about every 22 days. At this rate, the US projects to hit 100,000 deaths by about May 15. The US mortality rate is now 5.77%, down slightly from, 5.83%.
                      - 3,585,428 cases worldwide, up from 3,327,670, a 7.7% increase which is a slightly smaller increase than last time (8.0%). The new cases for this period were 257,758 compared to 245,985 for last time, for a ratio of 1.05 which is about the same as last time (1.06). The new cases for 2 periods ago was 231,578 so a comparison w this period's new cases gives a rate of 1.11, which is much higher than last time (0.93).
                      - 248,867 deaths worldwide, up from 234,492, a 6.1% increase which is a much smaller increase than last time (10.4%). The world mortality rate is 6.94%, down from 7.05%. Italy's mortality rate is 13.71%, up slightly from 13.61%, Belgium's is 15.76%, up slightly from 15.71%, Spain's is 10.30%, up slightly from 10.24%, France's is 14.76%, up from 14.43%, UK's is 15.24%, down from 15.63%, Germany's is 4.15%, up slightly from 4.08% and Canada's is 6.09%.
                      - 217 countries/territories/etc. have confirmed cases w suspected cases in 1 other (North Korea), up from 215. There are only 12 countries, 10 of which are South Pacific Island republics, that have neither reported nor have suspected cases: Lesotho, Turkmenistan, Kiribati, Marshall Is., Micronesia, Nauru, Palau, Samoa, Solomon Is., Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu. The vast majority of countries have at least 1 death, w Vietnam having the most cases w no reported deaths, 271.

Rates of increase decreased but the new cases rates got worse this time for both the US and the world. Cases continue to surge in Russia and Brazil and also have surged recently for Canada, Peru and Ecuador.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                        Another stats update as of 7:46 AM today. Last stats were from 5/1 at 7:46 AM, exactly 3 days ago:

- 1,188,826 cases in US, up from 1,095,304, a 8.5% increase, which is about the same increase as last time (8.4%). The increases of the last 6 days give a doubling rate of about every 26 days. The new cases for this period were 93,522 compared to 84,797 for last time, for a ratio of 1.10, which is higher that last time (1.00). The new cases for 2 periods ago was 84,749 so a comparison w this period's new cases gives a rate of 1.10, which is much higher than last time (0.86).
                        - 68,606 deaths in US, up from 63,871, a 7.4% increase which is a much smaller increase than last time (12.4%). The increases of the last 6 days give a doubling rate of about every 22 days. At this rate, the US projects to hit 100,000 deaths by about May 15. The US mortality rate is now 5.77%, down slightly from, 5.83%.
                        - 3,585,428 cases worldwide, up from 3,327,670, a 7.7% increase which is a slightly smaller increase than last time (8.0%). The new cases for this period were 257,758 compared to 245,985 for last time, for a ratio of 1.05 which is about the same as last time (1.06). The new cases for 2 periods ago was 231,578 so a comparison w this period's new cases gives a rate of 1.11, which is much higher than last time (0.93).
                        - 248,867 deaths worldwide, up from 234,492, a 6.1% increase which is a much smaller increase than last time (10.4%). The world mortality rate is 6.94%, down from 7.05%. Italy's mortality rate is 13.71%, up slightly from 13.61%, Belgium's is 15.76%, up slightly from 15.71%, Spain's is 10.30%, up slightly from 10.24%, France's is 14.76%, up from 14.43%, UK's is 15.24%, down from 15.63%, Germany's is 4.15%, up slightly from 4.08% and Canada's is 6.09%.
                        - 217 countries/territories/etc. have confirmed cases w suspected cases in 1 other (North Korea), up from 215. There are only 12 countries, 10 of which are South Pacific Island republics, that have neither reported nor have suspected cases: Lesotho, Turkmenistan, Kiribati, Marshall Is., Micronesia, Nauru, Palau, Samoa, Solomon Is., Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu. The vast majority of countries have at least 1 death, w Vietnam having the most cases w no reported deaths, 271.

Rates of increase decreased but the new cases rates got worse this time for both the US and the world. Cases continue to surge in Russia and Brazil and also have surged recently for Canada, Peru and Ecuador.
                        no agenda - where is this information grabbed from - I think that you have been using the same source so at least it is consistent

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                          no agenda - where is this information grabbed from - I think that you have been using the same source so at least it is consistent
                          Virtually all of the figures are from the YT channel "Roylab Stats" which I find to have the most consistently up to date worldwide stats. In the past, I have also used the Johns Hopkins COVID-19 Dashboard site, the Worldometers Coronavirus site and the Statista.com site.

Yeah, the main purpose is to provide info about the pandemic, particularly its spread, how bad it is likely to be and how soon we can expect it to end. But, mainly in other posts, I do also try to focus attention on the evils, dangers and corruption of the CCP and WHO.

Comment

• If you trust Fauci, one of the foremost experts in the field, if not the foremost expert, more than Mike Pompeo, who has no expertise in this field at all, it might be useful to know that Fauci says there is no evidence that this virus was made in a Wuhan lab or is human made at all: https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...bbG?li=BBnb7Kz

I think it is a very important thing to come to terms with because I think the push to convince the public that this was made by China is an attempt to give a face to the enemy, which deflects from our internal failures, and gives Trump an opportunity to do what he does best--scapegoat an enemy. Politics aside, I think it is dangerous because it makes people believe if we can stop the bad guys, we will be okay going forward. That the solution would be a military one, not a public health one, when the reality is that this pandemic, or one like it, was a statistical inevitably given how we interact with the animals we eat by the millions and billions, and another even more deadly virus could jump to us at any time. We absolutely must accept the real and present danger of that and act accordingly.

Our primary enemy in terms of this and future pandemics isn't the oppressive and duplicitous nation of China, except to the extent that their massive population and wet market habits are ripe for this sort of species jumping. Our primary enemies are the millions of potential virus that could tear through our species if we continue to focus most of our resources on human enemies and precious little on the millions of murderous microbial pathogens that can cripple our economies and take us out in numbers greater than world wars. I hope COVID-19 is a wake up call that shows us how little prepared we were for something like this.

That is not to say that China is blameless in all this. At the very least, they hid the seriousness of this virus, which greatly impacted the global response to it. Some reports indicate this wasn't from incompetence, but based on efforts to collect and shore up their own supplies and meet their own needs before the world knew what was coming--basically exactly what those Republican senators did when they sold off their stocks while telling us there was nothing to fear. But in hoping for or believing they are the creator of the pathogen, we are not only playing into the hands of those looking to politicize this virus, but much more concerning, we are potentially dismissing the very real threat of the millions of virus that are out there that can be the next COVID-19, or worse.
                            Last edited by Sour Masher; 05-05-2020, 12:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              If you trust Fauci, one of the foremost experts in the field, if not the foremost expert, more than Mike Pompeo, who has no expertise in this field at all, it might be useful to know that Fauci says there is no evidence that this virus was made in a Wuhan lab or is human made at all: https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...bbG?li=BBnb7Kz

I think it is a very important thing to come to terms with because I think the push to convince the public that this was made by China is an attempt to give a face to the enemy, which deflects from our internal failures, and gives Trump an opportunity to do what he does best--scapegoat an enemy. Politics aside, I think it is dangerous because it makes people believe if we can stop the bad guys, we will be okay going forward. That the solution would be a military one, not a public health one, when the reality is that this pandemic, or one like it, was a statistical inevitably given how we interact with the animals we eat by the millions and billions, and another even more deadly virus could jump to us at any time. We absolutely must accept the real and present danger of that and act accordingly.

Our primary enemy in terms of this and future pandemics isn't the oppressive and duplicitous nation of China, except to the extent that their massive population and wet market habits are ripe for this sort of species jumping. Our primary enemies are the millions of potential virus that could tear through our species if we continue to focus most of our resources on human enemies and precious little on the millions of murderous microbial pathogens that can cripple our economies and take us out in numbers greater than world wars. I hope COVID-19 is a wake up call that shows us how little prepared we were for something like this.

That is not to say that China is blameless in all this. At the very least, they hid the seriousness of this virus, which greatly impacted the global response to it. Some reports indicate this wasn't from incompetence, but based on efforts to collect and shore up their own supplies and meet their own needs before the world knew what was coming--basically exactly what those Republican senators did when they sold off their stocks while telling us there was nothing to fear. But in hoping for or believing they are the creator of the pathogen, we are not only playing into the hands of those looking to politicize this virus, but much more concerning, we are potentially dismissing the very real threat of the millions of virus that are out there that can be the next COVID-19, or worse.
                              Very well said, thanks.
                              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• This clip going viral right now really warmed my heart.

Comment

Working...
                                X