Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
    what you fail to realize is everyone is an expert at politics. it's like saying you are a computer expert in an age where everyone has a computer and uses one everyday. you might be better at programming, but you'll never convince people they aren't experts or have an opinion about something they use everyday.
    Don't leave out the google and the cut and paste.

Comment

what you fail to realize is everyone is an expert at politics. it's like saying you are a computer expert in an age where everyone has a computer and uses one everyday. you might be better at programming, but you'll never convince people they aren't experts or have an opinion about something they use everyday.
      That... doesn't make any sense.

Regardless of who is an expert at politics, morality arguments that may relate to a scientist or a business owner don't necessarily apply in the same way to a politician. Accepting Einstein's theories, even if he married his cousin, are not akin to voting for a political leader who may have moral issues. There is some common ground I guess if you want to squint, but they are not equivalent.

That has nothing to do with whether someone is an expert at politics or computers. Also I've convinced a lot of people that I'm much better than them at coding, so your analogy here isn't ideal either, but I do get what you are saying, even if it doesn't quite work, and really doesn't apply to this situation/discussion at all.

Comment

• the boats lift the tide

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          That... doesn't make any sense.

Regardless of who is an expert at politics, morality arguments that may relate to a scientist or a business owner don't necessarily apply in the same way to a politician. Accepting Einstein's theories, even if he married his cousin, are not akin to voting for a political leader who may have moral issues. There is some common ground I guess if you want to squint, but they are not equivalent.

That has nothing to do with whether someone is an expert at politics or computers. Also I've convinced a lot of people that I'm much better than them at coding, so your analogy here isn't ideal either, but I do get what you are saying, even if it doesn't quite work, and really doesn't apply to this situation/discussion at all.
          i don't know man all i am saying is someones moral failings doesn't impair their ability to do work. i am kind of over my logical thinking limit on this.

i get scattered. because you're right morality does have something to do with it. take for example microloans in third world countries or here, the way those things work is a person get's a $1000 dollar loan to start a business. or 2 people. and there are 4 other people waiting to get the loan too, if they don't pay it back and their business isn't successful the people behind them don't get a loan. so they have an incentive to make sure the recipient before them is successful. the program has been a major success. because it works on a community basis. not a winner take all basis. unlike how our model is. a term called social responsibility.

i don't even know what i am trying to debate about anymore. maybe you are right. you have nothing to teach me except except stamina and constitution in debating.

Comment

• i like your company though. i wouldn't have been able to go through my own machinations if you weren't there to challenge me. so i appreciate it. we all have a role to play in life buddy. and no role is any more important than any other other one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              Don't leave out the google and the cut and paste.
              lol what do you mean? no i learned that lesson a long time ago from life experience. when i was working a Corning, such a great company, the main IT guy was was germany and was actually homeless. he was sending money back. so when we all got laid off, this was like 20 years ago, he was wandering around because he was sleeping and living inside the company. well the company found out and bought him a plane ticket and sent him home. but you know he was actually very good at his job.

when he gave me that speech about everyone having a computer which made them think they were experts, it was epic. it was up there like when a psychiatrist gave me a speech about two sides to every coin, like trying to tell the guy that invented telephones that people that now use them wouldn't think they aren't adept as the inventor after 100 years.

no google cut and paste, i try to minimize my plagiarism. most of the time, what you get from me is pure life experience. and i've always said, experience is always better.

Comment

• you guys should be buying as much freeze dried food as you can, some guns or learning to shoot a bow and arrow and some leather pants, because while we sit here debating semantics, the world you know isn't coming back anytime soon. might i make few suggestions the boy scouts handbook, US army survival manual, living off the country, and home brewing without failure.

but just so you know, if you come across my abandoned bunker or canned goods, chances will be, all the food will be expired. and only then can you take my expired food challenge. just remember a best before date is not the same as an expired one.

Comment

lol what do you mean? no i learned that lesson a long time ago from life experience. when i was working a Corning, such a great company, the main IT guy was was germany and was actually homeless. he was sending money back. so when we all got laid off, this was like 20 years ago, he was wandering around because he was sleeping and living inside the company. well the company found out and bought him a plane ticket and sent him home. but you know he was actually very good at his job.

when he gave me that speech about everyone having a computer which made them think they were experts, it was epic. it was up there like when a psychiatrist gave me a speech about two sides to every coin, like trying to tell the guy that invented telephones that people that now use them wouldn't think they aren't adept as the inventor after 100 years.

no google cut and paste, i try to minimize my plagiarism. most of the time, what you get from me is pure life experience. and i've always said, experience is always better.
                  Not you. I was suggesting with tongue in cheek that with google and cut and paste everyone is an expert on everything.

Comment

you guys should be buying as much freeze dried food as you can, some guns or learning to shoot a bow and arrow and some leather pants, because while we sit here debating semantics, the world you know isn't coming back anytime soon. might i make few suggestions the boy scouts handbook, US army survival manual, living off the country, and home brewing without failure.

but just so you know, if you come across my abandoned bunker or canned goods, chances will be, all the food will be expired. and only then can you take my expired food challenge. just remember a best before date is not the same as an expired one.
                    I saw a commercial for a new tv show where they eat expired food.

Comment

• here is a couple videos to get you guys started

Comment

• one more. btw you can buy portable wood stoves that even work in tents. i'd put one in my RV but i am not a fan of drilling holes in my roof unless i have too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          Not you. I was suggesting with tongue in cheek that with google and cut and paste everyone is an expert on everything.
                          lol i i know. i do plagiarize sometimes though!

Comment

• one thing i learned this year was when you set up a camp, you definitely have to watch out for widow makers falling on my head in the middle of the night. trees, branches, big branches. i said fuck it for a few months while looking up at them but eventually it dawned on me to put a tarp over my tent just in case to break their fall. i had found a good spot and refused to move. i was on the perfect hill. water intrusion was my main enemy. and in 6 months i stayed dry and the branches never came down on me. water in your tent is really the enemy. some people are ok with it but i'd much rather have a branch try to fall on my head than pick a bad spot where water get's in my tent. but that's just me.

i thought i was brilliant when i finally realized to tie a tarp to the trees overhead. amazingly the pitbull boxer never destroyed my tent. i'd poke my head out in the mornings and make fun of him, he slept in the RV. i had a lot of pet names for him, i'd call him meat stick or stupid face. sometime when i get around to learning to do it i'll put some pictures and a video up. incredible dog.

Comment

• it's also a good idea not to cook steak or chicken and get drunk and pass out and lose the meat inside your tent and forget about it being under your pillow and then wonder why you keep hearing large animals (coyotes), walking around your tent at night. i was more upset about forgetting where i put it because i had wanted to eat it. i found that shit like days later and was oh yeah, lol. no wonder they were walking around my tent. damn i wanted to eat that shit.

Comment

• This is a great article, highly recommended.

A guide to making sense of a problem that is now too big for any one person to fully comprehend
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X